Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs down What is up with 24Hostingow.com?

My forums have been down ALL day. I get a phpBB critical error (cannot connect to database). My homepage works fine. I've been emailing them all day without a response. Anyone knwo what the heck is going on here? This is NOT acceptable!

What's the error say? It might just be a database messup on your end.

Edit: Have you checked if your database for phpBB is still intact?

Do you have a static IP for your website or is it on Virtual Hosting? If static give us the IP... Regardless with even virtual hosting we could run a ping/tracert for starters .. If you have your MYSQL DB's ip addy or location that would help as well ...

Ryan
    Hosting Community - Opened August 1st 2005 !!

(cannot connect to database)
    Either the Sql server is down or your settings have changed. Try going through your config.php and make sure everything is right. Then check yourdomain.com/cpanel and see if the sql server is on line via the server status.

If not contact your host and explain the situation.

I cant get into my account panel at all, just my home page works. I cant even update my homepage with a message to let people know about the problem...I upload an updated page, and it stays the same.

THey havent answered one email at all.

Originally posted by shibby
    I upload an updated page, and it stays the same.

THey havent answered one email at all.
    Sounds like it could be a DNS issue of some sort, are you running everything based on numerical ip's or domain names? If numerical IP's than it is something else.. If domain names, I would put a guess as to DNS Server problems.

How many DNS servers do they have.. and have you changed your personal settins to their DNS server to see if you can connect to the web and resolve sites properly ?

<<Signature needs to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-01-2005 at 11:10 PM.

Looks like there site has gone offline also. *edit* no it is not, i just typed the wrong name.

Im not sure there is much you can do if you cannot get into your control panel and there is no support available. How long have they been down?

Try makeing a note of it and try and get some kind of a refund.When they do decide to come back online.

sorry to hear about this shibby i can understand your frustration.

Their website works fine with no errors.

Maybe it is just an error on your end, have you checked your configuration file to make sure all information is entered correctly?

Best of luck

I got an email from them a little time ago, this is what it said:

We are pleased to inform you that all servers have been transfered to the new
    Data Center.

Resellers having their own nameservers must change their nameservers IPs ASAP as
    suggested last week with their new IPs.

Please report if there are any problems regarding your site to our support
    department.

We thank you for your understanding. We beleive that this step to move our
    servers will significantly improve our service to our clients.

Now, I remember getting an email a week or two ago talking about a 'move', but they also said there would be little to no downtime at all. Its been close to 24 hours now.

Im not computer-savy at all, so what exactly are they saying above? How do I know if Im a 'reseller' or not?

I cant believe this, we're going on a day and a half now. Wow, this is terrible.

This is the worst support ive ever seen from a company. absolutely no help at all now almost 2 days later.

I think its now time to start searching for a new host.

Definitely, but now I cant even get any of my files or a backup of my database.
    Last edited by SupaDucta; 08-08-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Re: What is up with 24Hostingow.com?

Originally posted by shibby
    My forums have been down ALL day..... My homepage works fine.
    You are lucky enough

I have started to look around, for my client

Input your Domain name at http://dnsreport.com/

Any Table cells with a RED background colour are problem areas. Might help you to figure out what is wrong or, at least be able to tell your Hoster where the problems are.

You know you are a Reseller if you have two control panels, or can create Hosting packages for others. Does sound like a communication problem and, if they don't update Clients on what's going on or reply to eMails, the communication problem is not on the Client's part.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Nothing works now. My homepage stopped working also shortly after, so both have been down for 2 days now.

I did that Rob, and got this:

NS FAIL NS A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled. .

Ok, definitely sounds like there was a screw up, either in the Server transfer of files and/or DNS setup on the new Server.

As it's best to have a working site, even if not all information is there, you should get a new Hoster ASAP.

BTW, which is correct:
    24Hostingow.com or 24Hostingnow.com - first one doesn't work, second one does.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

I received a message on their Perl site from 24hostingnow.com yesterday, 24 hours after (helpfully) complaining to them about problems similar to yours. They claim that this is the result of problems with the server move. I'd reprint it, but their Perl site appears to be currently down. I'm afraid that since moving their customer service/tech to India, it has been quite awful. Last week (before the server move) I was unable to receive any emails for a couple of days and (as a non-techie) pretty much had to sit in front of my computer for two days and handhold a borderline insulting tech staff who repeatedly refused to believe a problem actually existed. When they finally got around to "fixing" it, they managed to duplicate about 500 of my web emails (and not consecutively!), which are going to be a pain in the *** to remove (as I don't trust them to do it). After repeated (and I do mean repeated) requests and a complaint to the CEO, I was given 50 gb more disc sapce to help with the slowness caused by the extra emails. If I hadn't complained to the CEO, I'm sure nothing would ever have been fixed.

I, too am looking for other options for hosting, but there's not much I can do about moving my webmail if I can't even access their site...

I might also add that all emails to my domain are bouncing back to the senders without adequate information, which is also going to make my life Hell. And during those brief times when I can access my webmail, I've noticed that certain emails have gone missing. Don't know if those will be coming back.

Also, early in this problem, I found I could get different levels of access to my webmail by using different browsers. Safari gave me access to emails I couldn't receive through Explorer, though could not retrieve the missing emails. Haven't checked recently to see if this is still the case.

And when I attempt to connect to their PerlDesk, I now get this message:

Fatal Installation Error
    _
    Sorry, PerlDesk was unable to establish a connection with the database. Please check that you have set the variables in the conf.cgi file correctly
    include/conf.cgi - Unable to establish database connection
    Possible Causes

* Invalid Database Name/Username/Password Specified
    * Database Fields not entered in configuration file
    * Database is not running

I'm also suffering with 24hostingnow.com
    Since the server move my sites have been down more that up and e-mail hasn't worked for two and a half days !!!!

Their own site is repeatedly down and when I did manage to log a support ticket I get told the problem is "resolved" when it very obviously is not

Come on 24hostingnow get your act together!

Same Here!

Some of my sites are up, some are not. cPanel somewhat works and WHM has everything screwy. None of the size numbers are correct, they all read zero size and some sites just arent plain listed. I've done my best to get ahold of them.....I'm waiting one more day before I do anything drastic. I would just love some communication!

Dale
    WeavWeb.net

Lucky man. I can't connect to my mail, page, CPanel or Support. But it looks like my emails aren't bouncing back anymore. Perhaps just disappearing? What a nightmare.

Here's a question: is it possible to move one's webmail to another server without having access to it? I need my damn email.

If you still have e-mail on the old server that you need its still up.
    You can accessi it at 216.67.235.162/webmail and use your login
    Don't know how long for though

Hmmmm. My address and password don't seem to work. Would this be my webmail password or my CPanel password? Not that either of them appear to get the page up...

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast