A drink that burns calories!

NEW YORK Coca-Cola is planning to launch Enviga, a soda that is said to burn 50 to 100 calories just by drinking a 12-oz. serving, next year, per one executive.
    Full Story:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...edfor2006debut

What do you guys thing about it?

Jeff
    Xoopiter.com:: The new standard in Web Hosting

So I could eat a Big Mac and drink three liters of this stuff, and I'd come out roughly ahead?

interesting... I drink 5 - 6 cokes a day so does that mean i'll be a tooth pick by the end of the month?
    Kerry Jones

It fails to mention how many calories are in the drink
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

Why does the word 'Dasani' spring to mind My trust in coca-cola is non-existent!

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
    Why does the word 'Dasani' spring to mind My trust in coca-cola is non-existent!
    Why is that? I've always found Dasani to be reliable water.

Nice. I recently switched from Pepsi to Pepsi One because I was putting on some serious pounds. Since the switch, I've dropped about 10 pounds ... now, if I could consume something and lose calories ... that would just be incredible.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Originally posted by IvialisRyan
    Why is that? I've always found Dasani to be reliable water.
    Geez. Don't get me started on bottled water.

Dasani (Coke), like AquaFina (Pepsi) are both reconstituted tap water. Not spring water. They take tap water, strip it down, then reconstitute it with their blend of minerals.

For my money, a purchased bottle of (non-carbonated) water should not go "Fssshhhttt" when you open it.

Not to mention the fact that if I ever open up a bottle of Dasani or Aquafina, I have never been able to finish it due to the "off" taste.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Really.... Hmm, I actually always prefer the purified tap water. For me, it's the spring water that has the "off" taste.

A matter of taste, I suppose. Personally, I prefer the water out of the ground rather than tap water redone...

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

How exactly does it work? Sounds like it could have some negative side affects towards the end of digestion.

a gimmick! YAY!

Nothing can "burn calories" there are various studies on negative calorie foods such as celery etc... in theory your body burns more calories digesting the food then the calories in the food. But a lot of research has proven it bs as well.

Want a 0 calorie drink that won't give you cancer? ... how about a nice cup of WATER?

Tap water is dangerous where i live.

Originally posted by Jay Suds
    Nice. I recently switched from Pepsi to Pepsi One because I was putting on some serious pounds. Since the switch, I've dropped about 10 pounds ... now, if I could consume something and lose calories ... that would just be incredible.
    Wow! Ten pounds of straight Pepsi??

Originally posted by Take-IT-EZZI
    6 months after this thing comes out they will tell us it causes cancer, or heart disease or impotence or blindness or something.
    But you know people are going to buy it and think they're burning calories while drinking it without any side effects
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I won't be drinking it, coca-cola prefer to use their customers as test subjects. The sad thing is, you'll get 100,000's of overweight people paying outrageous ammounts for this stuff, drinking as much as they can possibly consume. To find out three months later they've got some god-awful disease and they've got three days to live.

I honestly wouldn't be suprised if they put tape-worms in and assumed nobody would notice.