Beware Of Webhostplus.com And Dinix

I just want to make people aware of the tactics of Webhostplus, the company who has taken over a variety of smaller hosting companies, including my former hosting company, Dinix.com.

As a client of Dinix, I became a client of WebHostPlus.com, who bought them out.

To say that services detieriorated is an understatement.
    I cancelled my account with them, after giving them several warnings of my intention to do so if matters did not improve.
    THEN THREE MONTHS LATER they started charging my credit card AGAIN for $189 per month !!

I received an 'early warning signal' from them when I received an 'invoice' out of the blue, MONTHS AFTER I had cancelled my account.
    So I fired off an e-mail to them immediately expressing concerns about this 'invoice', and expressing concern that my credit card might be debited. SURE ENUF, that's exactly what happened!
    I then get into e-mails with an individual who identifies themselves as LEONID GUDOVICH, who promises to look into my 'account query'.
    I send Leonid a COPY of an e-mail, which is in fact several e-mails long, which confirms my cancellation of the account, the date of the e-mail used to cancel, and a return e-mail from Leonid asking me to 'reconsider cancelling my account'.
    Leonid then has the cheek to send me another e-mail and ask 'You have been a dinix client since 2004. We did not receive any cancellation requests. If you like your account to be canceled, please email [email protected] '
    Then ask me 'when did I cancel the account'.

This is AFTER sending the individual absolute PROOF of the cancellation, INCLUDING ALSO their pleading response !!!

I want people to be aware, it seems that these companies, Dinix, now owned by webHostingPlus, retain people's PERSONAL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION, and debit it whenever it suits their fancy apparently.
    Or maybe company funds are low ?

Surely there must be a law againt this ?

If this was an individual who had perpetrated such an act, they would be in the clink ! WHY IS IT that corporations think they are above the law ?

So MY MESSAGE IS CLEAR AND SIMPLE, anybody wo is considering using any of the two companies mentioned here should be aware that they retain your personal credit card information on file, EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.

Regards
    Last edited by gordypordy; 07-31-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Not exactly news around here, but thanks for the report. Aside from the recent reports from Dinix customers, the overbilling scam has been reported in WHP threads here going back years before they acquired Dinix.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=429344
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=365422
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=423776
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=392976
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=387709

It's a shame about Dinix.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

wow........that is just sad man and i feel sorry for you and other people that got ripped by them.....couldnt you show proof to your credit card company and get a chargeback?

I send Leonid a COPY of an e-mail, which is in fact several e-mails long, which confirms my cancellation of the account, the date of the e-mail used to cancel, and a return e-mail from Leonid asking me to 'reconsider cancelling my account'.
    Leonid then has the cheek to send me another e-mail and ask 'You have been a dinix client since 2004. We did not receive any cancellation requests. If you like your account to be canceled, please email [email protected] '
    Then ask me 'when did I cancel the account'.

This is AFTER sending the individual absolute PROOF of the cancellation, INCLUDING ALSO their pleading response !!!
    That's really scary gordypordy. Scary.

keep us updated -- did they refund you ?

Hi,

just thot I would update on this post from yesterday.
    Incidentally, the responses have been encouraging from other users, not to say some shocking revelations. I wonder what else will crawl out of the woodwork concerning WHP ?

In any event, Leonid sent me an e-mail stating that they would issue an immediate refund, after apparently becoming aware of a thread that had started on this very forum ! And pleading with me to have the thread removed.
    Unbelievable.

Anyways, I'll wait and see just how long it takes to have my credit card refunded.

For the person that enquired could I not just contact my credit card company, the answer is, YES. BUT, from experience, it can take MONTHS to have the funds credited back again!

It's the fact that these people can do this and get away with it that stick in my throat.
    I'm wondering if it is even LAWFUL to retain people's personal credit card information ?

I will update this post as new information emerges.