FREE or SUPER SUPER SUPER cheap domains....

Hi guys, I have been reading and googling all morning, I'm trying to find out the truth.

Is there anyway to get FREE or SUPER cheap domain names? Like I heard .com.ru domains are 100% free, if so, how can I get them.

And how about others like maybe .co.uk domains, I heard this was like $1.25 U.S Dollars a year, is this true or no?

I currently have domains with places like godaddy for 8.95 and name cheap for 8.88 but these are kinda pricey when you think about it on mass scale.

I don't trust the netfirms or yahoo domain offers, those look kinda like scams, it will be hard to transfer away.

What other country code extentions can I get really cheap. A friend of a friend said he knows a guy (I know this sounds like a rumor already, lol) but he can get .com.cn domains for like $3 dollars a registration. Any fact in this?

Cheers.

Well I haven't tried this but there is a form where you can apply for a .com.ru, .net.ru, .org.ru.

Try it out, let us know if it works. I haven't made enough posts to post a URL, but the link is below just add http and www to it.

dnsau.com.ru/regist.html

I will try it, but I don't know if that service is a legal business or if that was someone who signed up for a .com.ru domain and is registering them for people like you and me, then he could take control of our domains. I don't want that.

There's always www.dot.tk , but you don't really own it and it's just a forwarded domain ( I think you can turn off the advertising - but I'm not sure anymore ).

Why don't you try www.DomainSite.com , which is $6.99 the first year or even 1and1.com which is $5.99 (although I couldn't take the their control panel).

If you have a lot of domains then get a reseller at eNom or Directi, or a starter reseller account at www.NameZoom.net (although NameZoom was recently sold and I don't know the new owner).

Good Luck!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Re: FREE or SUPER SUPER SUPER cheap domains....

Originally posted by mouseattack
    I currently have domains with places like godaddy for 8.95 and name cheap for 8.88 but these are kinda pricey when you think about it on mass scale.
    I guess the question is WHY will you need domain names "on mass scale". I know of some serious domainers who have like 100,000 domains; HOWEVER, revenues from these domains could well pay off their renewal fees. So it all depends on what you are to do with those names.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

mass scale = means in the hundreds upto thousands of domains, not 100,000 domains, and not for sale, for use. Creation of websites. give each site it's own domain name, instead of subdomains, I use those as well.

1and1 is really slow control panel, and domainsite, I see no reason to use that one since hostway.com is cheaper, unless domain site has bulk EDITING of information (whois) and nameserver, easily like godaddy has.

How about other country codes, like .co.uk and .com.cn, .cc, .tv, ANY country code that is less than 6 dollars ?

co.nr is free, but it's like .tk except no ads.

100 is pretty limited. Many of the cheapo houses should suffice. Once you have a large portfolio. At 7500 names currently there are many big players that dwarf me.
    Domain Maven

From what I know name.co.nr is a subdomain, com.ru is still free, but I have tried to register before, it is not the most friendly registrar system. A bit weird, took me a few hours to get the submission correct.

But current dot coms is really cheap, just up your price by a dollar you can be getting dotcom/net/biz rather than go through the hassles.

.com's cost everyone $6.25, so when you think about it, they're only making $2/domain.. anything else is a loss

this changes based on the extension, but they're really not ripping you off.

if you look hard enough you may be able to get $3 .info domains at a decent registrar, not sure if theyre still offering them that cheap

Originally posted by DanX
    if you look hard enough you may be able to get $3 .info domains at a decent registrar, not sure if theyre still offering them that cheap
    Dan's right. DomainSite still has the .info names for $1.99 for the first year registration. NameCheap has them for $2.88 for the first year.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Registerfly offers .info for just $1.25 if you buy 50+ .info domains at once, its a good deal!
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Hello,
    com.ru is still free, but I have tried to register before, it is not the most friendly registrar system.
    The system is very user friendly once you get used to it. The new domain registration form is very simple and clean with only 3 fields to fill in:
    -----------------------------------------
    1. domain name
    2. domain description
    3. nameservers information
    -----------------------------------------

The registration form is attached for your reference. It should takes less than 2 minutes register a new domain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails com_ru_register_domain.jpg  

thanks anydemo, i'll give it a try.

EDIT: WHERE IS THAT FORM? Is that the form on the official nic.ru or is that some other website, where some kiddie will register domains for you ( and that's a security risk, they can steal the domain from you ).

Where do you make an account with the official nic.ru and be able to login and change your nameservers and what not?

TY

To be honest, unless you are targeting the Russian market, I don't think a .com.ru domain is that inviting (so are other ccTLDs). My recommendation would be to get a US$1.99 .info from DomainSite. And if you cannot even afford that, then you may want to rethink using a domain for each of your websites. Not every child will have his or her own room.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Register a miantainer account first.

For orgs: https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/org_reg.cgi
    For people: https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/prs_reg.cgi

After that register domains at (that's the form in the picture): https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/en/

mouseattack,
    WHERE IS THAT FORM?
    After you register the maintainers, you can access the form by logging in your account.

Few wee remarks:

- .co.nr is a subdomain just like .co.tv, .eu.org, .be.tf, .uk.tt, ... The day they don't like you anymore they can cancel your account, the day they stop their service you lose your subdomain. Not reliable at all.

- .com.ru is free, though they can change their policy at any time and ask money for it.

- .tk is free but really limited, you're better off paying 9 usd for them and use your own nameserver, you're the actual owner then so you're in control.

- .tv below 6 USD ??? Good luck in finding that

- .com.np is also free if you live in Nepal ; you can always beg Kohashi to register a domain for you

Originally posted by nameslave
    TMy recommendation would be to get a US$1.99 .info from DomainSite.
    Or from www.theflypaper.com

Originally posted by Fulk
    Or from www.theflypaper.com
    If you do 50 or more it is as little as 1.25/ea
    Domain Maven