Hybrid View

100 % uptime reseller

where i can found a 100% uptime reseller
    good server and great staff?
    im tired of receive emails from my monitors about server down...
    regards
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Re: 100 % uptime reseller

Originally posted by Flipe.NET
    where i can found a 100% uptime reseller
    This is not physcially possible to find anyone with 100% uptime. Maybe you should do some more reading through the forum before you go looking.

Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Re: Re: 100 % uptime reseller

Originally posted by MH-Gary
    This is not physcially possible to find anyone with 100% uptime. Maybe you should do some more reading through the forum before you go looking.

the problem is that anyone really maintain 99,9%
    if someone have a 99,99% is very nice too!
    tnkz
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Re: Re: Re: 100 % uptime reseller

Originally posted by Flipe.NET
    the problem is that anyone really maintain 99,9%
    You are sure than any company can maintain less than 43 minutes of downtime a month? This is normally the case with good companies unless serious problems occur (and that does happen with every company), but with all companies? Not going to happen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 100 % uptime reseller

Originally posted by Lev
    You are sure than any company can maintain less than 43 minutes of downtime a month? This is normally the case with good companies unless serious problems occur (and that does happen with every company), but with all companies? Not going to happen.
    do you know a trustly reseller company??
    tnkz

the best way for me has always been just to dig around websites and call phone numbers and talk to people, maybe create monitor accounts for buissnesses websites

see if they alone can stay up even?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Hi,

You should check the SLA of any hosting company that offers 100% uptime guarantee (make sure it is for server uptime guarantee, not for network uptime guarantee....).

2nd thing you should search web hosting directories for rating of particular company. In most of the cases, you will find pros and cons of all the hosting companies in rating comments.

I personally don't know any hosting company but I have heard good reviews about resellerchoice.com.

May be you can try them with 30 day moneyback guarantee.

Aplus is a good option to go for.

Hi,

I think Aplus.net is costly. However, they provide a very good service (tech support) by phone and chat!!!

If you have a good budget, you should try them!!!

Originally posted by thewebhostingdir
    However, they [Aplus] provide a very good service (tech support) by phone and chat!!!
    That's funny, every review I find says the opposite of that.

No such thing my friend.

I think you do not realize that 100% uptime is not something that a server provider can do by themselve. They have to rely on the DC they are in , the trunks they are connected to. Suppose if your clients are in Hong Kong, and the trunk to the DC in USA is broken, but from the rest of the world is ok, do you consider that a downtime? Will you still consider that 100% uptime?

Any server provider also have to bring down the server for maintenance. Hard disk crash, virus , DOS attacks, are not something within the control of the server provider. What they can do , is the best possible when they go down, they will have some sort of contigency plan to bring it back up asap.

Joshua

Look you can find 99% but anyone say they have 100% is lying show me one server that hasn't been restarted in 10 years and even then they may have to restart tomorow so their is no such thing as 100% lots of ppl say they offer 99% and you got look and they restart3 to 4 time the day before due to script kiddies and dos attack....

there si no 100% uptime
    "Knowledge is power..." (Sir Francis Bacon)

companies saying they can give you 100% uptime are to be avoided.

1. it's impossible to have 100% uptime. too many independent factors that makes it impossible for the company to offer that garantee
    2. if they display that on their website, for me it's already the first "Lie" before even joining them. What would be the next ?
    It's just cheating costumers to display that

in all.
    No it's impossible!

An 100% uptime monetary guarantee is not necessarily a bad thing. Trouble is that most hosting companies employing it deliberately make it seem on their front page that this level of uptime will always be achieved. If one doesn't read the fine print, he'll soon discover anyway that reality can only be different.

One can call it marketing, and leave it at that, or choose a provider that doesn't boast 100% uptime. But then again, even 99.9% uptime guarantees are usually presented as a "sure thing".

Hi,

Most hosting companies protect themselves with "Service Level Agreement". I have seen so many of them defining that If they match 99.93% uptime in any month, they will refund you the amount equivevalent to downtime but not more than 50% of your monthly payments.

Well this is not acceptable because the value of the returned money is nothing compared to your business loss due to downtime issue.

If you really want to offer 100% uptime guanratee, I will suggest you to lease a custom server from the company like ev1 with robust archi. like following.

1. Load Balanced Servers.
    2. Normal P4 Server With Raid 3 HDD.
    3. 2 GB Ram, XGB HDD, XGB Transfer.
    4. Make a Common MYSQL DB Server between both and get a shell script to synchronize the data between both the servers at 5 min. interval.

In most of the similar cases implemented, they are successful having 100% uptime on the server.