anyone incorporate online?

has anyoen tried to incorporate or setup a LLC through those online sites? Any recmomendations?

<< removed >>

Try a search through the specific forums related to E-Commerce. There have been several lengthy threads on this topic in the past. I'm willing to bet that past conversation will solve many of your questions.
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-06-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

One option would be The Company Corporation - www.incorporate.com - I've used them and they have been in business for quite a long time.

Of course, before incorporating, you may want to find a local lawyer to see if he/she could set you up completely with not only your state registration but also advise on any local registrations needed.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

My friend and I each incorporated as an LLC. He did it online, I did it locally. He ended up spending over $300, while I spent $60, and I could also go to local offices with no problems, since I was registered in-state.

Avoid online registrations, IMHO..

<< removed >>

We incorporated online through http://www.ailcorp.com/. I will say that the process was very simple. I felt like I went through a drive-through at McDonalds. We got exactly what we ordered and from the .99cent menu. In a few days, we were incorporated and it was cheap.

I made the fast food analogy for a reason. This is the first time I had been involved with incorporating a company. I feel like I should have spent a little more money to talk with an attorney and accountant so I could get ALL the business paperwork in line. We have everything squared away, but I know that if we had used a local resource the COMPLETE process would have been smoother.

Please don't get me wrong, I think that AILCORP did a really great job. I was very happy with there service and would recommend them to anyone who has chosen the online path. I am trying to say sometimes there is great value in just meeting with someone to discuss your plans. When you incorporate online, you miss out on the experiences that a local resource would take the time to share.

I believe the next two or three incorporations I do will be with a local attorney. I also think that after a handful of experiences the online method may be a good choice.

I hope this post has provided some help. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-06-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    Jake Necessary
    ServerMotion
    If you need any help just ask me. See Profile for IM Info.

how much does an attorney typically charge to file the papers?

<< removed >>

I talked to a friend who incorporated locally and he spent like 750.00. I think it cost me 315.00 to Inc. online. He did an LLC and those do cost more typically.

We do live in "hickville" so I am not sure if that is cheap or crazy high...

Anyone else have any input?
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-06-2006 at 03:36 PM.
    Jake Necessary
    ServerMotion

i talked to a laywer here and i was told $1000 not including the state fees

<< removed >>

I thought of an alternative. You could contact you local SCORE office or Chamber of Commerce. You may also have a Business Encubator in your area. They can help you get started and share experiences. Additionally, they may have a "lawyer" that is focused toward small businesses and can offer a better rate.

Contacting SCORE and the Chamber is a good idea anyway. You may get ALL the information so you can incorp online to save money and get the experiences from the local SCORE.

You can find a local SCORE office at http://www.score.org. Also, the www.sba.gov website has a wealth of information.

Finally, feel free to contact me via methods here or on my messenger (in profile) if you need anything. I am not a wealth of knowledge but I would be glad to help you any way I can.
    Last edited by writespeak; 09-06-2006 at 03:36 PM.
    Jake Necessary
    ServerMotion

Just file the paperwork yourself. It isn't that difficult and then all you have to do is pay the state fees. I know in Texas it is very clear on how to file your own paperwork if you go through their PDFs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Originally posted by DanX
    My friend and I each incorporated as an LLC. He did it online, I did it locally. He ended up spending over $300, while I spent $60, and I could also go to local offices with no problems, since I was registered in-state.

Avoid online registrations, IMHO..
    Can you please provide more detailed information regarding that?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

i think cause of the give industry unless your google it doesnt matter
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

You might want to check your state government's site. I know that Wisconsin's site allows you to file most of your paper work online but I have yet to try it out.

Also, like Jake, I would suggest that you check out SCORE. It was and still is a great help to me.
    ~ Nick

A lawyer or CPA is going to charge you more than anyone else to incorporate, so if your looking for cheap, then don't do it through them.
    I think who you use though depends on why you are incorporating. If you are doing it strictly for tax reasons, you may want to spend the extra money so when tax time comes, everything is guaranteed to be done right. But if your just doing it for a small business then you can probably just do it yourself or use one of the free services like SCORE

Just file it yourself. It's very easy. Most state governments have websites where you can check the process, download application and/or file online. Actually fees differ by the state. For CA, I only had to file two documents. They cost around $300.