Name Whois privacy with Namecheap

Looking at Namecheap's whois privacy deal, first year is free, after that it's just under $3 I was wondering.

If I was to register anymore names with the same registrar, could I use the same whois privacy info used to register my first name with any I purchase afterwards, providing I always kept the first name registered with namecheap obviously.

Or does each name have to it's own purchased privacy package.

TIA

When you buy "Whois Protection," you can use it on 1 domain. Buy 2 whois protect...use on 2 different domains, ect...

You can later ENABLE and DISABLE as many times as you want but once used, they can't be used on a different domain.

It works like this for all registrars.

Ok thanks rootbug for that info

I was just trying to be a smart @ss or a namescheap then I guess lol

Actually the system generates a unique email ID ( for the email you have listed under their system to retrieve mails ) for that particular domain name and that will not work for any other domain
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

i think whois privacy should come free it doesnt make sense how a company can say pay us to not tell your infomation

Arr understood CSDesk thx

yes I dare say it won't be long dfilm when registrars will run out of ideas of attracting new business, and that offer will me the baited hook.

Still Namecheap's offer is a third of the price of godaddy's so that would buy you another 2 privacy deals I suppose free

I think it takes a little more resources to manage the layer of proxy over your contact information on file, so it's appropriate to charge something for it.
    With Namecheap you get the unit of Whoisguard service, and it's up to you to manually go into your account to apply it to your domain if you want to. Do this quickly before the on-file information gets into public whois display.
    The email address they generate and display will forward all email to the email address they have on file. If spammers harvest the displayed email address the spam will get forwarded. You have a user option to generate a new displayed address. This will make the previous ones non-functional. You also have a user option to periodically automatically generate new displayed email address. This can make these addresses non-functional faster than the spammers can harvest and try to use them. If the displayed address forwards a spam, it is not revealing your on-file address to the spammer, but do not reply to the spammer. That would put the real address into the spammer's hands.

Originally posted by dfilm
    i think whois privacy should come free it doesnt make sense how a company can say pay us to not tell your infomation
    The reason privacy costs money is because the company that offers privacy needs a staff of legal professionals that handle complaints and abuses of the system. And last time I checked, lawyers aren't cheap!

Also, it is ICANN that requires accurate contact info, not the registrar, so you need to complain to ICANN.