Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I've kind of got a gaming center in my own house.

It's the kid's downstairs computer/school room actually. It's 7m x 4.2m and will have 2 desks built in down both sides with 6 PCs networked. I had a friend come visit yesterday, and he suggested some regular LAN parties for BF2. I'll see what the Minister for War and Finance (the Mrs) says!

But in the next year or 2, I would seriously like to investigate setting up a small cybercafe/game center. That's also something I could really get my teeth into.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

By the sounds of things WHT should start a game-center/internet cafe chain and have a bunch of users run them. I am suprised to hear how many are interested in starting one up.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

We've been looking into opening one here too.
    We should franchise.

Same here I've been thinking about it. I subscribed to the thread to watch it and finally decided to jump in.

Justin

Open on in Maryland! There are no gaming centers around me.

I'm in Northern KY and scoping out prime locations. I believe it's all about the location. You have to be where the kids are.

Justin

Originally posted by Lubby
    By the sounds of things WHT should start a game-center/internet cafe chain and have a bunch of users run them. I am suprised to hear how many are interested in starting one up.
    I'm not surprised. Let's face it, a LOT of webhosts are young (under 30) and have grown up on a steady diet of computers and video games. It's a natural fit for some of them to want to get into the game center business, and they can also run their hosting businesses from that location too, given the remote nature of the hosting business.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I'm not surprised. Let's face it, a LOT of webhosts are young (under 30) and have grown up on a steady diet of computers and video games. It's a natural fit for some of them to want to get into the game center business, and they can also run their hosting businesses from that location too, given the remote nature of the hosting business.
    Yes if you own a hosting business or a game hosting business it would work well with a game center I would believe.

I too am interested in something like this, I thought about it awhile ago when a building pretty close to the local school went vacant (apparently they didn't notice a competing drug store was less than a mile down the road...). Anyway, in this rural western PA town there's not much for kids to do after school.

I think this idea would work well here, I've subscribed to the thread!

EDIT: To those that have a gaming center already, what type of internet connection do you have? Do you allow your customers to surf/play games on the internet?
    Last edited by CArmstrong; 08-03-2005 at 11:08 PM.

For anyone here that has done this...what do you serve for food/drinks? Currently, we buy up soda from Sam's Club by the case and offer snacks such as candy bars and Doritos. We do order a pizza or two on the weekends for our family...and end up giving away most of it to the kids. I'm thinking of starting to order up a few extra pizzas and selling them by the slice...but not sure if we'd end up with cold extras.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    . . . I'm thinking of starting to order up a few extra pizzas and selling them by the slice...but not sure if we'd end up with cold extras.
    Cold leftover pizza makes for great breakfast.

I'm thinking of starting to order up a few extra pizzas and selling them by the slice...but not sure if we'd end up with cold extras.

--Tina
    Tina, don't you have teenagers at home? How could pizza EVER go to waste?
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

For anyone here that has done this...what do you serve for food/drinks? Currently, we buy up soda from Sam's Club by the case and offer snacks such as candy bars and Doritos. We do order a pizza or two on the weekends for our family...and end up giving away most of it to the kids. I'm thinking of starting to order up a few extra pizzas and selling them by the slice...but not sure if we'd end up with cold extras.

--Tina
    Not sure how it is like where you live, but when I was in high school pizza was the first thing to go out of stock. They sold each one for $1.25 if I remember right or was it $1.75... not sure. Though I think it would sell good if you got it at the right place and at the right price!

I was thinking $2.50 for a slice of pizza and a can of soda...and maybe a 1/2 hour of time. I bet those would sell nicely. I'll research it this weekend and report back.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina what is the place called in whitehall? Haha I was just up there.

Originally posted by P-nut
    Tina, don't you have teenagers at home? How could pizza EVER go to waste?
    My kids are so picky. One is a vegetarian and won't eat anything except cheese on his. The other hates every kind of pizza brand except one specialty pizza from a local place...and that's too expensive to buy for the gaming center. I'm thinking that giving the leftovers away would be bad business...since the kids would learn that all they have to do is sit back and wait for me to give it away.

Arghhhhhhhh...this is quickly becoming more effort than I originally anticipated.

--Tina

Originally posted by Mark L
    Tina what is the place called in whitehall? Haha I was just up there.
    White Lake Gaming Center - its right on the main drag (Colby Street). Our hours are (whoa) posted on the website...which I can't really give out here due to self-promotion issues. I'm sure you could easily figure it out though.

--Tina

Question for anyone actively using SmartLaunch - how hard would you say it is to initially configure? I'm looking at it and it seems pretty involved. I'm a bit terrified, actually. Anyone have any tips or words of encouragement???

--Tina

Tina nice website you have for it. Nice and simple!

Quote whitelakegamingcenter.com
    Woislkjf lkljk k lj lkjsadf oij ojosdijfoiej joiwe oij ojoijwe fwf joiewf - wow I can type very fast like this. Liwjo oj efjojeoijfoimimf jfeiojf oeijwf ije feowij foewijf oeijf woeifj weoif jowjfeiru nerifvn i ifnifenwfwef ioe oij oi joiwe owenm ow oij oi oime ow

Woislkjf lkljk k lj lkjsadf oij ojosdijfoiej joiwe oij ojoijwe fwf joiewf - wow I can type very fast like this. Liwjo oj efjojeoijfoimimf jfeiojf oeijwf ije feowij foewijf oeijf woeifj weoif jowjfeiru nerifvn i ifnifenwfwef ioe oij oi joiwe owenm ow oij oi oime ow

Originally posted by MStar
    She is becoming one with the young ones....

I am awake from 11 AM to past 2AM anyway, noon to midnight isn't that hard

Okay - I'll try to be there this Friday and Saturday. If any of you stop by, I'll be the one gimping around with a cane or rolling over kids in my wheelchair. Free time and cold pizza for any WHTer.

Constructive critisism welcomed...except for the obvious "get a bigger place!".

Aussie Bob - you should definitely talk her into letting you open up a gaming center. I think you'd do really well with it, given your personality. Plus, you can tell her she'd have so much extra free time because you'll take all the kids to work with you!

--Tina

Hey Tina how many staff do you have working for you? If you could of done something different if you re did it all what would you have done?

Originally posted by Torith
    Hey Tina how many staff do you have working for you? If you could of done something different if you re did it all what would you have done?
    Are you speaking of the gaming center? Its mainly my husband's shop (no staff), but I pop in and get all bossy at least once a week. My biggest gripe is that the place gets messy with all the kids running around...chairs get out of order, soda cans get left on the tables, tons of stuff gets left on the counter by the cash register, etc..

Order...I demand order!

I think I would have started out with a bigger place originally.

--Tina

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast