domainsite vs. namecheap and a little about 000domains

Ok, here it goes again: I'm (almost blindly) choosing between namecheap and domainsite as a registrar. I have no problems with the price difference of the two, rather more concerned with their support and services. Anyone who has past experiences with them?

Also, I only found out yesterday that 000domains was bought by dotster. I never really realized this as I'm the type who buys a domain and leave it as is long as its working ok. I'm only able to get in touch with their support when there's real problem going on (which is nada as of the moment). Anyway, does anyone noticed any drop in level of support after the buy-out? I was really impressed by the kind of support with the original owners and was wondering how the new ones compares to them.

I've used both and would whole hartedly go with namecheap.

FYI: DomainSite and 000Domains are ICANN-accredited registrars. I have used the former (DomainSite) myself and found it good.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Exactly another thing that I want to ask: what difference would it be if I'll use an ICANN-accredited registrar? I mean would it even have a direct impact on me as a user? Does it necessarily spell stability (business-wise, etc.) and guarantees the "safety" of my domains?

Personally, I don't think it makes any difference at all whether they are an ICANN accredited registrar or a reseller for an ICANN accredited registrar.

Besides, NameCheap is pretty darn close to becoming an ICANN accredited registrar themselves (actually I think they are going to buy out one of the other registrars).

I've used DomainSite and NameCheap and think they're both excellent choices. I do think I like NameCheap's domain name control panel better, though.
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

If you are looking for quick 000domains type support at a similar price then try www.netsol.com 's $11.95 offer (valid until July 30, 2005)

000domains.com in the past had the best support around. I have not used them in many years.
    Domain Maven