Question Powweb vs. ************ vs Fluidhosting

I've been perusing the boards for a few hours and I think I notice the least bad comments about these three....

They appeal to me because:

- they all offer addon domains
    - Powweb and ************ have online chat help
    - monthly prices under 20.00

So, if these three hosts were put in a cage and forced to fight to the death, which one would emerge victorious?

(Or....just which one would you pick if you had to?)

They'd all end up worn out, I believe. You might want to do a search for those. I can guarantee that two of the ones that you've got have negative reviews here, and not just one or two. I would recommend that you broaden your horizon, as well.

EDIT: Let me clarify. Your budget is great, your hosting selection leave a lot to be desired, to be honest.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

I would say keep looking, one of them is offering Unlimited Bandwidth/Transfer. Always a no no, then one of them wants a $30 setup fee (not many still charge a setup fee for a virtual account). Then the last one's prices seems a little high for what they are offering, I am sure there is plenty of hosts here that are better and offer addon domains. Just my 2 though.

nullnic

Wow...looks like I haven't done as good job as I thought I did....

(admits she's a sucky peruser)

It just seems like so many hosts are being mentioned here....can't seem to pull them all together and come up with a selected few....

Perhaps I'm not trying hard enough....

Until last weekend I had my personal site hosted on PowWeb. While the rates are good and they offer fantastic features, there have been considerable issues. First, their pre-installed webmail can't maintain a session at all. You can log in and go to the first page, then click a link and you are logged out. Happens consistently. Also, the servers tend to go down more often than at other hosts, and the DB servers tend to be s-l-o-w.

I hosted there for a little over a year and I can say that for a personal site, they are good. If you plan to run a business, though, go with a place like Bliksem Hosting. I just started a reseller account there last weekend and the service is fast, friendly and of the highest quality. The price is a bit higher, but the added quality is worth it. My sites are killer fast.

htmlneophytea,

If you would post what exactly you are looking for, maybe WHT members can recommend web hosts that are right for you

Best of luck with your search.

EDIT: Let me clarify. Your budget is great, your hosting selection leave a lot to be desired, to be honest.
    I am not sure if that comment is directed towards us. I have yet to see a negative review about us in this forum. Actually, afer 3.5 years of offering hosting services, I believe our reputation is still clean almost everywhere

Then the last one's prices seems a little high for what they are offering
    That's perhaps the reason that our clients are very satisfied with us. Not everybody is looking for cheap hosting. Most are still looking for reliable and stable hosting. And for the budget the person mentioned, I am not sure why you think there will be problem with our pricing.

Powweb and ************ have online chat help
    I just want to clarify. We too offer online support through IRC, as well as phone and email support. For more information, please see http://www.fluidhosting.com/support/ .

Best wishes with your search. You have come to the right place. Welcome, btw
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Originally posted by FHDave

That's perhaps the reason that our clients are very satisfied with us. Not everybody is looking for cheap hosting. Most are still looking for reliable and stable hosting. And for the budget the person mentioned, I am not sure why you think there will be problem with our pricing.
    This was my personal opinion, not bashing your business nor your service (that is why I did not mention the names as I was going through my opinion, was just naming them off). Sorry if you took offense to it.

nullnic

I'm a simple gal really....

Just tinkering in web design and such, but really getting into it the more I learn....

So I guess I'm just looking for a host for my personal site, while hosting other sites I work on for other people. The sites will probably end up being graphic heavy and the ability to download quicktimes or wav movies in a reasonable time would be dandy.

Please oh all-knowing WHT members...show me the way.....

Originally posted by nullnic
    This was my personal opinion, not bashing your business nor your service (that is why I did not mention the names as I was going through my opinion, was just naming them off). Sorry if you took offense to it.

nullnic
    I don't think you were bashing us. It's just your comment does not actually help since the original poster clearly is not looking for cheap hosting.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Dave, it's not directed to you.

Whomever said that one host's prices were too high needs to remember that there's a few of us host types that do NOT compete on prices.

I refuse to. I compete on accessibility and customer service. (I am NOT promoting my own stuff here, never have, never will, in terms of hosting. Why? Because too many people here want CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP).

Anyways... htmlneophytea (nice nick, by the way, lol), if you want a recommendation from me (personal, not as a WHT mod), I'd recommend something like www.CartikaHosting.com or www.CharlottezWeb.com. I'm friends with both and have referred several friends and family to both. And yes, I've got experience with both, as well.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

I highly recommend Fluidhosting -- you will not be disappointed. I've been with them since june 2003. Not only have I had a great experience with Dave and his team, I've yet to hear anyone who's been unhappy with them in that time.

Cheers,
    Richard Park

Hey

Welcome to the forums, powweb have alot of negative feed back around. Dont be fooled by there multi million dollar advertiseing plan.

Fluid is probably the best on the list. You hear some good things about them.

Anyway best of luck.

Thanks for your input and the warm welcome guys! (and congrats on your wedding plans Douglas...you know it's about damn time! )

Yes, I think I've made my decision and now just waiting on the go-ahead from the other person I plan to make a site for.

In the meantime I think I'll just hang around for awhile and read your oh so informative posts here. Man you guys have a lot of information and such....I hope I can someday get my poor little brain up to speed.

powweb is very popular.

I've been with fluidhosting for 8 months now and have to recommend them, definitely the best of that list. If you're willing to go up to $20, though, take a look at Pair.com and FutureQuest.net as well. Those two have always been highly toughted as top-notch in the shared category.

Best of luck,
    Trip

In my opinion, Powweb are very good but wait for their promotion to come out again since it has just stopped. You can monitor it here - www.websiteagent.info. The promotion usually gives you 6 months free with 1 year registration plus $5 off your bill amongst the other benefits. Well I should not be promoting a competitor...but anyway, hope I helped
    QueenPlans
    ----------------
    www.QueenPlans.com - SALE on Domains & Website Hosting - Get More for Less!