Streaming Question

I want to stream video content to my site, is it better to do it off a different server or just host the content on the same one the website is hosted on?

Also, are there any hosting services out there that specialize in streaming video?

Do a google search for: host streaming video

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...treaming+video

~Jonathan
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Re: Streaming Question

Originally posted by aojon
    I want to stream video content to my site, is it better to do it off a different server or just host the content on the same one the website is hosted on?

Also, are there any hosting services out there that specialize in streaming video?
    Are you sure you need streaming and not just standard video files?
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Re: Streaming Question

Originally posted by aojon

It would really depend how what type of videos you were streaming to your clients; are they smaller 5mb-10mb~ files; or huge 100mb~ ones?

Additionally - It would depend on how much traffic you recieve/expect.

Try hosting your video content on your site first (check with your host first!), and if it bogs down performance - it's best to move it to a remote server.