Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertising

Advertising

I'm not a cheap skates but i have to ask this question to you.

Where can i get cheap advertising? banners, buttons, skyscrapers, text.

I dont have a limit really but i would like to know some cheap and effective packages.

Hi,

You should find this kind of advertisement in "Advertising Forums" > "Related Offers and Requests ".

:-D didnt see that

Advertising Offers and Requests:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...hp?forumid=106

Relatively new forum that split "Other Offers and Requests".
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

As everyone says, just pop a thread there asking for offers and I am sure you will get a good amount of them
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

well i'm lloking to pay tops $25 per month at the moment but its all about the stats on the site.

You can adopt a highway (basically you clean up a section every few weeks), and you'll get a sign in the area you adopted.
    I'll Host It webhosting and file hosting service.

I dont quite understand.

I would suggest you have atleast $10,000 for advertising purposes if you like to start web hosting company

Originally posted by thesimpsonsjohn
    well i'm lloking to pay tops $25 per month at the moment but its all about the stats on the site.

Originally posted by steven-v
    I would suggest you have atleast $10,000 for advertising purposes if you like to start web hosting company
    With $10k you could probably buy a small hosting business and get a hundred customers.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

11. I would say start with some PPC services.
    http://www.bluewirehosting.net
    Empowering the WEB
    Hosting, Email Hosting, Reseller Hosting -> We have it all.

I looked at Google Adwords, can you recommend some more?

For $25/month you better sign-up with Netflix to rent DVD's, it definitely won't get you far (or anywhere) to advertise with.

Advertising using banners won't get you far, the best way to get a good customer base is aim at your local market - this is much easier to acquire customers, and they are "better" customers than you get via advertising. You can spend $1000s on advertising and not gain a single customer...
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

I'd put the effort into a good affiliate script. Advertising campaigns are break even at best in my opinion.

So what do you mean advertise at my local market, i have run off some posters to advertise in local businesses and sent some letters out. What other local work should i do?

Originally posted by steven-v
    Not too many of people starting up will have a 10K advertising budget, Established hosts maybe so, Check the Advertising offers and requests, Certainly don't dive in the deep end and spend too much on advertising to start with.
    Regards,

^ i agree, if i had 10K i would need a host with all due respect :-)

Disagree.....

Most people take out a loan, or invest a lot of capital into starting a business, now I know this doesn't seem to be the case in this industry, but most people also don't seem to realise that it takes money to make money. In a market where the product is inevitably the same it's all about the marketing and this is where your costs should be centred around. $25 is a joke, you're better off burning the money (less hassle). Minimum you should start with is $500.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Thats true also. I do have some funds but i didnt set them aside.

cheap ads will get cheap results

Submitting to every free webhosting directory on earth helps some. I get about 1-3 signups a month where the person said they found us in a web directory. So the payoff is probably $500-$1500 per year for investing 8 hours of your time once every couple of years.

I've always been a fan of link exchanges. I do a search for a market that I would find customers in by searching in some search engine (ie. create a website). The people that are using this type of search term are most likely new.

I then offer link exchanges with the webmasters of the sites that come up.

It doesn't get me a ton of sign-ups but our stats show that we are getting traffic from these sites which is the point. From here we just let our site do the talking (conversions).

Just an idea.
    How To Make A Website - Website Tutorials
    Cheap Domains - Domain Name Registration

Thats a great idea acctully, how many sign-ups have you got from this method. The best thing about this, is when the new site gets bigger and gets more hits your still getting linked too :-)

Originally posted by thesimpsonsjohn
    Thats a great idea acctully, how many sign-ups have you got from this method. The best thing about this, is when the new site gets bigger and gets more hits your still getting linked too :-)
    I've found to be the case that site owners will remove exchanged links on a whim, especially if their site gets larger.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast