Thread: Java Secrecy?

Java Secrecy?

Hey i remember reading ages ago that Java gave away your real IP even when using Proxies with it, is this true? Thank You .

In what context? Via HTTP or what protocol? What is it you're trying to do that you want to hide your IP address via a proxy anyway?

In my network even if it did (it doesn't) it would tell the outside world that my IP is 192.168.1.100. I'd encourage you to trace that IP to me

Quote Originally Posted by stdunbar
    In my network even if it did (it doesn't) it would tell the outside world that my IP is 192.168.1.100. I'd encourage you to trace that IP to me
    I'd want to see someone try a DDoS attack on that

Unless... I've seen several people out there with cable modems plugged directly into there comp Public IP and all
    if($php !== $javascript){
    echo "Good it's not supposed to be";
    }

Yes but im talking about a java applet. In the java control panel i have used the proxy but it still says my Ip is my normal one and not the Proxy. Is there not a way that the Java can be completely anonymous through a proxy?

It would depend on the applet. The default security model for an applet lets it determine the current IP address. If I wrote an applet that then sent that over the proxy to some web address then yes, that would be giving away the IP address.

Is it possible to use some third party software to send the packets through a proxy?

define proxy?

I'm no java applet programmer... but I can tell you that unless your gateway/router proxies all traffic transparently through an all-in-one proxy.

So what I mean is that you are probably only going through a proxy on port 80
    if($php !== $javascript){
    echo "Good it's not supposed to be";
    }