Thread: Media mail

Media mail

Media mail it cheap! I found this out when I shipped home my books.
    If I put my towel in the box to separate the Cds...would that still be consider media mail?
    How would they know if it is a media mail and if it have stuff other than books?

Towel is not media so no. If they plan on opening to check you have legit media they will ask you if they can open to search I believe. Call your local post office and find out if you cant find any info on USPS.com
    Why do they call them fingers? I never seen them fing. Oh, there they go.

They didn't ask me to open my tape up box when I went to mail books on the 19 of this month.

You're using the towel to seperate the CD's so it's fine. You just can't send letters and such. I wouldn't worry about the towel or just buy some bubble wrap at Office Depot and use that instead of towel to protect your stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the towel, I think if they open it they can see there's media. It's mainly so people don't send larger items that would cost more to ship if they weren't media mailed. They've asked me before, and they do random checks to make sure you're actually shipping media.

One towel should be ok as long as the primary means of the contents are books, cdís, DVDs, papers, notebooks etc. However, please know that shipping media mail gives the right to USPS to open the package for any reason. They do not have to open it in front of you; they often open it in their processing center.

I have received some pages that said that this page was opened an inspected to be media mail.

I shipped my box today...and paid 7.54 cents. The 200 dollars insurance was only 3.20 cents.
    No towel at all. He asked me what was in it and I told him books and CD.
    What if they have opened my package at the processing/sorting mail center and they foiund the towel? What would they have done to my package...and if I have insurance. When I asked for a tracker, I was told it would be 50 dollars...or 54 dollars.

What are you talking about?

I really don't think they'd care that there was a towel in there, especially since it would be pretty obvious it was being used to cushion/separate the media that was in there.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

That is good but at least I Didn't try that. I was so afraid they woiuld throw my box away if they found the towel...so I Didn't put one in there.
    When it was time to put on in there, the box was full of papers and books.
    12 x 12 x 12 inch box.

They don't have time to open up boxes to be checking for towels to see if people are "cheating" with media mail at the distribution center. If they're worried about slowing up the mail there for anything it would only be for weapons.

Media mail is cheap but it is super slow.
    Rich
    WebsiteMaven - Web Hosting Reviews, Guides, and Advice to Build and Promote your Web Site

Originally posted by DevilDog
    They don't have time to open up boxes to be checking for towels to see if people are "cheating" with media mail at the distribution center. If they're worried about slowing up the mail there for anything it would only be for weapons.

Media mail is cheap but it is super slow.
    I've always got media mail in 2 - 3 days. Never over 3.

Ive sent media mail many times, they never open the stuff its just talk to try to get people to pay more for parcel post.