Problems with Startlogic?

Has anyone else had problems with startlogic? I joined with them on July 9 of this year. In that time I have been met with rude customer service, complete server downtime of 5 hours and now the latest of having a ticket unanswered for over 48 hours and no response whatsoever. I am trying to get my domain transfered and I cannot get ahold of anyone and am losing my patience. Anyone else had problems with these guys? I'm not impressed with their service.

Sometimes tickets/emails can get lost, maybe its best you try all methods of support? They have a 1800 Number, have you tried calling that one?
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

The customer satisfaction record of that host is not the best... Personally , I have stayed away.
    Sorry about your bad luck.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Thumbs down

Best stay away from startlogic.com if you have anything worth hosting. Same experience, deleted my site, down for two days , rude service, tickets not paid any attention to etc.

Thinking of moving to PowerVPS in the next few days as my site is down at the moment and I cannot get startlogic to respond by mail or via their helpdesk.

I finally got a response to an issue that was taken care of Wednesday, not the issue I have sent them 4 emails to take care of. I agree, my experience with Startlogic has not been positive.

Thumbs down

Well, my issue was never resolved. I sent in a cancellation request for my account yesterday. Had to call them back to verify cancelling my account. You know their "You can cancel your account anytime, no questions asked?" I had to explain EXACTLY why I was cancelling my account. Talk about false advertising. From my experience with Startlogic, I advise anyone to stay away from them.

*couldn't edit my last post.
    Last edited by kiracm; 08-01-2005 at 07:17 PM.

You know their "You can cancel your account anytime, no questions asked?" I had to explain EXACTLY why I was cancelling my account.
    Maybe they do that for feedback. Did they state that they would not cancel your account unless you answered their questions?

I understand they would use that for their feedback, but they should state they are going to use it for feedback purposes. When they put on their website no questions asked, it should be no questions asked. That is false advertising in my book. The person I spoke to was unfriendly when I told them I wanted to cancel my account. I understand they don't want to lose the business, but they should not be rude and be clearer in their communication.

They never asked any questions when I sent them notice, then they have also not cancelled or refunded me yet. Will let you know.

The staff don't know what they are talking about. One staff member told me that they do keep back-ups of customers' websites - which horrified me - and another told that they don't.

I think this is one to miss.
    Azam Marketing, Inc., Digital Marketing and Design Results Since 1997
    Domain Exhibit - premium domains and websites for sale | quote WHT for additional 20% discount

Thumbs down startlogic

There AD said there is 5G space. But later they told me I only could put 50,000 files in it. It is a hidden trap they set up.

* Startlogic Nightmare

My website has been down going on ONE WEEK. I've called, sent tickets ... and just got a response on yesterday. The support line just rings and rings and rings and rings ... My questions are never addressed directly and no one seems to know what's going on. I've paid for services for ONE YEAR ... if anyone reads this ... BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!

Gosh ... I wish I had thought to do more research ...

I'm beyond upset right now ... and none of these folks seem to care ...
    What can I do now?

I'm wondering if, when this happens, you can find a new host and have the new host do the transfer? Perhaps choose the new host first, then tell them the problems and see what they say about getting your domain transferred.

Hopefully you have your own backup and don't need to rely on the current service to get your files. Suffering some loss is small in the big picture of getting away from the poor host.

If you are within the "30-day" day guarantee period, but can't get a response, I would contact your credit card company or PayPal (whatever you used to pay for the service) and ask them to cancel payment. They might even be able to get the refund for you - it doesn't hurt to ask. Don't wait for the 30-day period to expire - and the company may try to keep you on a string until the guarantee period has expired. Make sure you can document your efforts so your financial institution has a leg to stand on regarding your refund.

I have 2 sites hosted with startlogic. So far no issues, however they are both in a developmental stage so I don't monitor them as frequently as others do. Haven't seen anything positive about them. Can tell you that I tried calling their customer service and it just rang for hours... thinking about actually visiting the facility since it's just a few miles away... anyone want me to deliver a letter to them? LOL
    Finding options is easy. Making decisions... not always so.
    http://www.WebHostComp.com
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine

Oh Yeah, I forgot to mention that they do have flaws in their affiliate program. I signed up a client for their hosting a few weeks back, straight off my affiliate link, his user info, and credit card info were used and I wasn't credited for the sale.... makes me wonder what else has slipped through the cracks
    Finding options is easy. Making decisions... not always so.
    http://www.WebHostComp.com
    The Ultimate Web Hosting Search Engine

I signed up a client for their hosting a few weeks back, straight off my affiliate link, his user info, and credit card info were used and I wasn't credited for the sale.... makes me wonder what else has slipped through the cracks
    You can try and join their affiliate program via CommissionJunction if you don't trust their in house tracking.

One question that pops to mind is, did the person you referred ultimately ask for a refund? That you would void the commission.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 08-28-2006 at 11:27 PM.

Startlogic? I cannot say enough bad things about them. Whoops, I already have. The best thing is not to host with them in the first place. They are far and away the worst in terms of rotten documentation, lack of features and atrocious customer service. They don't even care. They offer free hosting to anyone who wants to become a moderator on their 'self-help forums'. You can imagine how well THAT works out. NOT!!

They've gotten worse

I transferred my site over about a year ago when my Canadian hosting company raised their prices. Everything went very smoothly, and I was up and running in less than 48 hours. This time We started on a Friday afternoon to transfer a client's site and realized on the following Wednesday that the site was still on the former company's servers. When I contacted sales and then tech support they told me it was our job to go into THEIR Registrar and change the name server information. When I said that no one had told us this and if I hadn't called we'd have gone down when we shut down the other account, their response was: "Then you would have learned you had to do it." Wow! They are a bit cheaper, but not worth the hassle. I didn't mention having to spend about 6 hours in their chat window and on the phone nursing the whole initial process along. (Should I have suspected something was wrong when their tech support guy, Samson, didn't know what I was talking about when I asked how Delilah was?).