Thread: layeredtech -

layeredtech -

To layeredtech, Tom, Jeremy, Adam, Dillon, Scott, Kent and to all layeredtech techs that I have corresponded with.

I hate to say this, but this was a very stressful day(s) with layeredtech. I had agreed that my server be migrated from one DC to another as long as no downtime or minimal. Now, I chose an option that is pre-loaded server, as what they termed as little downtime.. at least 2hrs if i remember it right.

Now when it is time to change the DNS, i tested 1 domain first to make sure everything works fine. And it worked. So since I was given 5days to set up everything, which I did, I changed the DNS of the rest of the domains.

To cut the story short, accdg to one of the techs that there was a kernel panic that might caused the server to crashed. so far i have not used applications, most of these websites were purely domains no heavy stuff.

I've called up their billing to asked for assistance, that if its possible that they will check with their DC/techs to reply to my tickets. I just wanted them resolved.

You see, these guys really are great... that is why i donot want to say any offendng words ... in fact this is my first post with layeredtech on in... you see im not really used to posting forums because i want to see to it that i resolve my issues with them.

but .. im just so disappointed... im still wide awake now at 1:01am here...

i really hope layeredtech will be able to see this.

Change back your DNS to the old server and shoot a PM to LTADMIN here on this board. A kernel panic might be a hardware issue.

it was working this morning when i restarted named.
    then after 5hours, it is down again.

cannot access ftp,
    cannot access whm,
    cannot access ssh,
    cannot ping 'myserver1.domain.com'
    cannot ping domains

can ping dns1.domain.com
    can ping dn2.domain.com

how can i PM LTADMIN?

WHT is not a support forum. LT have thie own forums you can communicate via

rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

i'm sorry if i sounded like this was a support forum.
    but my only point is, i hope layeredtech will be able to notice my server.

and i hope layeredtech clients will be aware of that also.

I'm a new client at LT-Savvis and as happy as could be. Try calling them when they open, I normally get someone on the line when i call during buisness hours.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

Please find the link below for LT forum:

http://layer0.layeredtech.com/
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

datruesurfer, my situation is migration from theplanet DC-layeredtech to savvis DC-layeredtech.. my other layeredtech server-savvis DC doesn't have a problem. except that they mistakenly turn off my server due to customer request. because of that they gave me a free bandwidth 100GB.

anyways, goodluck datruesurfer. im just hoping these will all be ok.

Originally posted by king620
    datruesurfer, my situation is migration from theplanet DC-layeredtech to savvis DC-layeredtech.. my other layeredtech server-savvis DC doesn't have a problem. except that they mistakenly turn off my server due to customer request. because of that they gave me a free bandwidth 100GB.

anyways, goodluck datruesurfer. im just hoping these will all be ok.
    Yes, I know that LT is pulling servers out of ThePlanet and gathered that you were affected

Good luck to you too.
    Regards,
    datruesurfer

Originally posted by vaserv
    WHT is not a support forum. LT have thie own forums you can communicate via
    True. Sorry for a bad suggestion.

Originally posted by king620
    it was working this morning when i restarted named.
    then after 5hours, it is down again.

cannot access ftp,
    cannot access whm,
    cannot access ssh,
    cannot ping 'myserver1.domain.com'
    cannot ping domains

can ping dns1.domain.com
    can ping dn2.domain.com

how can i PM LTADMIN?
    I had this same issue with one of my cpanel servers. I wond up having to reinstall bind , then I did a force update through the cpanel scripts. I had to run the update twice, but after that it worked. Do a search at the cpanel forums and you may find more info on how to solve your problem.

hoststylez, i'll try to suggest that later. but for the meantime, layeredtech offered a complete hardware test for my server. it goes offline every now and then...

anyways, i'll update this forum as soon as everything looks ok.