Reseller Confusion

I have been searching in google about a resellers, and how it works. But I can't find a website that would actually explain it.

Then I found this forum, which I find it useful.

My question is, how do you indicate which resellers account is right for you?

How can you analyze the correct amount of webspace and bandwidth to host the of users/clients in your resellers account?

How can you analyze the correct amount of users that will fit in your resellers account?

For example, if I get...
    1000MB of WebSpace
    10GB of Bandwidth

How many users/clients will I be hosting? I know there will be upgrades if I grow. How can you calculate it? Does your resellers account share those webspace and bandwidth with your users/clients? Im total confused! I hope someone can give me a straight forward answer!

Thanks!
    Last edited by .vbasic; 08-01-2005 at 06:32 PM.

well.. normally i use packages of 100 and 250 mb aprox... some guys want 500 mb but no much.

I say they 10 gb traffic for 100 mb space.

Good luck.

But how do you know what the limit is to your hosting?

Tip 1) NO USE OVERSELLING. Only use existent resources.
    2) CHoose CPANEL for begin as control panel.
    3) Sign with a reputable. I suggest you hoststock.com or bright-byte.com, flee of the cheap ones.

Your clients all share the same resources under your reseller account.

Check the stats for your existing sites to determine how much resources you need then allow for growth.

All reseller plans can be upgraded to the next level at anytime

Hope this helps

HOSTPac Web Solutions
    Solid reliable Hosting - Lowest priced Domains - cPanel Multiple Domain Hosting
    Now offering space on Australian based servers!
    Put the Big Koala on your team

If ur a beginner I suggest choose one reseller hosting provider that can offer an autobilling solution like whmap, clientexec or modernbill.

It will be perfect for beginning and choose a small package!

Originally posted by Extreme75
    If ur a beginner I suggest choose one reseller hosting provider that can offer an autobilling solution like whmap, clientexec or modernbill.

It will be perfect for beginning and choose a small package!
    I can't see why autobilling should come into the equation when selecting a host but I respect your opinion. We all have one
    HOSTPac Web Solutions
    Solid reliable Hosting - Lowest priced Domains - cPanel Multiple Domain Hosting
    Now offering space on Australian based servers!
    Put the Big Koala on your team

The most flexible type of account is the reseller account where you can create your own packages and pricing. Whether it is the best for you is another story, and I think is dependent on your skills, experience, and your goals in this industry.

With regards to resource usage, you obviously have to accept that you can not 100% accurately determine resource usage for each client. We have some long term clients who have used less that 1meg space and less that 500Meg transfer each month, and some who have been with a month and use 2Gb+ space. It's a variable you cannot control, but you can manage. Obviously with experience you determine a rough estimate of what average usage for your clients will be, but you need enough clients to make it statistically significant....and essentially a few clients on a reseller account is generally not enough for this purpose. Just make sure that you have a reseller hosting company who are not overselling the server themselves(ask them), and make sure that you will have plenty of room to upgrade if you company grows and/or your clients use more resources than expected.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

Good read Professor.

After checking your sig - EasyStorm.com, what is the "unlimited domain" offer in each package? You could host domains as well?

No exist something similar to unlimited bandwidth... be away of that providers.

overselling overselling oversellling yehaw here we come um well dont sell more than you have total allocated for sure and dont set the server for its grave either
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

About speeddrives.com?

Originally posted by .vbasic
    Good read Professor.

After checking your sig - EasyStorm.com, what is the "unlimited domain" offer in each package? You could host domains as well?
    If I interpret your question correctly, it means that each account has the ability to host unlimited domains(websites), including clients and your own website. This is standard with reseller hosting providers.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

What kind of billing is needed. Suppose I purchased a reseller account with hostgator.com , and have my own hosting website.

1 Can resellers resell their package to other hosting companies which are smaller than me or I should only offer plain shared hosting within my set quota with hostgator.com

2 If i start recieving good traffic on my site, there are chances of more signups with fraudalent credit card numbers, fake paypal address,
    a Should I set the signup procedure to be manually approved
    b, Should i restrict myself only with paypal accounts
    What are the other payments method to get one signup

What does clientexec/WHMap/modernill means and what role do they play

Hi friend,

may be it depend on you reseller package also, how many user you host on it

if you are using the 1Gb and 10 Gb bandwidth it's good to start

Originally posted by cunning
    What kind of billing is needed. Suppose I purchased a reseller account with hostgator.com , and have my own hosting website.

1 Can resellers resell their package to other hosting companies which are smaller than me or I should only offer plain shared hosting within my set quota with hostgator.com

2 If i start recieving good traffic on my site, there are chances of more signups with fraudalent credit card numbers, fake paypal address,
    a Should I set the signup procedure to be manually approved
    b, Should i restrict myself only with paypal accounts
    What are the other payments method to get one signup

What does clientexec/WHMap/modernill means and what role do they play
    Clientexec/whmap/modernbill are autobilling systems to bill ur clients and u also need a merchant account but i recommend 2checkout to avoid frauds and its cheap. The billing system is integrated with whm and creates the client site and assing the selected hosting package.