1and1 vs godaddy

I am looking to get a windows shared hosting account and I am debating between 1and1's MS Developer account and Godaddy's Premium Plan. The main difference I see is Godaddy allows 200gb Bandwidth.

Any suggestions opinions? Or should I look at any other host that provides similar account and similar price range?

thanks

You should try searching this forum for GoDaddy reviews/comments. From what I've seen so far, you should go with 1and1.

I haven't heard of too many negative comments for 1and1 recently.

1&1 would seem the better option.

Best of luck.

1&1 no doubt about it

if you search for godaddy on this forum almost all threads will be negative about them. they are quite terrible.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

out of those two and the comments about godaddy i would recommend 1&1.

be careful though there support isn't met to be the best ...

and they do say hosted in the us and UK and germany , i know peole that where with 1&1 on a uk server to find out they where actually on a german server.
    E:magineHosts (Department Of E:magine Limited)
    emagine the possibilities
    Aaron - CTO, founder & Director Of Technical Support/Customer Support/Technology of E:magine Limited
    Windows,Linux, VPS Hosting environments

I have been using 1and1 for a couple months and they have great uptime..

Well, from the opinions I've heard it may be like choosing between getting hanged or shot.... but again, just opinions and who knows.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

seems like u should go with 1and1!

Would you hate me if I said say no to both of them?
    Try to search around here, godaddy doesnt have very good reviews, and I don't think 1and1 is much better. Could just be me though...

Originally posted by adb22791
    Would you hate me if I said say no to both of them?
    I'd say you are right. I wouldn't go with either, do you really need that much space/bandwidth? If not, go with someone for the same price, just less resources and save yourself the headache. The reviews for GoDaddy are super bad, and the reviews for 1and1 are pretty bad.

If you search the forums, you will find a lot of negative comments regarding godaddy's hosting service.

I have not had any experience with 1&1, and that is why I cannot recommend them. You can search the forums for reviews about them

Originally posted by Lev
    I'd say you are right. I wouldn't go with either, do you really need that much space/bandwidth? If not, go with someone for the same price, just less resources and save yourself the headache. The reviews for GoDaddy are super bad, and the reviews for 1and1 are pretty bad.
    I actually do need the bandwidth. I am looking at VPS and dedicated also because of bandwidth and also because VPS and dedicated I can install my own software. But the prices there can be quite high...

i actually heard that 1 and 1 are really good. my friend uses that host and said that he has had n trouble so far