Thread: Virtual Destop.

Virtual Destop.

I need help / recomendation. I want to provide virtual destop. What I mean by this is host some application on one of my wondiw server and aalow clients using the application to login to the server via the internet.

I will have multiple users but I want each one of them to be able to see thier own application only.

Thank you for your help.

Your best bet would to have a Windows 2003 server and use terminal services. Each person would have their own login and get a separate windows desktop, etc. You can lock every single detail of the desktop down, include what apps they can use.

Keep in mind that many software vendors have different licensing rules in regards to ASP's (application service providers).

Here are some links that may be helpful.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/asp.htm
    http://www.aspnews.com/

It can be done with terminal server, setting up appropriate profiles and policies for each user. If you can afford it a much easier (and powerful) solution is to use Citrix, where you publish just the applications and assign them to the users. When they "log in" they are presented the applications they are allowed to run and thats it.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Thank you Trau & Svdorr for your help.

Your welcome. Let us know if you need any other assistance.