* pageviews confusion! help please

alright so i'm running a dedicated server hosting one site which is mine.
    i'm used to the cpanel and i'd always use awstats to check how many pageviews and other stats i have for daily, weekly, monthly.
    now i'm going through a bunch of ad agencies and all their trackers are off by alot. so i looked into it to be my end giving me the wrong info and i found a shocking numbers.
    i checked awstats all the time and for last month i had an average of 43k pageviews/day
    i look into analog stats and from what i see it says an average of 14k pageviews/day

the monthly totals for pageviews | hits are:

awstats: 1351817pageviews | 6243944 hits

analog:
    month: #reqs: #pages:
    --------: ---------: ------:
    Jul 2005: 101068177: 400122:

I'm really confused. I'd assume analog is supposed to be the accurate one, but i thought a ton of ppl trust awstats.
    Please help, i'm probably missing something.

It depends on what the program uses to define a pageview. Usually this is done by counting (in the log file) the number of requests that are for a .html, .php, .shtml, .php3 etc file, and ignoring the rest (.gif, .css, .jpg etc).

Maybe they use different lists for this? Then the result could possibly be a little off, depending on what you use on your site. Check the documenation.
    We do co-location and system management in Stockholm, Sweden. Unfortunately we cannot host you, but i'm sure you'll be ok.

Remember, the best backup in the world is the one you make yourself.

oh yeah thanks
    didnt think of that

i use a php system to generate the pages so that might be why, i'll look into the docs