Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eeek...we've got a mouse!

I am horribly, deathly afraid of mice. I don't care that they're one of God's creatures; to me they are smelly, dirty, disgusting rodents that belong in a cat's stomach or in Mickey form. And I'm ALWAYS the one that finds out we have one.

We haven't had a mouse in our house since we moved in. And tonight I was standing in the bathroom putting my hair up and I feel something on my foot. I looked down and SCREAMED and ran out of the bathroom.

I literally just stopped shaking about 5 minutes ago.

Anyway, does anyone have tips for getting rid of a mouse fast - besides getting a cat?
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Mousetraps.

a big hungry snake?

Traps or poison work too.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Originally posted by RADiSTAR
    Mousetraps.
    Obviously What are some things that will attract mice to the traps?

I'm hoping to steer away from poison since we have 2 small girls and posioned mice have a way of ending up somewhere very inconvenient before they die (<-- speaking from experience)

I don't think a cat is what you want anyway. Mine likes to bring them to me alive to show off!
    Bob
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
    - African Proverb

cheese

vBulletin vBulletin Message
    The text that you have entered is too short. Your post must be at least 10 characters long.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Haven't tried it myself but I hear peanut butter works well.

Edit: Heh, no pun intended P-Nut
    Last edited by drizzle; 07-30-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Bob
    - African Proverb

I dont' know about you guys, but I'd much rather pick the thing up by the tail and send it for a ride. Finding a dead mouse, or a part of a mouse, in a mouse trap when I wake up the next morning isn't something I'd want to have to deal with.

That sounds disgusting, P-nut. I don't care for mice, either, but I more dislike (though am not exactly afraid of, just creeped out by) spiders. Today, I spotted this giant one in the corner of my bathroom. Its egg sac is prevalent, making its abdomen probably a quarter inch or so. I knocked it down with a broom, and needless to say, it bounced on the toilet seat and then on the ground, making a weird noise as though it were something much heavier. I'm not going in that bathroom until I have one of my other family members use it to make sure they get bitten first.

My husband likes to do that too, inogenius ...but of course he went out tonight, leaving me home to battle the mouse by myself *shudders*

I would much rather deal with a spider - they're a lot easier to squish and not as fast.

More like smells disgusting, SniperDevil. If you've ever had a dead mouse in your wall (actually, ours was behind the baseboard), you'd know what I mean

Originally posted by P-nut
    My husband likes to do that too, inogenius ...but of course he went out tonight, leaving me home to battle the mouse by myself *shudders*
    He likes to do what? Fling it at the wall and mush its head apart?

I would much rather deal with a spider - they're a lot easier to squish and not as fast.
    Same, although this one is going to make a mess when I squish its egg sac.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    He likes to do what? Fling it at the wall and mush its head apart?
    No, because then I'd have to clean it up. I make him take it outside and then he's free to do with it whatever he pleases as long as the mouse is dead when he's done, and it isn't illegal.

P-nut, you feel about mice the way i feel about spiders. i hope your problem is taken care of soon............. or perhaps, you could make a pet out of your household rodent?!
    g.
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand"
    Marie Von Ebner-Eschenbach

Obviously What are some things that will attract mice to the traps?
    Well, he did like your feet....
    There are traps that don't kill them, only capture. Later, you bring them far away from your house and release (not just in the yard, as they would come right back).
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Originally posted by bear
    Well, he did like your feet....
    There are traps that don't kill them, only capture. Later, you bring them far away from your house and release (not just in the yard, as they would come right back).
    Yeah, go at least a couple houses away.
    Bob
    - African Proverb

Hell, I don't care a bit if the mouse is killed - just as long as it isn't running around my house.

@drizzle - well, there is that one neighbor that refuses to turn their music down at 1:00 am..hmm......

I am VERY surprised that our own Mousie here hasn't piped up yet.... guess she's bein'g as nimble as a mouse, eh?
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

I hate mice as well!

One day right after I ate lunch, I came back to my desk, and there was a mouse right next to my computer!
    So I put my hand on it and kept clicking.
    [/end of horrible joke]
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Poor mousey , didnt know she is so unpopular out here. I guess she better start wearing a helmit just in case someone catch her by the tail and fling her against the wall......

You rang?

I was never keen on mouse traps, if I was game enough to set one, it would scare the living daylights out of me when it went off. And the catch em alive traps, they tended to avoid. I don't think I ever got one to go into it.

I never thought mice were that bad. I had one drop down my chimney once and he lived in my fireplace for a short while. We had glass doors on both sides, and every so often during the day I'd see him poking around, crawling on the chain curtains.

I really dislike spiders. My nerves have hardened so that I don't go into hysterics anymore when they touch me, and I can dispatch them efficiently enough when they dare venture into my home, but if a large one catches me off guard, I will freak. Same with snakes.

Uh, dont have to be scared of mice lol they are just as scared as u lol, u probably scared it more then it scared u

I forgot the thing i was putting on the floor.. But its a very very sticky paper, you just need to put a cheese at the center of the paper so that the rat will run to it, then he will be captured...
    www.DefyStudios.com ___Interactive Design

i tried cheese in mousetraps and they didnt get attracted to it, I found chicken or fish to be the best, Maybe because it stinks.
    Regards

I think we're going to go with old-fashioned traps in places our daughters can't get at them (behind the couches, behind the changing table, etc) and sticky traps where they can.

you know, I realized this morning that mice in a cage don't bother me so much. I'll get right up there and look at them (although I won't touch). It's when they're running around that I get nervous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast