Can this AMD Proc play BF2

I'm just wondering if the follow PC can play BF2.

This is what I have:

AMD XP 2500 Barton (i think it's clocked at 1.8 ghz or less)
    512 DDR RAM
    80 GB IDE

I am planning to get ATI RADEON 9800 PRO (OEM 128 MB).

Do you guys think it can play BF2 decently?

Thanks
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Your better off if you have at least 768MB of ram and probably should have 1 gig instead. Processor is probably fine.

Double the RAM and it'll probably do fine. RAM is so cheap now it's money well spent.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

thank you for your insight.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Runs well on mine.

AMD XP 1800
    SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
    MS XP PRO SP2
    nVidia Geforce 5700LE 256Mb DDR Ram
    2Gb DDR Dual Channel PC-3200

/me needs to buy a laptop soon
    ^_^

Dont get the 9800 pro. It seems to have some issues with BF2. I have it and cant play the game with the settings on anything other than low with out everything getting all pixelated and looking like a Jackson Pollack painting. My friend got the 9600xt from newegg and it smokes my 9800pro, it was about $40 cheaper also. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by ResellersHQ
    Dont get the 9800 pro. It seems to have some issues with BF2. I have it and cant play the game with the settings on anything other than low with out everything getting all pixelated and looking like a Jackson Pollack painting. My friend got the 9600xt from newegg and it smokes my 9800pro, it was about $40 cheaper also. Hope this helps.
    Sounds like you over-clocked it, or you just got a bad card.

I've had an MSI 9800 Pro work perfectly and superbly in about 95% of my games.

I'd suggest you get yours repaired under warranty.

I have the 9800PRO with 256 and have no isses at all.

I am able to run BF2 with everything on HIGH with my 9800pro (Athlon64 3200+, 1024mb ram), like everyone else says, send it back under warranty.

VapoRub: Your 2500+ should do the job no worries
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

. . . everything getting all pixelated and looking like a Jackson Pollack painting. .
    Hey, don't insult Jackson Pollock; his art is kind of cool, really.

I have the same processor, with 768MB RAM, and a 9700PRO - and the demo runs great on high.

Just turn the settings down and try closing all other running applications off such as AIM, IRC, Outlook, IE etc... and it should run fine
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...