Problems with RegisterFly

I have been with registerfly.com for a few years now and have a little over 20 domains with them. Their service itself has been alright until you have a problem and need something from them. At the beginning of the month I tried to register a name and order their backorder service. They had a problem with their site that gave me an error 5 times. I was worried that I would be charged on my credit card so I emailed them asking them to make sure I was not charged. They responded back that if I was to open a ticket asking for a refund. Well low and behold I was charged 5 times at over 100.00 due to the error on their site. As they requested I open the ticket with them. After about two weeks of the ticket being open and trying to contact them the ticket was closed. I opened a new ticket that has been open for over a week and it hasn't been touched.

I called them several times and no one can help. They all refer me to open a ticket. One of their representatives even told me that if a chargeback was done on my credit card that they would take all my domains from me. I can't believe they would even say that not to mention do it.

I was told to email their CEO at [email protected]. I sent him several email and still no response. I feel like I am hitting a brick wall and that I am going to end up losing my money. I don't want to do a charge back for fear of losing my domains though.

Has anyone had any luck resolving problems with them or have alternate ways to contact them to get an issue resolved? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

This has been a nightmare.

Thanks,
    George

Providing you can afford it, move all your domains to an external registrar. Once they're moved, do a chargeback.

They have always been helpful. PM member regfly here and he should be able to help you
    Domain Maven

dmaven beat me to it, RegFly is online I believe.

Honestly, dmaven, you have a lot of domain names with RegisterFly and I do think you get better service than the rest of us. I moved away from RegisterFly because I had a billing dispute, too. I was also given the runaround and my emails to their corporate office went unanswered, too. I transferred out and except for three names that I bought recently, I'm still staying away.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Smile

Thanks for the feedback. It doesn't look like I have the ability to send a PM on this site. I assume it is since I just signed up. Hopefully RegFly will be willing to help me out when he/she sees this thread. I really like their service and would continue with them if I can get this resolved.

RegFly please help.

I refer a fair number of people over and all are happy campers. They are a big company and with any big company you will have people who are happy/ and not so happy. I am on top of my account really closely and do not hesitate to contact over the slightest issue so I am not a "low maintenance" client like most people.
    Domain Maven

Georgem

Email me your information at support at registerfly.com (att: paul) and I can look into this. Normally if sufficient detail is provided when the ticket is raised our billing dept is fast to resolve it. If there is omitted or missing information this may delay things. Once you provide the info I can investigate it further.

Paul V
    RegisterFly.com Client Care Services
    http://www.registerflysupport.com

Thanks for offering your assistance Paul. I just sent you an email with all of the details. For your reference my account username with registerfly is georgem.

Once again thank you for your help. I look forward to getting this resolved and once again being happy with registerfly.

My advice is to stay away from them

Someone I know has a domian with them. They nly gave him 1 of his 2 registered years, and even when he paid extra for another 2 years as he needed it urgently, they still kept it as suspended. To this day he still has not got it back.

My advice, use namecheap.

I can resist everything but temptation - Oscar Wilde
    He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

Hi Paul,

Once again thank you very much for your attention on this matter. I am happy to say that we are getting closer to a complete resolution. A credit was applied to my account instead of being refunded to my credit card though. I sent you an email requesting that this be refunded to my credit card. Since most of my domains don't need to be renewed until next year it doesn't make sense to have the monies sit there.

Thanks again for your assistance in getting this matter resolved.

Regards,
    George

Good to see your issue was handled.
    Domain Maven

I dont agree with this - sometimes we try to renew the domain twice within 24 hours and thats why the 2nd renewal fails.

Same thing happened with me also when I renewed my domain with them and then they explained and renewed my domain name manually for 1 more year.

There are 100s of ways to get the support if you keep your cool.

Originally posted by Bazza The Greek
    My advice is to stay away from them

Someone I know has a domian with them. They nly gave him 1 of his 2 registered years, and even when he paid extra for another 2 years as he needed it urgently, they still kept it as suspended. To this day he still has not got it back.

My advice, use namecheap.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Originally posted by dmaven
    Good to see your issue was handled.
    Glad it is close to getting resolved as well. I sent Paul (RegFly) a response but have not heard back from him. It doesn't look like he has been online here either. Maybe he has been off or out of the office. Still holding faith that he will get everything taken care of though.

When i get into a problem with registerfly, i always make sure i talk to someone on the live chat.

the live chat is a great feature on reigsterfly. Their is always someone ready to help you.

Originally posted by ganobiUK
    When i get into a problem with registerfly, i always make sure i talk to someone on the live chat.

the live chat is a great feature on reigsterfly. Their is always someone ready to help you.
    can u send me a direct link to it please. as i cannot find it.

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man - Dr. Johnson

They turned off the Live Chat option since they started the phone support and now they have the Rapid Ticket Support System which is pretty quick as well
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

i tried calling them 3 times.

Each time i called i was on hold for at least 30 min b4 i gave up. I am in the UK and it costs about 15p a min.

No resolution yet...

Hi Paul (regfly),

Do you have an update on this. I would like to money applied back to my credit card as soon as possible. It would be nice to get this matter fully resolved.

Thanks,
    George

edited
    Last edited by annab; 08-08-2005 at 04:25 AM.

I was hoping by the time I got to the end of this thread that Register Fly had resolved the situation. :/ I have a big credit in my account that they won't pay me for yet. I've been waiting, and even got a promise that it would be sent THAT DAY a few days back. Nope, nothing from Register Fly. They're just holding my money.

Here is my current issue with them, they wont give me back my money!!!:

I started my own small consulting business, but apparently I chose the wrong company to host my website.

The website stated "$6.95" a month webhost for a certain package, which I thought to be a pretty decent price. I was to be charged quarterly in the amount of $20.85. I assumed quarterly meant every three months, or 4 quarters out of a year. Apparently, they thought it means every month.

Well, now that I have been charged $83.40 and had to cancel one charge they tried to put through, I am trying to recover $42 dollars. The worst part is the response I got from the "senior manager" at their offices (My trouble ticket comes first):

***I am being overcharged for my hosting since April. Please refund all of the over charged amounts to my credit card and cancel the hosting as well. ***

Their response:

***Would you please provide me with the domain name and the login info of your hosting control panel so we can verify and discontinue the services.

Thank you

Alex McLean
    1st Level Senior Manager***

Notice he is more concerned with "discontinuing" the service than getting me my refund.

Worst of all, my website was down most of the time and at one point they even accused me of not paying! I had to show them my invoice and prove to them that I was on a certain package for them to bring my website up!!!

I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND REGISTERFLY.COM. HORRIBLE!

REVIEW UPDATE:

It is now August 9th and here is a copy paste directly from the trouble ticket section of registerfly.com

Ticket Status REOPENED
    E-mail Address: [email protected]
    Your Name: ******
    Support Category Payment - Billing or Payment related issue
    Subject overcharged
    Date created: 2005-07-18
    Last Update Date 2005-08-09

Your Prior Responses

[2005-07-18] I am being overcharged for my hosting since April. Please refund all of the over charged amounts to my credit card and cancel the hosting as well.

[2005-07-20] I want to make sure I get refunded the overcharge payment, I think discontinuing service should come secondary.

The domain name is ************. My login info is *****. The person that forwarded this information should have also forwarded this along.

Here is the payment history for my account, which should have been charged QUARTERLY in the amount of $20.85.

1/29/2005 - $20.85 (This covers Feb, March and April @ $6.95 per month)
    3/1/2005 - $20.85 (This covers May, June and July @ $6.95 per month)
    3/25/2005 - $20.85 (THIS IS AN OVERCHARGE)
    7/17/2005 - $20.85 (THIS IS AN OVERCHARGE)

I am owed $41.70. Please refund that amount and discontinue services on the 29th, which I am paid up to.

Lastly, most of the time the website was down anyway due to my supposed "non-payment".

Thanks for looking into this promptly.

[2005-07-25] What is the status on this? I'd appreciate a prompt response, thank you!

[2005-08-09] How is it humanly possible that this issue is still not resolved? Do I seriously need to have my lawyer deal with, just so I can get my $41 dollars back? What kind of customer service is this, where you overcharge people and then it takes 3 weeks and STILL nothing!!!

Please get some people in your company that can do common math. Seriously... If I not resolved by this Friday I will also "elevate" this issue and just let my lawyer deal with it, I have him on retainer anyway, for MUCH bigger issues than this crap. Im also going to start looking through online forums, I hope to find other customers with similar issues so that I can see what can be done about this. Give me MY money back.

-A very pissed off customer

Responses from Customer Support
    [2005-07-18] Noel,

Would you please provide me with the domain name and the login info of your hosting control panel so we can verify and discontinue the services.

Thank you

Alex McLean
    1st Level Senior Manager

How can they be so incompetent to handle a simple situation ? They really can't, can they ? These "billing" issues seem to be more about charging and holding onto monies as long as possible. They know that $42 is hardly worth getting an attorney involved in.

What you should do now, is write to ICANN with this evidence. Also, contact the Attorney General's office about the company and explain your situation to them. With enough people complaining to the New Jersey Attorney General's Office, they may understand there's a real problem and not just an occasional misunderstanding.

The email for them is: [email protected]

Or call: (973) 504-6200