How much time is taken ?

Hello,

I had a VPS, now got dedicated. I need to change my nameservers ip address to new ip address i got from dedciated.

How much time it will take to update those IP's in whole of the world ? Or is it instant ?

Thanks.

from few hours to 72 hours. this is depend from your dns zone settings and also from time which setting in each dns servers in the world (dns cache refresh time). for example if your ISP set above tme to day or more, you will not be able connect to your domain using this provider (but if you have some proxy - you can).
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Hi,

woah thats too much. Can i reduce downtime to like 12 hours or so ? Please help me

Thanks.

DNS upgrades can't be made any faster. That's the way DNS works. It takes anywhere from 12-72 hours to propagate around the world. You can't control all the DNS servers in the world. Also, just FYI, it doesn't make your hosting company look good when you ask questions like this...people won't trust your level of support. You might want to consider taking some classes on Linux and/or reading some books on it, and in the meantime hiring a server admin to manage your server.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Yes, unfortunately it is not possible as SolidJoe correct say above.
    But, you can speedup your moving if you have some knowledge in dns and ip addressing.
    Some technique for realizing this already posted on WHT. Just try search with "moving accounts" and etc. words.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168