Thread: Sky Diving?

Sky Diving?

Has anyone gone sky diving? I am thinking of going on this Monday.

What are the costs involved? I've never done it myself, always been curious though
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

I haven't done it yet Torith, I do plan on doing a tandem skydive with an instructor soon though, if you do it, be sure to let us know how it goes.
    - Jamie Harrop

Originally posted by CybexHost
    What are the costs involved? I've never done it myself, always been curious though
    Well for where I live it is costing me $165.00 for a 30 second free fall. I would be 9000 feet high when I jump.

Then there is another one that costs $195.00 for a 55 second free fall which is 10,000 feet high when I jump. Though I think I will stick with the 30 second free fall for now.

Either way, you'd reach the fastest free fall speed (terminal velocity) Should be fun
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

Originally posted by Equentity - Jamie
    I haven't done it yet Torith, I do plan on doing a tandem skydive with an instructor soon though, if you do it, be sure to let us know how it goes.

That is the one I am doing is the tandem sky diving. I will be going to Lost Prairie to jump! As well I am thinking of getting the video (costs $60.00 more), but I think it would be worth every cent.

I am going with the Sky Dive Lost Prairie company.
    http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/pages/tandems.htm

Do the 55 second one you won't be sorry! I have jumpped over 10 times, and it never gets old! Very very fun.. If you have a weak stomach/gut, I highly recommend going the bathroom first.. The very first time you feel the "Falling" expirence will be quite unique.. If your jumping tandem (which you should be your first time) your tandem buddy will make sure you go the bathroom first.. lol
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by Trifolic
    Do the 55 second one you won't be sorry! I have jumpped over 10 times, and it never gets old! Very very fun.. If you have a weak stomach/gut, I highly recommend going the bathroom first.. The very first time you feel the "Falling" expirence will be quite unique.. If your jumping tandem (which you should be your first time) your tandem buddy will make sure you go the bathroom first.. lol
    When you first jump did you get scared or anything of that nature? I am just worried I will be looking out the plane and my feet wont move .

Ive always wanted to try Sky diving, maybe sometimes in the future.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Originally posted by Torith
    When you first jump did you get scared or anything of that nature? I am just worried I will be looking out the plane and my feet wont move .
    Well before I went skydiving I have been Bungee Jumping, Parasailing, and Handgliding plenty of times, so I pretty much thought I knew what was coming, And when the time came, and we went, I was actually so filled with adreneline I didn't have time to be scared (however there was a bit of fear there)

You won't have a choice if your feet move or not, You're strapped to the guy, he jumps you follow, no choice there... At first you feel like your falling, for about 10-15 seconds, then you feel like your floating with a really big fan blowing on you, THATS the cool feeling, which is why I say go for the 55 seconds because the 30 will be done with in a snap.
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Re: Sky Diving?

Originally posted by Torith
    Has anyone gone sky diving? I am thinking of going on this Monday.
    I made a story for you.

Good old torith

is and

One day he is pretty so he thinks it would be to go

people think he's but he's ready

Monday comes along, he's read to go
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

He get the . He's a bit but he jumps

Torith is flying in the air

But then . . . plat:

then he wakes up and realizes it's only a
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

My uncle sky-dived once and he liked it, go for it, you only live onec =D

/me is almost certified. Just a few more jumps to go. It's one of the greatest andrenaline rushes you will ever experience in your life. Immensely better than bungy jumping, IMHO.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

I never did a tandem jump. In the early 1980's doing student jumps the old fashioned way I only got to 10 second delays. I think some of the tandem jumps use a miniature chute to slow your terminal velocity. That could be why the jump from 10,000 feet is 30 seconds longer than the jump from 9,000 feet. At a normal terminal velocity without a mini-chute it only takes about 5.5 seconds to fall 1,000 feet.

I went SkyDiving for my 18th birthday. Definitely one of the coolest experiences of my life. I'd do it again in a second.

I got a video done, you can check it out here: http://www.bradjasper.com/SkyDiving.mpg
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

The closet I would get to sky diving is going on Supreme Scream at Knotts Berry Farm

Seriously, Torith, I would go for the 9,000 ft 30 second jump, because it's probably real free fall. 10,000 in 60 seconds has to be free-fall lite with a mini-chute. You should ask them about that at the DZ.

Go for it... If i have a Chance to skydive I will defenitely go for it! But I never have a chance hehe..
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design