need help with yahoo domain change

hey,
    i registered my domain through yahoo, and now im trying to change it to my DNS at realwebhost.com

SCREENSHOT IS HERE.
    putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21402105083.gif&s=x1

(copy paste link)

wtf am i supposed to put for "A" and "CNAME"... also MX records??

man yahoo is so complicated. if i cancel my yahoo domain registration, will i be able to immediately re-register with godaddy?

Why do you want to change the A RECORDS and CNAMES?

If you have the DNS given by realwebhost.com then simply click on "Change Nameservers" and update the DNS.

It should be pretty easy and simple.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Originally posted by CSDesk
    Why do you want to change the A RECORDS and CNAMES?

If you have the DNS given by realwebhost.com then simply click on "Change Nameservers" and update the DNS.

It should be pretty easy and simple.
    i've changed the DNS to the realwebhost servers, but the A and CNAME still says Yahoo! does it matter? sorry im a newbie to this stuff

no it shouldnt do.

thanks for tip there. I had the exact same question. It's really dumb because at yahoo help it says there is a "delete" link that I can click on but it's not there.

I have a similar question. I have yahoo as my registrar, and I have a reseller account where I can my own custom nameservers. I have been given the ip addresses of these two custome nameservers. Where do these ip addresses go?

You would need to have yahoo support register the nameservers for you with the Ip Addresses that you furnish
    Domain Maven

I asked Yahoo to register nameservers. They said that they did it, but the nameservers don't seem to work. What tests can I run to determine whether the problem is with Yahoo or with my web host?

try dnsreport.com checkdns.net dnscheck.com
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Re: need help with yahoo domain change

Originally posted by iminlovewith
    if i cancel my yahoo domain registration, will i be able to immediately re-register with godaddy?
    If it has been registered, you cannot unregister. After 60 days you can transfer. Before you put in a transfer request, be sure that your whois-listed email address is one that is functional. As a security measure you may be contacted at that address for approval. If your domain is locked, you need to unlock it before entering your transfer request. For security purposes, don't unlock your domain too far in advance of your plan to transfer.

changing ip address of nameservers at yahoo is a f*****g nightmare, i've been ignored for 5 straight days, still on going, i kept calling them, all they say is: "we are still taking care of the issue, there is no ETA"

WHAT IF THE ETA IS 3 MONTHS FROM NOW????

STAY AWAY FROM YAHOO & THEIR CHEAP DOMAIN REGISTRATION, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

Quote Originally Posted by savvy
    changing ip address of nameservers at yahoo is a f*****g nightmare, i've been ignored for 5 straight days, still on going, i kept calling them, all they say is: "we are still taking care of the issue, there is no ETA"

WHAT IF THE ETA IS 3 MONTHS FROM NOW????

STAY AWAY FROM YAHOO & THEIR CHEAP DOMAIN REGISTRATION, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
    If the ETA is 3 months, that's okay, because in two months you can be transferred to someplace good. Meanwhile, can you get Yahoo to provide the MelbourneIT registry key? Maybe it will be easier to make simple changes from within the MelbouneIT log-in. You'll probably also need it to unlock your domain when it's time to transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled
    Meanwhile, can you get Yahoo to provide the MelbourneIT registry key?
    I wonder - is this the same thing as EPP AuthCode?

Yahoo makes it SO DIFFICULT to transfer away EPP-based TLDs (they simply wouldn't give you EPP code and tell you to ask Melbourne IT for it and Melbourne IT simply ignores your requests) I hope that with this registry key I could login to their system and get that code sooner...

???
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).