Thread: Hosting

Hosting

Well, I Think Running A Hosting Business Can Be Quite Hard. Every Hour Checking To See If Anyone Has Bought Anything. Adding Their Accounts. Its Very Time Consuming

that's why the majority of it is automated...

A well automated system is a good key to being a large host, but the customer service has to remain human for them to survive or have a good reputation for the long term. If you automate your billing system and signup process you will sleep much more at night.

Agreed, an automated system is absolutely essential. If you end up experiencing rapid growth you would spend all your time on administrative tasks, when what you should be doing is working on your business!
    Try the StreamSend Email Marketing Service. StreamSend is a permission-based email marketing service that offers both a private label reseller program and an affiliate program.

I do know the feeling of checking every hour to see what is happening! Not just with sales volume but all kinds of stats...

I use Google Adwords and Urchin (for Web analytics). BTW, Urchin is awesome! They were recently bought out by Google and I think Google is investing in improving it even more, which is great.
    Try the StreamSend Email Marketing Service. StreamSend is a permission-based email marketing service that offers both a private label reseller program and an affiliate program.

There is no need to check every hour; only when there is something that you need to take action on. Setup some simple scripts, options, forwards, whatever within your setup and you should be able to be notified of new accounts and new support tickets via SMS -- right to your cell phone.

Well, there are employees in customer support and sales who take care of that. I like to look at the sort of overall picture of what is happening, probably a bit too much! :-)