decide on which VPS

Hi all.
    I run a service to make internet surveys.
    Every participant receives an invitation e-mail which is customized and confidential - not spam - all my participants allow me to send them these invitations.

Sometimes I have peaks - I have to send 3000 e-mails within one hour.

I was hosted as a reseller but they are limiting the # of e-mails per hour (only to 300/h).

So, Now I guess I'll have to move in the chain twords the source.

I checked several threads in this forum and got the idea that I should choose ev1 or servint.

I am a bit upset with the idea that I'll have the responsibility of taking care of security issues - I don't know if I'll have enough knowledge to protect myself against bots attacks, or whatever, without a good guidance for I have no previous experience with VPS (only used to manage a reseller account control pannel).

I would like to know wich provider should I use (one of these two or other).

Other issue that bothers me is that I used to be hosted in a place that was quite fast. Does anybody know how fast and reliable are the connections of these two providers or of other one as good or better as these seem to be?

my budget is around those 50 US /mo

regards to everyone and thanks for your replies

Other issue that bothers me is that I used to be hosted in a place that was quite fast. Does anybody know how fast and reliable are the connections of these two providers or of other one as good or better as these seem to be?
    Powervps and a2b2 could probably do you better for less. I have used both and service is very good. Send them an email and ask
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Hi!
    Yes...this is one thing you'll have to ask each host their email policy and make sure before you spend dime one they fully understand exactly what you need beforehand.

I've never used powervps..but I do use a2b2 and are quite pleased with them.

Bryon

Any good vps provider shoud lend a hand on setting up good security and also reg Red Hat so updates are done automatically. Also if you are not spaming you should not have any issues but to be safe be totaly up front with the host or data center on what you are emailing and send them a copy of the emails sent out so there is no confusion on what you are doing. If you run qmail in your vps you should have no problem pushing 3000 emails out of the server an hour.

Hope this helps!
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

Go with www.a2b2.com they are great.

I've heard LiquidWeb are good also.

How does a company run there services out of a forum? :|

Originally posted by JLevine
    How does that differ from a flat text site? I like the forum because most hosts only allow access AFTER you have an account.

You'd be right with Rus (a2b2). He's one of the best VPS hosts around.

It can run them very well I would say. At least we have examples of companies that did and do so.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-06-2005 at 08:33 PM.

These 2 companies will definatly work:

Steadfast Networks, which has a wider range of VPS plans than LiquidWeb

Good luck,

Hi all.
    Thanks for your inputs.

I did not post here previously because I wanted to have a user opinion.

After lots of e-mails to these companies and search in this and other forums, I decided for Servint.

Now I have them for two weeks. And I am very happy.
    I found that having a VPS and running a WHM is not complicated at all.

They are quite helpfull when I need help.

In the future, I'll need a windows VPS. I just hope to find some other company as good as this one is looking like, at this moment. And, if possible, in europe.

Again, thanks to all.

In a few months, I'll try to remember to come here and post my servint satisfaction review again.

Dinis, you couldn't have made a beter choice! I am myself with Servint and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I'll see you on the Servint forums, if you can PM me your username.

Cheers!
    Revo.in :: MyRevo.com
    Revolutionary Web Host, Programmer & Web Consultant
    Our Priorities - Client Satisfaction :: Quality Service :: Creative Growth ::

Rus at a2b2 really knows his stuff, the reviews for PowerVPS are good, and ServInt has had a great reputation for a long time now. I do not think you can go wrong with any of them.

dinis,

Good job in researching and selecting ServInt. We had a VPS with them for a few months but had to upgrade to a dedicated since we outgrew a VPS.

Hopefully you can post a review of ServInt.net in a few months.

Which control panel did you choose? We went with DirectAdmin.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?