Smile Could my idea work?

A few days ago, i came up with an idea for an alcholic buffet, or a "booze buffet" if you will.

I've come to craft the idea, and come up with some policies, as well as addon services;

1) $25 to get in once, you can also purchase a one week pass for $130.

2) Build the place in an area where the nearest parking lot is at least 800 feet away.

3) Offer a complimentary taxi service, for people to get home safely.

4) Sell food at a 25% price hike from the normal price.

5) You are only given alcohol until you are drunk.

6) Drinks which include more than 3 primary ingredients (eg: long island ice tea) require an additional dollar to be paid on the spot.

7) If you are ever found inciting violence or unlawful behavior, you are banned for 1/2 year.

8) The place would be staffed with 3+ security guards.

So, let me know what you think of the idea. I probably won't ever start it, simply because I can't afford a startup of this size. But, I'm curious if you guys think it could work.

Oh wow this is a serious idea?

You're gonna need one heck of a janitorial staff.... oh and I think the parking lot should be located like 800 miles away

a lot of clubs in mexico have open bars.. they seem to make a lot of money.

Some other things you might want to think about to help make it work..

No doubles / triples, if they want a double they can come back then they have finished the first one. That helps a lot as it means they drink a single at the same speed as whoever else they are with.

Dont used bottled water, as it gets late into the night a lot of people will ask for water, if iuts safe where you are, serve tap water.

Dont use the best brands. Keep a bottle of good vodka on the shelfr, and charge extra to use the good vodka rather than the bad vodka... Most people wont notice anyway if you keep the vodka you are using at the front of the bar.

Use ICE, supprisingly enugh putting ice in a drink can save a lot of money as it fill up a lot of space.

Use Post mix, and not bottles for softdrinks, for things like coke, pepsi, lemonade, but post mix, that way if they only want a dash in their drink, your only paying for a dash. Also postmix is a lot cheaper in the long run.

Thats just a few things to think about. You could make it work, but there would be a lot more to think about than you may expect
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

I personally wouldn't drink anywhere unless they were doubles as standard. Obviously you wouldn't use premium beverages but don't serve dirt cheap product at the same time.

I am sure you could make money as long as the menu is produced well and you incorporate food and other additional services.

Wouldn't work to well here, there are to many people that can drink for hours unend and still hold their ground, It would run ya out of business rather quickly..
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    I personally wouldn't drink anywhere unless they were doubles as standard. Obviously you wouldn't use premium beverages but don't serve dirt cheap product at the same time.

I am sure you could make money as long as the menu is produced well and you incorporate food and other additional services.
    lol me and few others can drink for 16+ hours like 6 bottles an hour

Originally posted by urAnium-Hosting
    lol me and few others can drink for 16+ hours like 6 bottles an hour
    I take it you are talking about beer rather than bottles of spirits right!? And either way I would have to say I can't imagine anyone being able to drink 96 bottles of beer in one day.
    Steve

LOL, Nice Idea go for it!!

Me and a few friends probably had about 8-10 bottles of horrible alc-pops, so I swiftly moved on to the stella in about 2-3 hours. We went swimming and no one was any the wiser...Maybe an indoor swimming pool to recooperate?

You could always do an "unmetered" booze policy...or a very small and limiting "unlimited" booze policy subject to TOS.
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Should work if you try hard enough Go for it.
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...