burstnet vs savvis

I'm looking at two servers at the moment, and while I fully realize that this is asking compairison of apples and oranges, which of these would you pick for general hosting of about 40 domains with moderate php and sql usage?

Option 1:
    P4 2.4 ghz
    512 mb ram
    80 gb hd
    located in Burstnet

Option 2:
    Amd 3000+
    1 gb ram
    80 gb hd
    located in Savvis

The price of these two machines is virtually identical.
    www.Phsynet.com
    Phsynet Hosting Solutions || Personable, Professional hosting and design.
    AIM: Phsynet
    Email: [email protected]

Option 2, assuming it is with LayeredTech. If you would, please reference the actual provider of the server. Savvis is a global Tier 1 carrier with DC's all over the place. LayeredTech and Savvis are not the same thing as LayeredTech is just in a single Savvis DC and uses Savvis bandwidth.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

assuming it is with LayeredTech
    so you're saying other providers using savvis aren't proper?

assuming server #2 is with a decent provider, I'd go with them, regardless of weather it's at layeredtech or not.

Originally posted by omaha.stylee
    so you're saying other providers using savvis aren't proper?

assuming server #2 is with a decent provider, I'd go with them, regardless of weather it's at layeredtech or not.
    I think he's just stating that because a lot of people who aren't savvy with all the mumbo jumbo tend to say Savvis rather then LayeredTech.

Savvis is a bandwidth provider not a server provider..

LayeredTech is a server provider that uses Savvis like many others do..

When Layered Tech has several million dollars at it's disposal you can put them in the same league as Savvis..

Do you want a managed or unmanaged server? If you want an unmanaged, cheaper server, go with LayeredTech. If you want a semi-managed server, go with BurstNet/Nocster.

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    Savvis is a bandwidth provider not a server provider..

LayeredTech is a server provider that uses Savvis like many others do..

When Layered Tech has several million dollars at it's disposal you can put them in the same league as Savvis..
    Savvis offers managed dedicated servers at it's St. Louis facility, though they target enterprise customers so it's priced accordingly. When we last inquired about some Sun servers there about a year ago it was a few thousand dollars/month per server, but we were pricing out some pretty upscale hardware at the time.

Given that Savvis narrowly avoided being delisted by NASDAQ last week because of a long period of trading below $1 and has what many would consider a crushing debt load, I don't think being in the same financial league as Savvis would be anything to be particularly proud of.

Our prices/plans are not written in stone, and we are well known for working out custom quotes and solutions.

If you have specifications that are not exactly offer on our website, do not hesitate to contact us for assistance with a custom quote.