search engine submision

i have my site done. where can i submit my site to. so far i have done google and MSN.

I cant find the pages on others like DMOZ and such to add my url. Plz post some links for me.

Thank u!

The ones you mentions - you will have to actually go to the index's where the ads are posted then you will see 'add your site'

Seattle, WA
    Site submission is not the way to get listed in search engines. In order to get ranked well for competitive terms, you'll need to have a lot of links to your website from other important websites.

SEs often take many months to list sites they find only through submission, as they generally consider these less valuable or relevant. Think about how you can promote your site so other sites with similiar subjects will give you good links.
    Several good tools for SEO | My SEO Blog

Combining organic search engine submission with Pay Per Click

When a new site is launched it will usually take time for the engines to crawl the site properly, specifically when your dealing with a lot of number of pages.

I always recommend a steady rise in the search engines rather than quick fire short term approaches. Overall Longevity in the search engine results must be the aim.

Combining organic search engine submission with Pay Per Click services to start gaining initial targeted search engine traffic is an option, until the natural rankings kick in. Itís always important to strike a right balance between organic and PPC traffic.

Northern VA
    Good luck getting into DMOZ. It's almost impossible these days.

Stay away from just linking to and receiving links from anybody you find. Links from links pages just don't work. Work on getting natural links from people in original content or it's almost a wasted of time.
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site