Anyone here know C?

For Java there are programs like BlueJ and Eclipse to compile and run your program, and I think for C++ there is Code Warrior. Is there such a program for C that is free and runs on the Windows?

Thanks.

Any C++ IDE will be able to compile and run C code. So if you have code warrior use that.

There is Dev-C++ -- which is supposed to be free, but I have never used it personally. Back in my C/C++ days, I used Borland Developer and Visual Studio.

Re: Anyone here know C?

Originally posted by Kit
    For Java there are programs like BlueJ and Eclipse to compile and run your program, and I think for C++ there is Code Warrior. Is there such a program for C that is free and runs on the Windows?

Thanks.
    Bah IDE's are for pansies. All you need is a good editor, GCC, GNU Make, and the command line.

The Eclipse Project has a nice plugin to use for C++ editing & compiling at: http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/

You'll need to download DJGPP or GCC to use for a compiler. Both are free to download on Windows & Linux.

Thanks!
    Rack Geek, LLC
    Proactive Systems Administration - Managed Hosting - Wordpress Consulting - Security Audits
    Call us: 877-970-7225

use Visual Studio, Borland products
    HostNodeList Web Host Directory, DEV.INTOEX.COM - products for online business

Experienced web-developer | PHP | Smarty | Zend | Databases | Graphic design - looking for long-time relationship

If you plan to do web development you may want to consider C#.

Cheers

Thanks guys!

Bah IDE's are for pansies. All you need is a good editor, GCC, GNU Make, and the command line.
    That may be true, but I don't have much time on my hands. I have other classes I need to worry about so I figure that an IDE will probably save me some time. I know this probably isn't the best idea in the long run, but I'd rather just start programming without worrying about other stuff. Especially since I will only need it for one small program.

Kit, you can always use the DOS style Turbo-C [works on Windows].

I still prefer Microsoft Visual C++.

- Tomer
    Christmas time is among us, get your loved ones Designer Fragrances

Kit, you can always use the DOS style Turbo-C [works on Windows].
    I'll look into that. I wasn't aware I could use Eclipose for C and now that I know, I may end up just using that because I'm more familar/comfortable with that.

The application itself is very simple - but works.

You can download it here [you have to configure the directories before you can work it]

http://70.85.145.153/other/other/tc.zip

- Tomer
    Christmas time is among us, get your loved ones Designer Fragrances

I'll agree that the enforced approach that an IDE entails can sometimes be infuriating, but they have their benefits.

If you're making use of any APIs, an IDE with intellisense is a very handy tool and becomes increasingly useful the larger the project, especially so with OO languages. In this respect, a simple editor doesn't provide you with any assistance and I would be skeptical of anyone that waves that assistance aside. Spend enough time repeating basic tasks -- such as opening the source file which contains the code block you wish to edit and then navigating to it -- and the worth of a _good_ IDE can be appreciated.
    Last edited by cerebis; 07-31-2005 at 09:46 AM.