ablus.net steal my credit card

first , I ma sory for my bad English,

I have order webhosting for a month $15.95

but when I check my banking account

i have got another charge from ablus for $120 ?

my card is new and that was the first use ..

ablus told me ( somebody just got your credit card info and opened a fraud account )

whos can steal it ? your staff or your servers was not secure.

I will cancel my account from Fblus
    Last edited by kmh465; 08-01-2005 at 08:05 PM.

You mean aplus.net ? They have a horrible rep over here.

Thats a pretty odd situation, hope you get your money back fast.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Contact your credit card company and have them do a chargeback on the fraudulent charge, also, cancel the card and have them issue a new card.

I'm going to second a chargeback. Normally, that wouldn't be my first advocatable step, HOWEVER, given that I've got personal experience of dealing with those hairbrained twits on behalf of one of my customers, I have NO issues advocating a chargeback.

They charged my customer $150 three months in a row, two charges each month. My customer charged all six transactions back. Ended up costing APlus $150 just for the six chargebacks, plus a loss of $450 income. All because they didn't terminate the service of my customer, DESPITE him following proper protocol. His CC company ended up blacklisting APlus for all their customers due to repeated abuse by APlus.

Nope, not a good track record for them at all...
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

sorry I mean

aplus.net
    Last edited by kmh465; 08-02-2005 at 10:07 AM.

Are you sure it was "stolen"? Because if it was, you'd be getting charges from places other than that company. Sounds like they're just charging a lot and hoping that one of the people will be the kind who doesn't read credit card bills.

if you can, can you tell us did you got your money back and what did the bank told you?

just curious.
    Support@TranWeBHost.com
    TranWebHost.com - Under Construction

huh..curious.. it could not be there mistake.. do you remember there was massive hacking in credit card company.. like this month i cut 3 people who tried to use stole credit card.

I have cancel my host
    and I just wait 3 days to back money
    then I will talk the credit card company

Originally posted by Douglas
    I'm going to second a chargeback. Normally, that wouldn't be my first advocatable step, HOWEVER, given that I've got personal experience of dealing with those hairbrained twits on behalf of one of my customers, I have NO issues advocating a chargeback.

They charged my customer $150 three months in a row, two charges each month. My customer charged all six transactions back. Ended up costing APlus $150 just for the six chargebacks, plus a loss of $450 income. All because they didn't terminate the service of my customer, DESPITE him following proper protocol. His CC company ended up blacklisting APlus for all their customers due to repeated abuse by APlus.

Nope, not a good track record for them at all...
    Right, and this is not the first a+ story of this type I read either....
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Originally posted by Lexa
    Are you sure it was "stolen"? Because if it was, you'd be getting charges from places other than that company. Sounds like they're just charging a lot and hoping that one of the people will be the kind who doesn't read credit card bills.
    that is a huge assumption to make. its not unusual for a card to get stolen and used in one place, based on my expierence dealing with people that have had their cards used without their permission. I had a thread a while back, lady did not sign up with me but somebody used her card, but she had no other charges.
    Kevin

Definitely contact your credit card company and get your money back. Within this past week I have been spammed by three companies that are hosted by aplus.net as well as been called twice by aplus.net for services! I told them they needed to fire their marketing department since they are calling another individual that does the exact same thing