Thread: Server Loads

Server Loads

Can someone give me an idea of how many concurent clients the following server can handle with a 1mbps line burstable to 10

dell poweredge 1850
    -windows 2003 standard
    -ms sql 2000
    -3ghz 2mb cache
    -1 gb of ram
    -dual gig nics
    -raid 1, 73 gb drives

Do you mean TS clients? If so with only 1gb of ram and running SQL the answer is not many at all.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I do not know what TS clients means, if by terminal services, no. This will be running an asp.net website similar to ebay.

That will depend on how intensive the script is, the answer can vary from dozens to thousands. A load test will give you an accurate idea. These guys http://www.red-gate.com/dotnet/load_testing.htm have a trial version you can download.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

ok, thanks. I will give that a try