Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Can't believe what the world is turning to!

http://www.orbitz.com/gaytravel/

F
    ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

I'm straight but I think that's great! (that sounded ~gay no offense to anyone)

Two Girls

Two Guys but I'm okay with it. I have a buddy working at CitiMortgage and lets just say Citi is very diverse. They actually sponsored some Gay Festival / Parade deal and celebrated the Gay Day or what ever it is
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sid007
    I'm straight but I think that's great! (that sounded ~gay no offense to anyone)

Two Girls

Two Guys but I'm okay with it. I have a buddy working at CitiMortgage and lets just say Citi is very diverse. They actually sponsored some Gay Festival / Parade deal and celebrated the Gay Day or what ever it is
    It remembers me of... Boat Trip... http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808403236
    ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Originally posted by Francisco
    Can't believe what the world is turning to!

F
    outrageous!
    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL?
    WHAT THE HELL? let's go shoot everyone who is different quickly before anymore of this stuff happens!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Originally posted by climax
    outrageous!
    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL?
    WHAT THE HELL? let's go shoot everyone who is different quickly before anymore of this stuff happens!!!
    the difference between you and me, is that I do not support gay acts..... I think it's a mental dissorder but that's just me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    ^_^
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Ironic.

let's smoke the bastards out then!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm gay, does that make me mental?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    I'm gay, does that make me mental?
    look out
    we're going to smoke you out!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Originally posted by climax
    outrageous!
    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL?
    How do you figure its "Equal Rights"? They are creating more segregation for themselves by even having that... So its okay to make a "StraightTravel" that EXCLUDES gays? By making a "GayTravel" they are segregating straight people..

Travel is just that.. Travel, there is no gay travel, there is no straight travel.. Its Orbitz way of a cheap marketing ploy to "Support" the gay community in which they are helping become more segregated
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Trifolic
    How do you figure its "Equal Rights"? They are creating more segregation for themselves by even having that... So its okay to make a "StraightTravel" that EXCLUDES gays? By making a "GayTravel" they are segregating straight people..

Travel is just that.. Travel, there is no gay travel, there is no straight travel.. Its Orbitz way of a cheap marketing ploy to "Support" the gay community in which they are helping become more segregated
    Did you even read that page? Its not a "gays only" thing...its marketing to a certain segment of the population. Its the same as if they had a "singles cruise" page...which advertised a cruise package geared towards single people. Or a "Seniors Travel Package"...which included travel destinations that had alot of things that people over 60 would find interesting. Or a "Family Vacation" package, that included kid-friendly atmosphere like Disney.

Now, everyone settle down and be nice. Group hug anyone?*

--Tina

*We will, of course, be separated into "Gay friendly" and "Oh my god keep the scary homos away from me" groups, for your comfort.
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Travel is just that.. Travel, there is no gay travel, there is no straight travel..
    That's a good point.
    Originally posted by AH-Tina
    Did you even read that page? Its not a "gays only" thing...its marketing to a certain segment of the population. Its the same as if they had a "singles cruise" page...which advertised a cruise package geared towards single people. Or a "Seniors Travel Package"...which included travel destinations that had alot of things that people over 60 would find interesting.
    That's a better point. I didn't read that part either.
    Lesbian-friendly travel deals.
    Check out our special offers on Olivia vacations, popular destinations, and premier women's guesthouses.
    Hmmmm...

Ok. mind out of gutter ... mind out of gutter ...
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    Did you even read that page? Its not a "gays only" thing...its marketing to a certain segment of the population. Its the same as if they had a "singles cruise" page...which advertised a cruise package geared towards single people. Or a "Seniors Travel Package"...which included travel destinations that had alot of things that people over 60 would find interesting. Or a "Family Vacation" package, that included kid-friendly atmosphere like Disney.
    I totally agree with you, I guess the point I was trying to make is that currently gays are not treated/accepted by everyone as a "norm" like a Family is, like Singles are, or like Seniors are.. By creating this type of marketing ploy, they are furthering themselves into deeper segregation and fueling both the gay, and anti-gay communities.. Do you get what I mean? I'm a little tired and my minds straying..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

I guess the point I was trying to make is that currently gays are not treated/accepted by everyone as a "norm"
    Yes...those gays...trying to sneak in and act like normal people. Don't they remember what happened in the 1960s when black people tried that?

Oh yeah...eventually almost no one thought anything of it and life went on.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

^^ lmao, ... only because it's true

Edit: That was intended for the post prior to the one above.
      0 Not allowed!

I totally agree with you, I guess the point I was trying to make is that currently gays are not treated/accepted by everyone as a "norm" like a Family is, like Singles are, or like Seniors are.. By creating this type of marketing ploy, they are furthering themselves into deeper segregation and fueling both the gay, and anti-gay communities.. Do you get what I mean? I'm a little tired and my minds straying..
    Gay people are a minority, and in a lot of cases people are afraid to "come out of the closet" it's not like a race where you can just look at the person and say "oh they're gay". (in some cases this may be true). They are looking for some where to meet a partner, and this creates it. It's not like orbit is inventing gay travel.. they are just hoping on the train.
      0 Not allowed!

I smell a lot of money to be made on Gay AIR.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe for you only. It seems that.

Francisco is an Spanish name, and the english translation would be 'Frank'.

And for your knowledge, it is a very popular and regular name in Latin America, but maybe of course you have never been to Latin America.

I do not find your post relevant to this topic. It might sound offensive depending on how you read it.

If you posted that to insult me, you should get some nice warning points.

F
    I'm just rattling your cage, but the point driving it still stands. The claim that gay and lesbian lifestyles are founded by a mental disorder is highly offensive to any remotely educated person, and is nothing more then pure fiction (theres never been any evidence to substantiate that claim).
      0 Not allowed!

I think it's a mental dissorder but that's just me.
    The most ignorant and rude statement one could have said in regard of gay people. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but let's keep such to yourself please.

I agree with Myles. Its rather illiterate to come to such conclusions.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread just ought to be closed because there is no benefit in discussing it.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by J-P
    I smell a lot of money to be made on Gay AIR.
    ... and Glen to Glen Scottish Travel Agency.
      0 Not allowed!

Good for Orbit. I see nothing wrong with capitalizing off the gay community, unless of course you're a communist homophobe.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Artashes
    The most ignorant and rude statement one could have said in regard of gay people. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but let's keep such to yourself please.
    Artashes, I am not agreeing that it's a mental disorder (as someone said) but rather that it's caused by a problem with the persons genes. What would you call it?

I agree, I am against gay rights but nobody deserves this time of segregation . This is horrible.
      0 Not allowed!

I think this thread just ought to be closed because there is no benefit in discussing it.
    No "benefit" in many of the discussions here but I am encouraged by the quality and tone of posters in these forums when discussing "hot" topics.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lev
    Artashes, I am not agreeing that it's a mental disorder (as someone said) but rather that it's caused by a problem with the persons genes. What would you call it?
    I think I missed this news update. Are you trying to say that someone has brought forth factual scientific evidence to show that homosexuality is a result of a specific gene? Please do enlighten us.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lev
    I do not perceive my "genes" to be problematic at all. In fact I believe they are perfectly healthy and natural.

Originally posted by Lev
    I agree, I am against gay rights but nobody deserves this time of segregation . This is horrible.
    By saying that you are just confirming you are against providing equals rights to another human being. What makes you any more eligible to those rights as any other person regardless of their race, sexual orientation, gender, or affluence? I am not below you and equally am not above you - we were all made equal (albeit someone like yourself has obvious insecurities).
      0 Not allowed!

This is just capitalism at work. Orbitz has niche portals for many different types of travel. For example, if you like to ski they have ski.orbitz.com.

Regardless, If you're offended by a gay travel site ___ close your browser __ . If you can't figure out how to close your browser window, try shutting your computer off. If you can't manage that, get up from your computer and leave the room.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.
      0 Not allowed!

And for the record ... self-segregation really isn't horrible. It's horrible when it is imposed upon you.
      0 Not allowed!

Are you just stupid?
    Or were you F'ed by an idiot?
    (not trying to be too mean, but it was too easy.)

I have friends who are gay, nothing wrong with it, and I dont think they are "Segregating" people.

We dont have 'gay' water fountains, gays dont sit on the back of the bus, etc..
      0 Not allowed!

Bless you.
      0 Not allowed!

I think people are missing one vital point here. This is accomodations specifically marketed to a certain type of person, which is quite unlike senior travel discounts for example. Anyone is free to use (or alternatively, not use) these travel services, its not like they're going to perform a field homosexuality test on you or something.
      0 Not allowed!

I do not perceive my "genes" to be problematic at all. In fact I believe they are perfectly healthy and natural.
    It doesn't matter what you perceive, it only matters what science says. Right now however, it seems that science (or the official statement) does agree with you.

By saying that you are just confirming you are against providing equals rights to another human being. What makes you any more eligible to those rights as any other person regardless of their race, sexual orientation, gender, or affluence? I am not below you and equally am not above you - we were all made equal (albeit someone like yourself has obvious insecurities).
    I didn't quite get you? I just said that I am against segregation... Perhaps you are referring to the fact that I said I don't want gay rights? I still don't because you are just like the rest of us and don't deserve any special rights. There aren't any "straight" rights, so why should there be "gay" rights? I have other reasons but that's my main one.

Anyways, I was always quite sure it's a genetic disorder (oh wait, I think I found the way to call it), but it seems I was misinformed? I did some searches and apparently there is a hot debate on this (I always thought this was a settled issue). If this effects me any, it's in the opposite direction.

And for the record ... self-segregation really isn't horrible. It's horrible when it is imposed upon you.
    Absurd. So now gay people want to be segregated? Is that what you are saying?
      0 Not allowed!

Of course there are straight rights. There are things you can legally do that we cannot. Don't delude yourself.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    It doesn't matter what you perceive, it only matters what science says.
    Well, the perception of whether the genes are 'problematic' of science is in science's own view. It's not necesarily the view of everyone. I don't think that whatever scientists have to say rules the world.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lev
    Absurd. So now gay people want to be segregated? Is that what you are saying?
    In certain circumstances any group will choose to "segregate" themselves. It's not unique to the gay community - it's about surrounding yourself with people with similarities and common interests. For instance if you plan a private holiday with workmates etc, ...
      0 Not allowed!

Of course there are straight rights. There are things you can legally do that we cannot. Don't delude yourself.
    Such as? Marriage? You can do that, with the opposite sex. There is a definition for marriage and it is "The act of uniting a man and woman for life... " If you want something like marriage for gay people, call it something else, I'm fine with that, just keep the word marriage like it is. What other definitions are we changing that have existed for many thousands of years? Why change this one.

And go ahead, you said there are many so name some other rights.

Originally posted by CyanoX
    Reply to: It doesn't matter what you perceive, it only matters what science says.

Well, the perception of whether the genes are 'problematic' of science is in science's own view. It's not necesarily the view of everyone. I don't think that whatever scientists have to say rules the world.
    I think what scientist say should rule the world. It doesn't have to be the view of everyone, it's what it really is. If it's determined that homosexuality has something to do with genes, that it does and you can't claim otherwise when it was scientifically determined.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lev
    I think what scientist say should rule the world. It doesn't have to be the view of everyone, it's what it really is. If it's determined that homosexuality has something to do with genes, that it does and you can't claim otherwise when it was scientifically determined.
    Again, I ask. "when it was scientifically determined." when did this happen?
      0 Not allowed!

That's fine. But that does not mean you can skew science to suit your religious doctrine. Even if science proves it is in the genes that does not prove the genes are deformed, problematic, or "bad". That is someone manipulating science to suit their viewpoint.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Lev
    Such as? Marriage? You can do that, with the opposite sex. There is a definition for marriage and it is "The act of uniting a man and woman for life... " If you want something like marriage for gay people, call it something else, I'm fine with that, just keep the word marriage like it is. What other definitions are we changing that have existed for many thousands of years? Why change this one.
    That's your definition. And don't pretend we're discussing a word - it's the actual right to marry we're discussing, not the label assigned to it.

Originally posted by Lev
    And go ahead, you said there are many so name some other rights.
    I will when I'm in a position to write more freely - I'm at work and on limited time.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by porcupine
    Again, I ask. "when it was scientifically determined." when did this happen?
    Apparently, never. But that's not what I was saying, I'm however saying that if science says it's the way it is (by it, I mean anything, any issue), then that's just the way it is. As I understand it, CyanoX does not agree with that or is able to see a logical reason that others may have to disagree.

That's fine. But that does not mean you can skew science to suit your religious doctrine. Even if science proves it is in the genes that doesn't not prove the genes are defected, problematic, or "bad". That is someone manipulating science to suit their viewpoint.
    I was throwing some of my own opinion in there when I said defected, I personally think that since gay people are not even close to the majority, it's a defect. I am quite certain that if I were gay, I would still think the same way. It's not that I am against gay people, but I think that's not the way nature meant it to be.

That's your definition. And don't pretend we're discussing a word - it's the actual right to marry we're discussing, not the label assigned to it.
    I am not sure what you mean by this. That is the definition it has been for thousands of years. As for the right to marry, you have one, with a person of the opposite sex. The word marriage means with opposite sex (or it has traditionally meant), therefore you can't marry with someone of the same sex.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gay Travel powered by Orbit??

Originally posted by SeeServers
    Are you just stupid?
    Or were you F'ed by an idiot?
    Why do you have to insult people? The first two lines of your post gives the reader an idea about the coherance of your argumentation.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast