Domain servers are still out.

Hey, I resolved my domains over to my current hosting about 60 hours ago and my browser STILL does not recognize my site. Is this a normal time limit?

Thanks,
    Louis

Could you provide us with your website address, so we could simply check this out?
    UPHosted: Reliable Linux Web Hosting
    24x7 Customer Support
    99,9% Uptime Guaranteed

http://www.evil-booters.com

(Stupid name, I know)

4. you can check if you domain is pulling up or if it has any errors by typing in the domain here

www (dot) dnsreport (dot) com

It will let you know where it is failing.

5. your nameservers are not resolving. Most likely they are not even on.

As a matter of fact they are not even pinging. You might want to check on the server. Or make sure the IPs are correct.

If I am correct, your host is not even up.

nullnic

Sorry this took so long, (DSL went down) But the server listed IS down. Went down quite some time ago. That is my old hoster. my new one is bigbluehosting.com and I know my domain holder switched them because I got an email telling me they were resolved.

Should it say they were swithed as soon as they were verified?

Thanks,
    Louis

It shouldn't take 60 hours, even with bad server configuration;

I remember a couple days ago, someone made a post about bigbluehosting being suspended or something; It's probably your host.

That post was by me Lol, so will it not start doing it till my hosts are back up?

Well, once your host goes up - it should immediately resolve to your host (and your sites would be accessible).

If it doesn't, check what nameservers your domain is pointing at.

Originally posted by Louis541
    That post was by me Lol, so will it not start doing it till my hosts are back up?
    As long as your host is down you will be down (in most cases).

nullnic

I am still up. But my hots's main page says suspended.

Your name servers are down or unreachable (can't get your ns records from your nameservers). I can't get to your site either. When did you switch to bigbluehosting?

Originally posted by Louis541
    I am still up. But my hots's main page says suspended.
    I don't get a suspended page, I get page cannot be found. Just a heads up.

nullnic

Yep, that was my bad www.bigbluehost.com

But it is now obsolete. I switched a few things in paypal and they autoended my service DAY.... When I had already paid for an entire month's hosting..... I decided they seem to want to rip me off and they don't exactly have formidable hosting so I will just look elsewhere.

Louis541: Lets keep it simple.

Run
    Find a new host but this time put some effort into the research.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Good luck with your search for a new host

Lol, I did do research. But I made one REALLY stupid move : I found them through google, then came here and assumed the nice things said about bluehost were talking about bigbluehost. So yea, I was an idiot for that

Ah....I have done that before. We all make mistakes. The key is to learn from them

Originally posted by David
    Louis541: Lets keep it simple.

Run
    Find a new host but this time put some effort into the research.
    Agreed, kinda of interesting though. There site is up now. Must have just got out of bed and noticed there site was down.

nullnic

Possible, but it'd take alot of pills to put you out for two days.

Louis541, when you chsnge hosts, you need to log into your domain name registrar's control panel and change the nemeservers associated with your domain to whatever the new ones are. If I'm reading this thread correctly and icybluehosting was the host you were moving away from, it doesn't look like your nameservers were ever updated.

-b