average price for reseller

What would be an average price range for a decent reseller hosting package? (By the month)

Thanks,
    Louis

That's almost impossible to answer, but I'd say $20 or so. It depends on tons of factors such as:

Bandwidth
    Disk Space
    Control Panel
    Support for your clients
    Type of server
    Host's Market
    IPs
    etc...
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

That is why I said for a decent account. :-D Somewhere in the average of what a serious begginer would need.

I would say $20 could get you a great starter account with a reputable host

Have a look see at the offers section.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

I would say, a good ballpark figure to work with is USD $15.00.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Yes i agree $20 is a good figure to work with to get a "Decent Reseller" but it varies from company to company, its true "You get what you pay for"

Too many times you see these hosts trying to sell their resellers for under $20 such as the famous 9.95 reseller plan with 5gb of space and other features, but beware of them as this is not a good business model and you will soon be dissappointed as they oversell their network to try and make money.

I would say that $20/month is cheap for a reseller account. I'm not saying you couldn't get decent reseller hosting for that amount, just that I think it's cheap.

$20 - $25 monthly price is an average price you will find on reseller plans at most web hosting companies.

The price usually depends on how much disk space/bandwidth & domains you plan to host on the reseller plan.

If you want quality and reliability, do not fall for any cheap $2 plans for everything unlimited.
    Last edited by WireNine; 07-31-2005 at 09:44 AM.

It really depends what you are getting for the money I suppose. Personally I think $20 a month for a Reseller account is a low price. I wouldn't expect much for that at all, to me it's a starter account, certainly not anything like 5gb+ space and 50-100Gb transfer, which some hosts seem to offer.

The bottom line is that if you want to offer a quality service to your own clients from a Reseller run business, then you have to be prepared to pay a decent price for your infrastructure and quality service and backup from your upline provider.
    Mick Beeby
    www.reyaltec.com - Quality Helm Dedicated, Reseller & Shared Windows 2003 Hosting. UK & US based servers.
    www.aspbite.com - Modular ASP Content Management System

depend on specs, it will be different.

Are you buying one for personal use or do you want to resell? If it's just to host your own domains, you can get one for fairly cheap... some companies even sell 1GB space and 20GB bandwidth for $10 a month.

But if you're planning on reselling, it might be a better idea to purchase from a more "professional" company and that can go from $20 to $50 a month.

Hi,

I also think $20 is pretty cheap for a "decent" reseller account, although that word means something different to all of us. Personally, there are only a handfull of reseller providers i would be willing to use left, and they usually start at ~$35. Check out [link=http://www.httpme.com]HTTPme[/link] - a great provider who I would recommend any beginner to try out, and they start at $35.00.

Good luck!

Depends on the specs, what you want included (Billing software, private nameservers, etc..), but I would say around $25 for a nice startup plan.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

I would say about $25 as long as you are not looking for special software to be included.

All depends on what features you are looking for $20 is a great start, but if your looking into fantasico and stuff like that, it might jack up the price a little bit. I mean for $20 i would have to say maybe 5gb space 50gb bandwidth, and thats great for a newb!
    Last edited by mrtorelli; 08-01-2005 at 01:15 AM.