First time setting up online payment

Hey,

I'm in the process of setting up a web-store for a website and am trying to find the best merchant account and web-store software (easiest to setup, customize, etc.). Anyone help a brother out? Thanks.

~Brandon

For the merchant account, it depends on what country you might be located in as well as potential volume.

For the shopping cart, it depends on all the extras you are looking for as well as the language (ASP. .NET, PHP, etc)

osCommerce is free shopping cart and it has many clones. Also, the cart has many payment modules for different merchant account providers. Just find suitable for you, then put your details from a merchant provider to the module configuration details and you are alive to accept credit cards.
    Credit card processing, online check/ACH and EuroDebit payment solutions for the Internet merchants
    www.psbill.com

Thanks! I forgot to mention the site uses PHP. I'll check out osCommerce, and what about payment processors? Are there any sites out there that detail them side by side? Really we're just interested in the cheapest solution (obviously) and I really have no idea where to begin on that. Thanks again,

~Brandon

That also depends on what country you are located in Brandon.

good info thanks

paypal.com and 2co.com may help as well
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

8. And if you are processing over $1000/month, a merchant account vs. a 3rd party processor might make more sense.
    *** CDGcommerce.com - Now Offering the BEST MERCHANT ACCOUNT RATES Ever! ***
    (CLICK HERE NOW) to start Reducing Chargebacks, Saving Time, and Maximizing Your Profits!
    * MerchantPortal * Chargeback Defender * Fraud Defender * Leading Support * Best Pricing
    Providing Reliable, Secure & Business-Friendly Credit Card Processing since 1998.Resellers Welcome!