Has anyone seen "March of the Penguins"?

I was responsible for taking care of a 4 year old boy Sunday afternoon and I needed something to keep us busy for a couple of hours. I took him to Toys R Us to get him a toy (since his mom gave me a little bit of money for that purpose). Surprisingly he passed up all the toys I imagined that I would like at that age and he went straight for the Animal Planet section. He went nuts for all the plastic animals and knew them all by name. (Did anyone else know what crayfish was when they were 4 and lived in the suburbs? It surpised me at least.)

Anyway, I had known of "March of the Penguins" and thought that even though it's a documentary, perhaps he would get a kick out of it. I found it fascinating. It has incredible footage of lots of penguins waddling around, huddling together in almost unbearable circumstances, and birthing baby penguins. I imagine that the story behind what the filmmakers had to do to get this footage is almost as interesting as the subject itself.

Anyway, has anyone else seen this?

I'm embarassed to say i kinda wanna see it.

Maybe i will.

I really want to see it, It got great reviews and friends that I know saw it and loved it!

Originally posted by mikeylove
    I'm embarassed to say i kinda wanna see it.

Maybe i will.
    I will admit the movie has some overtones of cuteness, but the whole penguin ritual it shows is quite grueling and filled with death. And the footage is much more impressive than your average National Geographic documentary.

What's the movie rated? Isn't it G? Seems pretty wrong to show animals being murdered to children.

Yes, it's rated G. Most of the grueling part is the extreme cold and the long march the penguins make (70 miles plus) over and over and over during the winter. There are some scenes with predators, but they don't show much graphic carnage.

So, it's kinda like bambi, but not animated?

Pretty much. But it's all "natural" predators--no hunters with their thundersticks.

I've seen it twice in theatres. There were kids, and it seems OK for children. The footage is amazing, there are some 'sad' parts (they do show death, and some predators taking penguins, but it's not bloody, and it's overall pretty tame).

I REALLY liked the movie, for what it's worth.

........is there any talking?

i mean seriously, the commericials i watch on tv...they dont entice me at all, from what i gather, the movie is basically about penguins...and walking...
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

it's a very good movie. It makes me wonder why they walk 70+ miles to mate but yet they may not live though it.

Anyway i recommend going and seeing it.

I just saw the TV Commercial earlier. I might go check it out, the title got me interested
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Originally posted by Lord
    ........is there any talking?

i mean seriously, the commericials i watch on tv...they dont entice me at all, from what i gather, the movie is basically about penguins...and walking...
    It's narrated throughout by Morgan Freeman.