goddady.com swindlers and thieves

Users I want to notice to them of goddady do not buy anything in that miserable company if they have problems are not going to respond nor to give back the money to them, and his garantia is false does not exist I want to them to comment my case. Contract hosting virtual and in the 24 hours already I wanted that they gave back the money to me did not give to the DNS nor no type me of answer always answered to me the same with autorespondedores tries to call to them and they even hung to me I telephone not to give back the money to me have been gotten to make the crazy person, each 2 xs 3 decian that for that tapeworm who to write to such mail, escribi until a 10 directions, that they gave me when they querian answered to me and when they did not ignore all the post office to me, ah day of nonsingle today have not dropped to me from rolls as eh solicitd and has given back the money to me but that they have used my card of form fraudalenta renovandome hosting when I eh expressed thousands of times my intention to give of loss of not wanting me to be ahi, via even telephone via email via FAX. I hope that my so indignante experience serves to them helpful and they do not feel so swindled on the inside as I when seeing am feeling the position in my bank of a renovation.

I'm sorry but I did not understand your problem! Your english is a little confusing.
    All I can say is that also had problems with godaddy and have moved everything away from them (domains and hosting).

Ah yes. Very well said.

Don't forget to add that GoDaddy is a great place to buy a domain as well.

I have been a very happy customer.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Not many comments on this one, even thought GoDaddy are a large 'respectable' firm providing domains and hosting.

Seemse they have a huge client base, yet only 2 responses on here? Maybe with the size of their clientell there's hiccups in every business?

Well, that was a fascinating stream of words.
    I hope everything will work out happily in the end....
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Ok..now I"m dizzy from reading that..lol...I think my universal translater is on the fritz....I THINK what he's saying is that he bought a hosting package and they didn't give him his DNS info or the DNS was not working and he tried to contact support and got nothing but autoresponders and the runaround. Tried to get refund and was told no or not responded to.

To be honest, I've only got like 5 domains left at GoDaddy, they expire in 2006 and will be moved to my Enom reseller..

1. I can't figure out what you are trying to say.

2. You need to be careful what you say about someone. While the 1st Amendment does guarantee free speech, that freedom is not unlimited. Calling godaddy swindler and thieves when thousands of people use this company with good success is very poor judgment. Considering your claim is not well explained in plain english, and probably wouldn't be truly thievery and swindling even if it were, in my opinion could border on libel. (Obviously I'd have to check with a lawyer - so please don't flame me if I'm wrong.)

3. Their website doesn't claim to give a money back guarantee (at least on the comparison page)

4. At $3.95 / month you should have been prepared to loose that much when you signed up in the first place. Besides, it isn't all that much to loose, so why complain about it?

I've used godaddy for years. They are an excellend domain reg company. While I haven't used their hosting, many companies don't offer a refund if you choose to cancel. You chose to sign up. If you don't like it that's your tough luck. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

~Jonathan
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Originally posted by midwestwebsites
    While the 1st Amendment does guarantee free speech, that freedom is not unlimited.
    I suspect that the original poster, who is likely in Spain, is not too concerned about the 1st Amendment. But your point is taken.

Kevin

GoDaddy is an excellent domain registrar. I have had a few bad dealings with them (being double charged, for instance) which weren't resolved, but overall -- the price can't be beat, so I continue to register domains there. I also have a lot of domains with EV1, but as they aren't currently accepting new registrations, GoDaddy is the place that I use.
    John Morris
    Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii

In short - GoDaddy should only be used for domain registrations and possibly SSL certs due to their competitive pricing; Don't look into their other services (primarly VPS/Hosting).

And Cocobcn19; Excellent review/warning. =)

Tapeworm?

4. At $3.95 / month you should have been prepared to loose that much when you signed up in the first place. Besides, it isn't all that much to loose, so why complain about it?
    I would be upset if someone stole ANY money from me. Not agreeing with the dude who started this thread, nor disagreeing. But it's not the money in cases like this, it's the principle!

I've been a happy customer for a few years now. I've got about 8 domains through them and had a site until a week ago (temporary fix). Although the hosting interface isn't too intuitive for setting up certain things, its still decent, gets the job done, and they've never taken anything from me beyond the advertised price. They've saved time and took a lot of the effort out of things like transfers.

I, for one, am happy.
    The Big Toe

Big Feet Internet Media: Because you have big shoes to fill.
    Inverted Mind: Useless stuff to read when you should be working.

Are you saying you were double charged and it was never resolved?

Originally posted by WarpFactor
    GoDaddy is an excellent domain registrar. I have had a few bad dealings with them (being double charged, for instance) which weren't resolved, but overall -- the price can't be beat, so I continue to register domains there. I also have a lot of domains with EV1, but as they aren't currently accepting new registrations, GoDaddy is the place that I use.

Godaddy are evil. Pure evil. I have been with them for a few months and I totally hate them, I would go with a smaller host any day rather than be subjected to their aweful support and profiteering at the expense of users.
    Their Terms of service does not detail ANY of the hidden charges which you will suffer.

3. Their website doesn't claim to give a money back guarantee (at least on the comparison page)

Actually, it seems the guy's point is that they never delivered the service(s) he paid for. A money back guarantee is only for cases where you don't like the service after trying it. If you pay and they refuse / fail to provide the service, that is:

a. fraud; and
    b. automatic money back with or without an explicit money back guarantee.

ive registered a few domains with go-daddy and havnt had a problem yet

I have some domains registered with them for 2 or 3 years now without any problem. For hosting I would go to a hosting company