How about Yahoo domain registrar?

I have always used dotster but I noticed that yahoo offers domains for only $5 per year, are they considered a good domain host? I just want to purchase a new domain, change the nameservers, and I am set. Thanks

Many customers I've hosted that have registered with Yahoo had problems updating their DNS servers over. I don't like Yahoo.

They use melbourne IT's backend which is pretty robust.
    Domain Maven

The OC
    I've never used them, but I believe somebody posted recently on here that it was difficult to transfer away from Yahoo. And support was difficult because Yahoo blamed Melbourne IT and Melbourne IT blamed Yahoo with the customer stuck in the middle.

Like I say, though, I really don't know because I've never used them. You should try doing a search here at WHT and see what you can find.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Yes changing owners is very difficult with yahoo also editing is abit messy aswell i would try much better in my opinion.

I have tried Yahoo just to check the service / support / stability but it really is messy so I decided to stay with Registerfly
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Yahoo dumps names really cheap so people come in an buy other services. I do not think they are known for support
    Domain Maven

The last time I check Yahoo will not let you transfer names to another registar.

I used them at first when I got started with domains but would not recommend them to anyone.