Hybrid View

How to get rid of this site?

Plain and simple how do I get rid of this website? www.godhatesfags.com

I have no patience for any other type of responses other than ones that tell me how I would go about getting this site shut down. Thanks.

Do you own the site, or are you promoting it by actually saying "i hate this site"? That would be a clever way to get all of us to go to it. Regardles... I found some of it to be kind of funny. But then again, my beliefs may not be the same as yours.

A good start would be editing your original post to remove the link, so they don't benefit from the traffic. You can always word the question "How do I go about getting a site with [describe objectionable content here] remove?"

That's about all I can say. If I were to respond to your question and methods truthfully, you would have no patience for that portion of the response.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

They're on EV1 Servers.

EV1 AUP - http://www.ev1servers.net/english/aboutus/aup.asp

Dig in there. Maybe you'll find something interesting...
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

As much as I abhor that site and its message, I am reminded that it isn't popular speech that needs protection, rather unpopular speech. As far as I can tell they don't advocate any sort of violence, rather vocally expression their interpretation of the bible. If I remember an interview I once saw with Fred Phelps, they feel they are providing a service to homosexuals, but letting them know what they (Phelps) believes.

Once again, I don't agree with anything they say and in fact I find them terribly offensive. So I just don't pay attention to them.
    --

Just another bunch or morons there, but it is their right to publish that site and your freedom of speach is based on your respect of that right.

Yes, that's the answer. Lets shutdown all the sites that we don't agree with, then we can start burning the books we don't agree with too!

You don't get rid of the site.
    The same way "they" whomever they are, don't get rid of yours.

Free speech, enjoy it while it lasts.

Write a complaint letter to ev1.
    It just might work.
    Although even if ev1 shuts them down, they are very likely to just move on to some other host.

I feel sorry for these children as they are probably going to grow up with hateful views.
    http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ghfmi...20_shirts7.jpg

There are many more pictures like this.
    Last edited by E_man3; 07-28-2005 at 11:56 PM.

It looks like EV1's data center has been hosting that site for a very long time. I'm sure others have tried to have it removed.

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...dhatesfags.com
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Fred Phelps is a horrible man. I've heard quite a bit about him over the years, and have seen everyone from Michael Moore to Morgan Spurlock (Supersize Me) try to talk some sense into him.

I know someone's bound to start quoting a Founding Father shortly regarding freedom etc, but I'm of the opinion that these kind of people do a lot more harm than good.
    Originally posted by RSayer
    Do you own the site, or are you promoting it by actually saying "i hate this site"? That would be a clever way to get all of us to go to it. Regardles... I found some of it to be kind of funny. But then again, my beliefs may not be the same as yours.
    I'm glad we don't share the same sense of humor, and I worry about your 'beliefs'.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    I'm glad we don't share the same sense of humor, and I worry about your 'beliefs'.
    Aw Greg, I appreciate that. But please, don't lose sleep over it, I don't!

Edit: BTW, re-reading your post, I have to question whether you are concerned with my beliefs toward religion or homosexuality. My comment about beliefs were geared toward religion and the bible, not towards 'gay people'. One of my best friends in a gay guy I've known since high school. He's great, and I hold nothing against gay people. I say, whatever floats your boat. My religious beliefs are things I like to not go into too much detail about simply because they may differ from others and I'm not really interested in being critisized for my views on religion, etc..

Anyway, I wasn't sure if you were concerned with the wrong beliefs, but now you know.
    Last edited by Rich; 07-29-2005 at 02:38 AM.