CPANEL WHM and Parking or A naming a domain

Hello,

I have a reseller account I have WHM and Cpanel.

Any way mymaindomain.com had all of my webfiles index.html and what not.

I want to set up newdomain.com and have it point to (not forward but point to) mymaindomain.com and also point mobile.newdomain.com to mymaindomain.com.

I mean that when some one goes to newdomain.com/ it pulls the index.html from mymaindomain public_html folder. and when they click on a link that say takes them to contact.html the address is newdomain.com/contact.html.

I don't know that parking is what I want since I want newdomain.com to have its own email address just not its own public_html.

I tried to edit the zone
    newdomain.com. 14400 IN A 1.1.1.228

Where 1.1.1.228 is the iP of mymaindomain.com

here was the responce:

zone newdomaina.com/IN: loaded serial 2005072802
    OK

Bind reloading on saturn using rndc zone: [newdomaina.com]
    Bind reloading on mercury using rndc zone: [newdomaina.com]
    Bind reloading on neptune using rndc zone: [newdomaina.com]
    Bind reloading on jupiter using rndc zone: [newdomaina.com]

Zone Modified!

But when I go to newdomain.com it still pulls up its own public_html not the mydomain.com public_html??

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Chris

Hello CWheat,
    Actually your newdomain.com is not "Parked" it is added as an "addon" domain and hence it is pulling the index page of its own. You do not require to modify the zones for adding the parked domain, just delete the zone that you have added and then using the "cpanel" add the newdomain.com as parked domain, cpanel will atuomatically create the zone and .db file for the newdomain.com and add the "virtualblock" entery for the newdomain.com to point to the public_html folder of your "mymaindomain.com" that's it.

If this is confusing to you and if you have the root access to the server then open httpd.conf file find the "newdomain.com" and set the 'DocumentRoot' value as /home/yourusername/public_html (where yourusername is the username of mymaindomain.com) and then restart the webserver. Your newdomain.com will now fetch the pages from mymaindomain.com.