SORBS.net contact

Having trouble getting an IP block I own de-listed from SORBS. This IP block was never used to send spam, SORBS in-correctly has it listed as dynamic.

Does anyone know of a better way to contact someone there? I have been through the regular ticket/contact form on their site. Waited 12 days, no response.
    Tranquil Hosting

I had exactly the same problem, then I decided to pay this 50$ and after 24 houres the IP was delisted.

Michael

Who/where did you pay $50?
    Tranquil Hosting

Folks do not pay these scam artists $50, no one who has any sense at ALL uses sorbs to block email.

I've had a couple ips listed on that good for nothing list since NOVEMBER of last year, thanks to one incident with an exploited phpnuke webmail library and 1 complaint that landed on sorbs' desk.

Ignore sorbs, let them list you all they want, if you find anyone using those idiots to block your servers email, let those people know who are using sorbs just how craptastic that "anti spam" blocklist is.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    Folks do not pay these scam artists $50, no one who has any sense at ALL uses sorbs to block email.

I've had a couple ips listed on that good for nothing list since NOVEMBER of last year, thanks to one incident with an exploited phpnuke webmail library and 1 complaint that landed on sorbs' desk.

Ignore sorbs, let them list you all they want, if you find anyone using those idiots to block your servers email, let those people know who are using sorbs just how craptastic that "anti spam" blocklist is.
    Gotta agree they are scam artist. Do not pay the money.

I'd suggest donating $50 to the Red cross and then sending sorbs your reciept....

Re: SORBS.net contact

I sent you a contact email via the PM system

Originally posted by sloop
    Having trouble getting an IP block I own de-listed from SORBS. This IP block was never used to send spam, SORBS in-correctly has it listed as dynamic.

Does anyone know of a better way to contact someone there? I have been through the regular ticket/contact form on their site. Waited 12 days, no response.

sorbs insist on several non-rfc standard settings for zonefiles before they'll delist static ip ranges listed as dynamic. they're amongst the worst (including utility companies!) organisations ive ever come across that provide a 'service' for getting a 'fix' on a problem at their end

i'd advise anyone using sorbs not to, so as maybe we can start to make them redundant... wishful thinking perhaps but definitely needed

Yes, sorbs is difficult to deal with. Finally did get a response from them today though.
    Tranquil Hosting

If this was the first time your IP was listed with them, I think they have a one-time only automatic removal procedure. Besides you may not use SORBS, but tons of others do.....right way is to donate $50 to redcross or the tsunami fund and send them the receipt. 12 days is a bit too long to reply back.
    "I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine sample it had an olive in it. ".
    Rodney Dangerfield (from "I Get No Respect!").

SORBS doesn't really practice very good blacklisting policies imho. About every 2-3 months a client has had their ip's listed there and all attempts to contact them have failed so far unless you pay them the fee it seems they don't listen to you. We've just changed the ip address for the particular server and the issue is resolved instantly. This is how I plan to handle any future SORBS listings. There site is really buggy aswell, I don't know how many times I signed up but when I try to login with the same data it won't let me. I've given up on communicating or dealing with their out of ordinary practices.
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.