Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138

    Thumbs down Resellerzoom Moving in the WRONG Direction

    After 5 months with Resellerzoom it’s time for me to post a review. During this time I have been on three different servers and with the exception of the last, uptime has been for the most part good. When there were issues with the two prior servers I was moved without question, but those moves had a few issues that should have been avoided. Above that there are some huge issues with support — I’ll get to those shortly. For my uptime monitoring I use a third party whose data is consistent with my personal and real-time experience. Resellerzoom provides third party uptime statistics from a different company and that data unfortunately is completely inaccurate. I have seen first hand where the server was down and their server stats never recorded that downtime and as a result the stats incorrectly showed a 100% uptime. On the positive side, server uptime is good and they seem serious about keeping that way.

    Support Issues:
    This is where Resellerzoom has been moving in the wrong direction. The degradation with support has been rapid. Resellerzoom support has degraded to a point of almost uselessness. Stats of my last three tickets to support are as follows:

    Ticket Opened.....Ticket Closed.....Current total number of emails
    July 24.................yes...................22
    July 27.................still opened.........26
    July 29.................still opened.........28

    Of the three tickets one was resolved. Unfortunately it took 22 emails to get that simple issue resolved. Two others still are not resolved. The numbers here don’t articulate the absolute insanity of my correspondences with support. I will provide a summary of one of the tickets below. Others tickets are similar. Text in quotes are the actual text. If you don’t wish to read it all of it (I wouldn’t want to read it either, much less have to live through it), you can skip to my summary at the end.

    Me: “from july 16 through july 29 sever logs for all my sites are now missing. please explain why and then restore.”

    Support: “The server will not run logs if the system is under excessive load.”

    Me: They don’t understand the logs are missing. (I may not be entirely clear here, but I will be in the next email) I point out excessive loads on a server for over 300 hours straight is not likely to say the least. In either case it is not related to this issue - the logs are not there, they are missing.

    Support: “[this] was the cause whether you choose to accept this as a valid answer or not.”

    Me: I explain again, “the loges were there. Now they are gone.” Deleted

    Support: “Please wait 2 1/2 hours for the log processing system to complete.”

    Me: I know it’s stupid, but I wait just so they don’t have this excuse. A couple of hours later, I document again the logs are still missing.

    Support: “I can see the stats for your domain has been updated till 29 Jul in Awstats.”

    Me: Stats? What are they talking about? I explain again it is server access logs not stats that are missing.

    Support: “Looks like there is some problem with updating. I've added cronjob to update your stats, there should be no problems with it from now.”

    Me: I guess it doesn’t matter what I say. If support wants to fix issues that don’t exist, and ignore ones that do exist, there is not much I can do. I explain again it is not the stats, it is the server logs.

    Support: “Sorry for misunderstanding.”

    Me: Okay now they understand – I think. Where is the resolution? I ask for that resolution now for the 7th time.

    Support: “Do you mean stats logs or Raw Access log, or Error logs?”

    Me: I think they must be joking asking again about stat logs. I explain again.

    Support: Unfortunately, http domlogs can't be restored. They're only stored in your home(cpanel-Raw Log Manager) but there are no logs for that period there.

    Me: Well that’s not correct, but I overlook it and ask again for any kind of explanation.

    Support: Support simply repeats their last message.

    Me: Now I correct support on his technical misinformation, and ask again for help.

    Support: “There is no logs for Jul 16 - 29 in server's domlogs as well as in archived logs in your home dir. Domlogs are just just rotated, they're only stored to your home as archive, but there's no logs for that period there.” Is there anything else we could help you with?

    Me: I’m thinking this has got to be a joke. Support parrots my issue as if this was a normal situation and then asks what they can do to help after my asking 10 times for an explanation and a restore (if possible). What can I do? I ask for help again.

    Support: “This pars are missing from the logs and they can't be restored, The web server stopped logging in this period for some reason.”

    Me: This is insane, but I explain again the web server did not stop (shouldn’t they know if their web server stops?), instead the logs were deleted.

    Support: Explains the logs are not backed up and thus cannot be restored. They explain the deleted logs were “were probably truncated.”

    Summary:
    While support tickets are mostly replied to courteously and quickly, not reading support tickets, circular logic, and making up explanations in order to closed tickets are not good support procedures and discount any positives. If issues cannot be resolved, all the pleasant quick responses have little value. Resellerzoom support is currently at its worst during my time here.

    Perhaps there are reasonable explanations. I provided an opportunity for the manager of support to speak to that. The manager of support response was that it was my fault for poor communication, and despite the fact that I have lost two weeks of logs from my account due to a technical or administrative problem on their end, he states that he has no obligation or intent to explain it. After that, I have made several (6 email and web-support tickets) attempts over several days to further address this issue. All those emails and web-tickets from me have been ignored by both support and the support manager. I have a similar experience with another ticket – my emails to the manager of support are simply ignored.

    The single greatest value I place in any company I do business with is the leadership of that company. The leadership of support is at best in question. I have interacted with the owner Kiet on a few occasions, and I thought he was serious in his desire to build a first class web hosting company. Whether he has the wherewithal to do that remains in question. I hope so. There a far too many fly-by-night operators out there looking to make a quick buck. I hope Kiet is here for the long haul. While I wish integrity and desire was enough, unfortunately they are not. Unless things around here change, I can’t see future success for this company.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Let me first say that the servers you were on had absolutely no problems. You requested transfers for reasons other than server issues. I won't be discussing the reasoning for you requesting a move but would like to say there were no issues that should have been avoided. We use websitepulse in 5 minute increments and apologize if you think they are completely inaccurate. We use our own internal systems and simply provide those stats as a courtesy to our clients.

    I see two tickets currently open for you waiting on your reply. If you don't reply then we won't know if you still need assistance and will be eventually closed. I will have those tickets followed up by our support manager.

    Since you bring up the "current total number of emails" in the tickets, I would just like to say that if you provide us with the information that we request instead of making smart remarks toward our staff and repeating the same thing over and over, the "total number of emails" wouldn't be as much. We are here to help but can't help if you don't provide us with the necessary information.

    I also find that you are making comments on some of the answers we provided but yet fail to list the replies you made to those answers. Feel free to post the complete ticket log without edits.

    Lastly, I find the statement where you said you sent 6 emails over the last several days to address this particular issue highly inaccurate. As a matter of fact, we were the last to reply as recently as yesterday 8/1/05.

    We go out of our way to help each and every single one of our of clients no matter what price they pay as evident by the server moves we performed for you on request even though there were absolutely no server issue that would warrant a move. I am not only speaking for ourselves but for the majority of hosting providers that when requesting support, please clearly explain your question or issue in detail along with examples or errors if possible. Making wisecrack remarks toward our staff and posting repeated replies that does not answer our questions are unnecessary yet we remain professional and continue to try and support you as best we can. It does no good to help the cause.

    Thank you.
    IO ZOOM - 100% SSD VPS Hosting
    • Pure SSD / Raid 10 / Free DDoS Protection / KVM Virtualization
    • Datacenter Locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Miami
    www.ioZoom.com / sales[at]iozoom.com
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    I can understand why you won’t be discussing the reason for the previous transfer, but at the risk of the reader getting the wrong impression, as far as I am concerned you are welcome to discuss it. There was an issue with the server, and as I stated above you allowed me to move without question, so there was no reason to continue with that issue. I still have no reason, but as you are bringing it up here we can readdress it here if you like. For the record the “issue” with the first server I was on was not your responsibility, but rather the NOC’s, and again you moved me without question once you were able to discover that issue.

    As far as you being the last to reply on August 1, to a ticket, that is absolutely not true. The ticket I believe you are referencing is 158658. See the timeline of my emails/web-tickets below.

    Ticket number 158658 – I sent emails to supportmanager @ resellerzoom.com on 08/01, 08/02 – all have been ignored. Additionally, I posted duplicates of those emails to the website ticket system on 2 occasions between 08/01 and 08/02 – all have been ignored.

    Ticket number 150971 - I Sent emails to supportmanager @ resellerzoom.com on 7/29, 08/01, 08/02 - all have been ignored. Additionally I posted duplicates of those emails to the website ticket system on 3 occasions between 7/29 and 08/02 – all have been ignored.

    I have provided support with all the necessary information even when it wasn’t necessary just to placate a support person who did not understand the issue. You are absolutely correct I have had to repeat the same thing over and over again, until it finally ends with support saying, “Sorry for misunderstanding.” as above.

    Either you can take ownership for the challenges with your support including your manager of support ignoring my emails, or you won’t. I can only hope you will.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Originally posted by xhackr
    I can understand why you won’t be discussing the reason for the previous transfer, but at the risk of the reader getting the wrong impression, as far as I am concerned you are welcome to discuss it. There was an issue with the server, and as I stated above you allowed me to move without question, so there was no reason to continue with that issue. I still have no reason, but as you are bringing it up here we can readdress it here if you like. For the record the “issue” with the first server I was on was not your responsibility, but rather the NOC’s, and again you moved me without question once you were able to discover that issue.
    Thank you for clearing up the first server move request. As for the 2nd, the reason was you felt the websitepulse uptime report was inaccurate even though it ended the month of June at 99.9% and July at 99.95% which compared to your own custom script showed the server uptime at 98.85% during June.

    I'm not an advocate for 3rd party uptime reports but will say that thousands of people use websitepulse and if their data was off by 1% which is ~8 hours downtime, they would not be in business. Additionally, if we had ~8 hours of downtime we would hear it from many clients and not just you.

    Originally posted by xhackr
    Ticket number 158658 – I sent emails to supportmanager @ resellerzoom.com on 08/01, 08/02 – all have been ignored. Additionally, I posted duplicates of those emails to the website ticket system on 2 occasions between 08/01 and 08/02 – all have been ignored.

    Ticket number 150971 - I Sent emails to supportmanager @ resellerzoom.com on 7/29, 08/01, 08/02 - all have been ignored. Additionally I posted duplicates of those emails to the website ticket system on 3 occasions between 7/29 and 08/02 – all have been ignored.
    I have reviewed both tickets again just to be sure I wasn't missing your replies and again did not see any replies from you as indicated and will welcome any liason/mod of this forum to review. However, I will not rule out the possibility that the emails you sent didn't come through and the the posts made on the online helpdesk directly to these tickets for some reason didn't show up. If you would kindly try again or email me directly at kiet[@]hostingzoom.com, I will make sure it get's taken care of.

    Originally posted by xhackr
    I have provided support with all the necessary information even when it wasn’t necessary just to placate a support person who did not understand the issue. You are absolutely correct I have had to repeat the same thing over and over again, until it finally ends with support saying, “Sorry for misunderstanding.” as above. [/B]
    As mentioned before, feel free to post the entire ticket and not random replies that were edited.
    IO ZOOM - 100% SSD VPS Hosting
    • Pure SSD / Raid 10 / Free DDoS Protection / KVM Virtualization
    • Datacenter Locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Miami
    www.ioZoom.com / sales[at]iozoom.com
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,391
    Seems like HostingZoom is taking their job seriously and wanting to resolve the issues here. Hopefully things will get straightened out for you xhackr, good luck
    █• CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by HostingZoom
    If you would kindly try again or email me directly at kiet[@]hostingzoom.com, I will make sure it get's taken care of.
    Yesterday right after your request here, I sent you the emails you requested at the above address. After no response from you I sent you another email asking for you to at least acknowledge my email. A day later… nothing. Not good, but consistent.


    Originally posted by HostingZoom
    As mentioned before, feel free to post the entire ticket and not random replies that were edited. [/B]
    They are not random replies. They represent each and EVERY email reply with support. While they are edited for brevity and to protect any private information, they do accurately articulate my interaction with support.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    xhackr, if you would take 5 minutes of your time to remove sensitive infomation from that ticket, the public would see beyond any doubt how things were handled. HZ sees that thread in a way, you see it otherwise. I know I would love to read the ticket to see it my own way.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Good job i didnt go with resellerzoom then.....
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    Originally posted by xhackr
    Yesterday right after your request here, I sent you the emails you requested at the above address. After no response from you I sent you another email asking for you to at least acknowledge my email. A day later… nothing. Not good, but consistent.
    I didn't get any emails from you otherwise you would have received a reply. In conclusion, the emails to me were never received, the emails to our support manager were never received, and the messages that were posted _directly_ into the helpdesk ticket after you logged in didn't get posted somehow. I will have both of our emails checked to make sure they are ok. I'll also have websitepulse check their monitoring system since you feel it's completely inaccurate by 1% as compared to your own custom monitor, and I'll also have Cerberbus check our helpdesk to see why your ticket response wasn't posted to the ticket. This is definitely not good but it is consistent.

    You can also send me a PM here at WHT but somehow I feel that won't work either.


    Originally posted by xhackr
    They are not random replies. They represent each and EVERY email reply with support. While they are edited for brevity and to protect any private information, they do accurately articulate my interaction with support.
    Feel free to post the entire ticket and not random replies that were edited.
    IO ZOOM - 100% SSD VPS Hosting
    • Pure SSD / Raid 10 / Free DDoS Protection / KVM Virtualization
    • Datacenter Locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Miami
    www.ioZoom.com / sales[at]iozoom.com
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by HostingZoom
    You can also send me a PM here at WHT but somehow I feel that won't work either.
    If you are challenging my integrity, that is neither warranted nor professional. You are free to disagree with my opinions, but I don’t think public personal attacks will get you much mileage. I don’t lie without or with a reason. Even a liar would have little reason to lie here – there are more enough issues. If you find these lost emails on your end, will you have the integrity to document that here? I hope so.

    Below is one of the email tickets I sent to support three times and to you three times. All were unanswered. Other than email addresses the email is unedited whatsoever.



    Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:08:57 -0400
    To: kiet @ resellerzoom.com
    From: xxxxx
    Subject: Fwd: Re: [ #150971]: mail.mydomain.com redirection

    Third mailing.


    Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:07:57 -0400
    To: kiet @ resellerzoom.com
    From: xxxxx

    Subject: Fwd: Re: [ #150971]: mail.mydomain.com redirection

    Per your request I have sent this and the other ticket to you. Please respond.



    Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:56:37 -0400
    To: "Support Manager" <[email protected]>
    From: xxxxx
    Subject: Fwd: Re: [ #150971]: mail.mydomain.com redirection
    Cc: kiet @ resellerzoom.com

    Third mailing.


    Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:03:36 -0400
    To: "Support Manager" <[email protected]>
    From: xxxxx
    Subject: Fwd: Re: [ #150971]: mail.mydomain.com redirection

    I have posted this three time to the site. This is the second mailing.


    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:08:35 -0400
    To: "Support Manager" <[email protected]>
    From: xxxxx
    Subject: Re: [ #150971]: mail.mydomain.com redirection

    All I can really do is retype everything here again, and I really do not want to do that. In summary the issue is not resolved. First your staff says it was fixed. I then documented it was not. Then you staff says it was fixed again with the dismissive response, This ticket is now closed. All the while no one will answer my simple question, "What did you do to resolve this?" despite four requests to that question. Then I documented it is still occurring with new domains added (the most recent domain added). Then your staff tells me it's not fixable on your end and I have to add subdomains or purchase dedicated IPs. Additionally your staff readdresses events that were already covered in this ticket obviously the ticket is not being read before a response. It's insane, but consistent with all the finger pointing, shoulder shrugging, and circular logic that your staff provides as support. This is occurring far too often - not good, and not acceptable. Perhaps you should speak with each member that touched this ticket and try to resolve this. Notwithstanding that I am running out of time and patience with this nonsense, I'd still like to help, however unless you have a specific question that was not covered in this thread, I am at a loss to provide additional information.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    500
    IO ZOOM - 100% SSD VPS Hosting
    • Pure SSD / Raid 10 / Free DDoS Protection / KVM Virtualization
    • Datacenter Locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, and Miami
    www.ioZoom.com / sales[at]iozoom.com
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    I never thought or realized that your personal address was a different domain from the support manager’s. I obviously sent them to the wrong address. I have forwarded everything again to you at the correct address.

    This does not explain why 6 emails to your support manager went unanswered. Hopefully this will be explained as well.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Lemme make a brief observation here:

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by xhackr
    If you are challenging my integrity, that is neither warranted nor professional. You are free to disagree with my opinions, but I don’t think public personal attacks will get you much mileage.

    With that said:

    1.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhackr challenging Kiet's integrity
    Resellerzoom provides third party uptime statistics from a different company and that data unfortunately is completely inaccurate.
    2.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhackr jumping to the conclusion that HostingZoom/ResellerZoom's Support staff isn't competent enough to handle their own jobs
    not reading support tickets, circular logic, and making up explanations in order to closed tickets are not good support procedures and discount any positives.
    3.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhackr may as well be calling Kiet and his team, morons
    While I wish integrity and desire was enough, unfortunately they are not.
    4.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhackr, see number 3
    It's insane, but consistent with all the finger pointing, shoulder shrugging, and circular logic that your staff provides as support.
    5.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhackr, commiting a personal attack at Kiets integrity
    If you find these lost emails on your end, will you have the integrity to document that here? I hope so.
    Okay, after reading all that. What did you say about Kiet doing "personal attacks" and "challenging your integrity" to you being "neither warranted nor professional"?

    You get the same respect that you give. You can't expect him to give you any respect if you call him and his team incompetent at what they are doing.

    -----------------------------------------------

    On an on-topic note.

    I've been with ResellerZoom roughly 6 months now, and never had I had a problem with downtime, or their support.

    Their support has always been knowledgable in what they do, they've always responded within 30-minutes to an hour, and had the ticket solved and problem fixed within 2 hours. And if they didn't know the answer to a solution, Kiet would personally take time away from whatever he was doing to calmly help me out.

    They've always been respectful and courteous to me, no matter how aggrivated I get at the problem, they are always kind and friendly, and get the problem solved while getting me calmed at the same time. They've been more of a friend to me, than a support agent, and they've always treated me like a member of their family whether I treated them good enough for the situation or not.

    My server stats and ResellerZoom's have always been near accurate with each other (within a 0.1 margin).

    I do not see any reason why Kiet would lie on these boards. He's always proven himself to be knowledgable, fair, and truthful in whatever situation.

    I think it would benefit you more to lie, then Kiet. Not saying you are though. But, perfect situation. Disgruntled Customer trying to divert people from said company. Stretch the truth a little, no one will know.

    You know, that kinda thing.

    I think you ought to be a little more appreciative of what you have. If anything, I've been spoiled with this support and attention ResellerZoom has given me, and I'm on their lowest plan.

    I'm just another cheap, balding bastard trying to pinch a penny and make a profit. Though it doesn't matter to them, they support me just as well as if I had the $60+ plan.

    That's what a real company is, can you honestly find a host that has given you as much support and help?

    Just my 2 Kilobytes of bandwidth (truely is, I think this post is about 2k)
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Stretch the truth a little, no one will know.
    If only he would post that ticket "as is"... we would then be able to judge for ourselves how things were handled.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York.
    Posts
    773
    Post the entire ticket.

    This matter should really be resolved with Hostingzoom. It is apparant that they do respond to tickets being Kiet has replied here.

    They also have a forum, I checked.
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,899
    I also have to agree, xhackr it'd be in your best interest to post the full tickets (un-edited) as you had chosen to raise this thread vs. dealing with hostingzoom/resellerzoom off forum. As they do have their own forums you may of gotten an even quicker response from them there also.

    Hopefully your situation is resolved fully in the end.

    -Justin
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Just another person flaming a hosting company trying to attract attention.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18

    Thumbs up

    RZ/HZ Support has been nothing short of fantastic for me. The first night with them I was having troubles importing a mysql database. A few emails later they requested the database file and actually did it manually themselves - talk about impressive support.

    And yes, as the others have asked - post the ticket.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    135

    Exclamation

    Sumthin smells funny

    I don't doubt you have had an issue but since you have failed to provide your unedited ticket information while providing all of the RZ ticket info has made your beef suspicious. The way your doing this is not balanced. This could be intentional..

    Even HZ asked you this days ago.
    Originally posted by HostingZoom
    Feel free to post the entire ticket and not random replies that were edited.
    While HZ or any respectable webhost would not post client information themselves, the fact that they asked you (or gave the okay) makes me think there is more to this.

      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Originally posted by rootbug
    Sumthin smells funny

    I don't doubt you have had an issue but since you have failed to provide your unedited ticket information while providing all of the RZ ticket info has made your beef suspicious. The way your doing this is not balanced. This could be intentional..

    Even HZ asked you this days ago.

    While HZ or any respectable webhost would not post client information themselves, the fact that they asked you (or gave the okay) makes me think there is more to this.

    Yup yup! Our buddy got caught in a lie, caught disrespecting Kiet. And he's been able to do all that within a day, but he can't follow up to a simple cut and paste.

    Seems he flown the coop after he was found out.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    99
    I forget who but someone in another thread brought up this point which I feel is very true after being at WHT for so long -- A lot of disgruntled customers post here mostly out of spite. They feel they've been wronged and want to do public damage to the company's reputation.

    HZ/RZ obviously has multiple channels of support (a look at their website shows forums, 24/7 ticket support, 24/7 chat, and a phone number during regular hours). So WHY would any customer looking to get an issue resolved ASAP resort to posting on WHT? It's the least direct form of contact with your provider.

    It's fine for someone to post a bad review of a provider - it's useful and constructive for other readers when someone posts facts of what happened and supporting evidence. But there's no need for additional personal commentary - that's just designed to publicly badmouth the company. Let the facts speak for themselves. It's especially uncalled for when one isn't posting all the details.

    I agree with ScreamingEagle, with your tone and suggestions, Kiet has been courteous enough. And please don't quote my post and try to break it down point by point, I've said what I said, that's about it. At this point, I'm not really questioning the validity of your complaints but more so the way you've made them.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    Budget reseller support has only help desk support - not phone, not chat. In one ticket I sent 3 emails to the support manager and submitted 3 emails to the web-ticket system. None where responded to. In another ticket I had the same results. So after all were not responded to over several days, posting was my only option.

    As I said in my first post, the single greatest value I place in a company is its leadership. My biggest concern here was not what was going on at the line-level, but with the manager of support. After the manager of support said that despite the fact that I have lost two weeks of logs from my account due to a technical or administrative problem on their end, he has no obligation or intent to explain it, and all my emails to him and support after that were not responded to, I posted here.

    In that first post I said that in my interactions with Kiet I felt he was a person of integrity, “…he was serious in his desire to build a first class web hosting company”, “server uptime is good and they seem serious about keeping that way”, and "When there were issues with the two prior servers I was moved without question", it is beyond me how anyone here can legitimately claim I was a disgruntled customer looking to bad mouth Kiet.

    After getting nowhere with support and the support manager’s email address, Kiet posted his address here. When I put my glasses on and read that address correctly , I wrote him. He solved all the issues – case closed.

    There is not much more I can say. If I wanted this resolved I had to post. I posted, Kiet responded, and the issues got solved. Isn’t that one of the functions of WHT? I think so. So thanks Kiet, and thanks WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nashik,India
    Posts
    60
    Hi,

    I have multiple accounts with reseller zoom since long time but I have never faced an situtation where there was no reply form them .

    Being in India our time zomes are different but I have never felt that I have to wait for typical 3-12 houts to get the reply.

    If there was an case when the reply was not there that little bit followup would have solved the problem.

    Regards,
    Ajay
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Originally posted by xhackr
    Budget reseller support has only help desk support - not phone, not chat. In one ticket I sent 3 emails to the support manager and submitted 3 emails to the web-ticket system. None where responded to. In another ticket I had the same results. So after all were not responded to over several days, posting was my only option.

    As I said in my first post, the single greatest value I place in a company is its leadership. My biggest concern here was not what was going on at the line-level, but with the manager of support. After the manager of support said that despite the fact that I have lost two weeks of logs from my account due to a technical or administrative problem on their end, he has no obligation or intent to explain it, and all my emails to him and support after that were not responded to, I posted here.

    In that first post I said that in my interactions with Kiet I felt he was a person of integrity, “…he was serious in his desire to build a first class web hosting company”, “server uptime is good and they seem serious about keeping that way”, and "When there were issues with the two prior servers I was moved without question", it is beyond me how anyone here can legitimately claim I was a disgruntled customer looking to bad mouth Kiet.

    After getting nowhere with support and the support manager’s email address, Kiet posted his address here. When I put my glasses on and read that address correctly , I wrote him. He solved all the issues – case closed.

    There is not much more I can say. If I wanted this resolved I had to post. I posted, Kiet responded, and the issues got solved. Isn’t that one of the functions of WHT? I think so. So thanks Kiet, and thanks WHT.
    No, I'm sorry.

    WHT is not for getting answers. If you wanted answers, use the hosts forum. WHT is not a technical support bed for ResellerZoom or any other hosting company. You might want to brush up on WHT's forum rules. It's all explained in black and white.

    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/misc.p...on=forum-rules

    Though, I'm glad to see that after you calmed down a bit, it's alot easier to get the situation handled.

    Though next time, if you have a problem with ResellerZoom, I and probably the rest of the forum here, request you use their Forum to get this kinda thing resolved. As WHT is for for reviews. Something this topic was strictly not.

    This only strengthens my backing of Kiet, when I said he had nothing to lie or fabricate about.

    But I'm glad to see you got everything fixed.

    Good luck with your further hosting with them. And look forward to hear an ACTUAL review sometime soon.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    138
    Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Though next time, if you have a problem with ResellerZoom, I and probably the rest of the forum here, request you use their Forum to get this kinda thing resolved. As WHT is for for reviews. Something this topic was strictly not.
    Now you’re the mommy and spokesperson for wht? I got a news flash for you sweetie, what you and your soapbox diatribe thinks means jack to me.

    Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Yup yup! Our buddy got caught in a lie, caught disrespecting Kiet. And he's been able to do all that within a day, but he can't follow up to a simple cut and paste.

    Seems he flown the coop after he was found out.
    I'm still here and long before you came around with your white night bs this issue was resolved.

    Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    This only strengthens my backing of Kiet...
    Kiet is a big boy and can handle himself without any help from a 15 year old cheerleading sycophant.
    Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    Just another person flaming a hosting company trying to attract attention.
    The only one I see here try to attract attention is you and your pom-poms. Give it a break, turn off the computer, go outside – it’s summer.
    Last edited by xhackr; 08-06-2005 at 06:39 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    955
    Originally posted by xhackr
    Now you’re the mommy and spokesperson for wht? I got a news flash for you sweetie, what you and your soapbox diatribe thinks means jack to me.


    I'm still here and long before you came around with your white night bs this issue was resolved.


    Kiet is a big boy and can handle himself without any help from a 15 year old cheerleading sycophant.


    The only one I see here try to attract attention is you and your pom-poms. Give it a break, turn off the computer, go outside – it’s summer.
    I love it when you prove my point. Faster baby faster.

    I just love it when people break the rules, and shoot the messenger.
      0 Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •