Starting New Biz

Well I know there are a million Web Hosting Directories and Image Hosting directories, I'm interested in starting one myself. I found a script worth 100 dollars....

Does anyone have any reccomendations on a script to use?

I already have an idea of how to get a good list created but what sorts of strategies do you guys suggest for traffic because the only way I see to make money off a site like this is through advertisements and if there is no traffic no one will want to advertise so does anyone have any suggestions for that?
    Last edited by nash123; 08-03-2005 at 03:51 AM.

hi friend,

Start you site first,

collect the data for that,

you can advertise on PPC search engine like google, yahoo and more..

Start adding your site in related directories.

Add some content oriented article on it

and Get traffic

Best of Luck!

There are generally two means of creating revenue off hosting directories at this time. Firstly, use affiliate programs..some of the bigger players are offering $100 per signup. This is great for new directories, but certainly creates a level of apprehension amongst the more experienced players on the internet due to the potential bias associated with this method. Secondly, hosts can advertise on your site...CPC, CPM etc. For a decent ROI, particularly with the more established hosts, you need to have a history of traffic for hosts to advertise with this method.

Of course, it isn't as simple as this..but if gives a basic rundown. : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

What do you mean by sign up for in when people sign up through the site for a host I get money? Or what type of affiliate?

Originally posted by nash123
    What do you mean by sign up for in when people sign up through the site for a host I get money? Or what type of affiliate?
    I'm sure you already know how most of this functions....

Sign up for an affiliate program with hosting companies themselves, or with a company like cj, put the link with the tracking code on your site. When a user on your site clicks the link a cookie is created with the hosting company. If that person signs up within 30 or 60 days, you receive the payout. The reason I mention potential bias is simply that some hosting directories rate their TOP 10 hosts as the companies who pay them the most affiliate dollars, rather than their real top 10. : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

ahhhh Ok understood...I understand the concept of affiliate just didn't know what you meant by that...thanks for the clarification...I guess a system of proving we are unbiased would be a good approach to create a strong bond between visitors and the site