Loking for a good host (I'm sure this has been asked many times, sorry)

Again i'm sorry that i am asking this as i am sure it has been asked many many times.

The cost isn't that big of a deal.
    I am looking for something with alot of space
    A decent amount of bandwidth
    And pretty much unlimited everything else, such as emails subdomains ect..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Loking for a good host (I'm sure this has been asked many times, sorry)

What is your price range? What type of sites would you be hosting by chance?

There are many hosts that might be good for you.

Originally posted by midgetspwnbad
    Again i'm sorry that i am asking this as i am sure it has been asked many many times.

The cost isn't that big of a deal.
    I am looking for something with alot of space
    A decent amount of bandwidth
    And pretty much unlimited everything else, such as emails subdomains ect..

Thanks in advance for your help!

What do you consider as a decent amount of bandwidth and a lot of disk space?

Price range.. $5-20 willing to pay more if i have to.

Decent amount of space and bandwidth probably about 5-10GB and 50+GB

What will you be hosting on it? Videos? Regular website? Cron jobs? Reason I ask is some hosts have that amount of disk space and bandwidth around that price, but wont host certain things.

Videos, Regular website, And also me and a couple friends will be practicing security related things on there, (i don't really know how that works.... If there is a 'hacking' attempt on the website, is it my choice as the customer or the webhosts choice as the server owner as far as reporting the 'hacking' attempt on the website to the proper authorities)

Back when I had a reseller account, I really enjoyed my time at A Small Orange. http://www.asmallorange.com

Tim and his staff have excellent customer support and the Shared servers are not overcrowded.
    Steve Lundy - Web Design GT
    Custom & Professional website design services.
    Find Out More!

Nice to hear that price isn't a big deal, for a change...
    Seriously, I can only recommend a couple of hosts I use myself, and which I chose after doing a lot of research on major companies. I looked at the customer reputation, and found it varied a lot between hosts.
    I can recommend M***o, S***5, I*************g, and D*******t.

(Guess I'm in a humorous mood right now!)
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I would say you will be paying close to $20 if your looking for high amounts like the ones stated above.

Be careful with hosts that cannot offer what is listed, especially if you actually need those requirements.

Best of luck!
    GenerousWebHosting.com Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Hey midgetspwnbad

Welcome to WHT. Take a look in the offers forums down at the bottom there. There are many hosts that will be able to fit your bill with no problem at all.

Best of luck.

I would suggest having a look at some of the directories around the web. Many of them allow you to do a search for hosts' offerings by space and bandwidth. Webhostdir.com is a good dexample for instance. Many hosts will have offerings to meet that demand.
    [color=#666666]Ackoo Solutions, LLC

And also me and a couple friends will be practicing security related things on there, (i don't really know how that works.... If there is a 'hacking' attempt on the website, is it my choice as the customer or the webhosts choice as the server owner as far as reporting the 'hacking' attempt on the website to the proper authorities)
    I believe you'd be walking on very thin ice there. If you want to practice hacking, the better choice would be to setup your own server at home (IMO).

Originally posted by ldcdc
    I believe you'd be walking on very thin ice there. If you want to practice hacking, the better choice would be to setup your own server at home (IMO).
    yeah that would be best, i don't think any admins would like seeing rootkits installed and the like
    Neil McGeehan
    Reseller Web Hosting - At YouGotHosting, we provide affordable, reliable, dependable web hosting.
    Providing quality service since 2002