Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow guys.

Unbeleiveable.

Regards,
    Anthony B.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually you were lucky to find a host that would allow free hosting on an unlimited account. Most have it as not allowed in their TOS/AUP.

What exactly are you complaining about? You said you made backups of all the sites and he refunded your money. Whats the problem?

Looks to me like the host was more then fair with you.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi All. I've sent an e-mail to the hosting company about them not letting people have free hosts on their servers.

Here is the reply:

Contact From FatNetwork.net

We have no provisions against free hosting, however, from experience, "free hosts" attract many many many of the worst types of clients (spammers, warez junkies, etc) and cause a lot of downtime. Of course, we do have a few successful "free" hosts who proactively monitor their accounts and they run the service successfully, so I suppose it depends on how you run your business!

Regards,
    Rick
    Fat Network Internet Services
    Reseller hosting the easy way!
    support@FatNetwork.net
    http://www.fatnetwork.net

This guy is a lier and a scammer.

Check out this link also:

http://namepros.com/showthread.php?t=90032

If you don't want to read the whole thread. It's basicly that TheBush and another member teamed up for webhosting. They got probably around 60+ members that all paid for atleast one month (Some a lot more than that). Well, after a couple of weeks they shut the host down. Said they didn't have enough money. They did not give any refund to their members, even if they paid yearly and only recieved 2 weeks of service.

Funny thing with that is, if they say they didn't have enough money to continue, why did they each make a new host with 5 days after they shut that host down?

Which is where the site point link comes in, now he's trying to scam people he's making $1,000 a month on free users that didn't have ads on their website (Atleast they didn't when I checked).

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...5&page=4&pp=25

THIS GUY IS A SCAMMER. BEWARE!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the namespro link but I guess you must be a member to view it.

I saw where he was asked why he was banned from namepros, he flat out refused to go into it. I also saw on his own forum where a bunch of "new posters" suggested clicking "atleast 12 times a day" on his adsense ads. I think his next topic will be asking why he got banned from adsense.

Dave
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Fewski you are wrong.

Not what happend with MangoWebs.

Regards,
    Anthony B.
      0 Not allowed!

Bush, I went ahead and signed up to namepros so I could see first hand the vicious lie being spread by Fewski. Turns out that what he says is the truth, even as stated by you

1 month after beginning:

After a long journey, MangoWebs has very bad news. Neil and I have come to a mutual agreement, and we are having to get rid of MangoWebs.

Im not sure how to say this because its hard for me but--

1. There will be no refunds
    2. You have 7 days to find a new host before all accounts go offline.
    We are barely making enough to pay for the server and script licenses, etc. We wanted to provide quality and affordable hosting, and we did for a while but with the amount people are paying it's not working for us. We dedicated all of our time into trying to provide the quality support you need but we are unable to continue providing these services and dedicating all our time on earning nothing at all. We are very sorry to make this hard decision but we feel that it's our only option.
    You took peoples money for 3 months to a year of hosting, provided 1 month and then bolted. Please do not attempt to tell us that Fewski is the liar.

Dave
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

I was not finished reading the whole NP thread (still am not) when posting above.

I am in total shock at the arrogance. The quotes in the above thread were dated 7-1, in the SAME thread dated 7-4, just 3 days later...
    If anyone needs hosting, I reccommend my new host, which wont be going down this time.

It is operated by me, and me only. Free 1 month hosting for anyone who signs up today, and free 2 months of hosting for any mangowebs customer.

Must sign up today though!
    Though incredible, I would not say that you went into any of it attempting to scam people, I believe you to have tried your best on both your current site which is for sale and the former site which had to close its doors.

I would say however, if you ever tried opening up another site like this that you would be scamming people. At this point, when you have gave your best 2 times and ended up with the worst results I have seen in a long time, taking peoples money yet again would be outright theft.

Then again allowing the many posts on your forum encouraging defrauding google by clicking atleast a dozen times a day, is outright theft.

ok I guess he was right with the scammer bit...sorry.

Dave
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

Never buy of hosting companies who:

A) Sell on Ebay

B) "Unlimited" offers

C) Both of the above
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheBush
    Fewski you are wrong.

Not what happend with MangoWebs.
    Please enlighten me on what happened to MangoWebs?

Seems to me, I recapped what you said in the Namepros.com thread.

END IT NOW.
      0 Not allowed!

Whatever Fewski.

Regards,
    Anthony B.
      0 Not allowed!

Well this thread confuses me, all I have to add is that I wouldn't allow "Free Hosts" on my servers either, because yes you get tons of abuse - unfortunate but true.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).
      0 Not allowed!

What I find ballsy of some ppl in this thread is how they are tyring to make TheBush seem like he's done something wrong because FatNetworks (which btw DOES NOT HAVE THE BEST REP) kicked him because he was giving away FREE hosting accounts.

The MangoWeb affair dealt with paid accounts, from all intents and purposes looks like simple lack of planning, etc. Apples and oranges.

And Fewski, seems to me that FatNetworks are skirting the issue. Are they saying that TheBush wasn't "monitoring" is sites and that's why he was kicked? Don't see anything that suggests that yet.

Not to mention, I see nothing concerning this matter in their TOS:
    https://fatnetwork.net/acceptable_use.shtml
    Last edited by ArtieFishill; 07-31-2005 at 12:41 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ArtieFishill
    What I find ballsy of some ppl in this thread is how they are tyring to make TheBush seem like he's done something wrong because FatNetworks (which btw DOES NOT HAVE THE BEST REP) kicked him because he was giving away FREE hosting accounts.

The MangoWeb affair dealt with paid accounts, from all intents and purposes looks like simple lack of planning, etc. Apples and oranges.

And Fewski, seems to me that FatNetworks are skirting the issue. Are they saying that TheBush wasn't "monitoring" is sites and that's why he was kicked? Don't see anything that suggests that yet.

Not to mention, I see nothing concerning this matter in their TOS:
    https://fatnetwork.net/acceptable_use.shtml
    The e-mail I received back was that they DO ACCEPT FREE WEB HOSTING. Where did I say he wasn't montering his sites? I posted the e-mail from the webhosting company saying they do allow those types of bussiness.

Whatever the reason, it looks like he is saying he got dropped from that webhosting place because of something other than what he said.

Look at the other stuff, he scammed people at Namepros.com (People sent him money for hosting, then he shutdown his service saying he didn't have any more and then started another one back up with the next week.).

Look at sitepoint.com, he is selling is site there. Although he claims that the host wouldn't NEVER go down. How do you know it won't go down if you don't even own it???!!

This is a scammer, why don't you see it?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by TheBush
    No matter what, stay away from this host.

It will only cause trouble
    So basically, you're upset that this host didn't keep his word. I also registered at NamePros to read 'that thread'. I'm not sure whether to call your problem with this host ironic or hypocritical.

...because FatNetworks ... kicked him because he was giving away FREE hosting accounts...
    This certainly hasn't been established. You know the saying, AF -- "there are always two sides to the story".

These apples were the paid customers of those oranges/mangoes. This server is hosting the refugees Anthony feels obligated to host as he is unable to provide them with refunds, it appears. The last server with these customers on it was blacklisted for originating spam. The operators of that server seemed pretty upset that people expected the business to be monitored when they were off on vacation.

You don't? I do. I read the NamePros thread and concluded that while a host should keep quiet entirely about termination issues (they certainly aren't required to account for their decision in public) FatNet dropped quite a plausible hint. They might have also decided to research how the Mango boys managed to get blacklisted within their first month of operation?

Anthony, you're lucky you have yet to reach the age of majority. The rest of us have some rules to follow and dire consequences for playing fast and loose with them as you appear to be.

You and your partner collected money for services which you in turn failed to render. Stating that no refunds are possible and offering to host Mango customers for free, doesn't mean you can point to the customers you still host and say nobody was defrauded. They weren't faced with an alternative means of recovering what they had already paid, except to accept your terms.

You can't point to your partner and say, "Well if anyone got any money it was him so go talk to him." That matter is between you and him and subject to the terms of your partnership. When you offered free hosting to Mango customers, you assumed liability for claims against the company. If someone chooses to enforce a claim against you and demand a refund, they are entitled. If you choose to attempt to recover half the awarded sum from your ex-partner, fine, but it's beside the point.

Now, you're selling matzoo, or at least trying to. You're a minor and can get away with anything in this situation. In the real world, anyone demanding their money back from Mango in full would be able to get it from you and the courts would order your wages garnished to do it. If you have no income, they will liquidate your assets. If you sell a company, those proceeds will go to your creditors, not your trip to Michigan.

The only proper way for you to address this, is to agree to pay any demands for a refund. Since you cannot pay out these refunds, put it against an escrow account. If anyone does pay you anything for matzoo, that money needs to go into the escrow account. Any money left in that account *after* settling old claims against you can be spent starting new hosting companies or on vacation.

That way, you'll have done the right thing and your credibility won't be called into question when you have a problem with a host.
    Last edited by BigBison; 07-31-2005 at 02:16 AM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...
      0 Not allowed!

For further FatNetwork related reading, check out my "Quad Xeon Servers ( AKA Dual Xeons with Hyperthreading )" thread...
    J. Michael Katip • mike [at] BlueDotLabs [dot] com • www.BlueDotLabs.com
    FREE ClientExec Billing Software • FREE Design Templates
    Discounted GeoTrust SSL Certifcates (FREE Installation)
    25% OFF ALL STANDARD & RESELLER HOSTING PLANS COUPON CODE: "WHT25OFF"
      0 Not allowed!

Hosting solutions found on ebay are usually horrible horrible experiences, from what I hear. Plus I wouldn't expect anything more then a scam if the company relies on biddings to bring in their customers. It has always seemed odd.

-Chris
      0 Not allowed!

I would not count anything TheBush says due to his credablity, nothing more too it.

Weather they removed him because it was a free host or for other reasons, you will not know only they will be able to confirm that.

TheBush attempted to sell the free host on sitepoint claiming revenue he could NOT prove and he specifcally said that.

You even had the cheak to call someone an idiot for what? telling the truth? It seems the only idiot here is you.

The legitimacy of your thread has to be questioned due to you reputation which you have bought apon yourself.

The victims here are your free hosting customers, and also the paid customers from before not yourself.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by wolfserve
    Did a little bit of research for you:

1 - Couldn't find any incorporarion information(BC or Canada) for a "Fat Network" (this info can be found on the Canada Stategis website).

2 - Found 3 domains under "Fat Network Inc". Same Owner.

http://www.fatnetwork.ca/

Registrar: DomainsAtCost Corp.
    Registrar-no: 45
    Registrant-no: 1078273
    Domaine-no: 1078273
    Subdomain: fatnetwork.ca
    Renewal-Date: 2005/11/05
    Date-Approved: 2004/11/05
    Date-Modified: 2004/11/05
    Organization: Fat Network Inc
    Description:
    Admin-Name: Rick Orford
    Admin-Title:
    Admin-Postal: Fat Network Inc
    202-2277 E.30th Ave
    Vancouver BC V5N5N1 Canada
    Admin-Phone: 7788813537
    Admin-Fax:
    Admin-Mailbox: rick@fatnetwork.net
    Tech-Name: Rick Orford
    Tech-Title:
    Tech-Postal: Fat Network Inc
    202-2277 E.30th Ave
    Vancouver BC V5N5N1 Canada
    Tech-Phone: 7788813537
    Tech-Fax:
    Tech-Mailbox: rick@fatnetwork.net
    NS1-Hostname: dns1.fatnetwork.com
    NS1-Netaddress: 69.93.254.18
    NS2-Hostname: dns2.fatnetwork.com
    NS2-Netaddress: 69.93.254.19

fatnetwork.net and fatnetwork.com

Registrant:
    Fat Network Inc.
    #345 477 Peace Portal Dr.
    Suite 107
    Blaine, Washington 98230
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: FATNETWORK.NET
    Created on: 10-Jun-03
    Expires on: 10-Jun-07
    Last Updated on: 06-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
    Orford, Rick domains@fatnetwork.com
    Fat Network Inc.
    Suite 107
    Blaine, Washington 98230
    United States
    7788813537 Fax --
    Technical Contact:
    Orford, Rick domains@fatnetwork.com
    Fat Network Inc.
    Suite 107
    Blaine, Washington 98230
    United States
    7788813537 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    DNS1.FATNETWORK.COM
    DNS2.FATNETWORK.COM

3 - Ran the Washington Address through Google.

Petal Attraction
    477 PEACE PORTAL DR STE 107
    BLAINE, WA 98230-4229

Looks like the same suite to me...
    Interesting thread to say the least ...

but to add to people's confusion about having contacts in both BC and Washington, Blaine is just across the border from BC. So with regular traffic and the border crossing it is probably under 45 minutes drive. Realise BC has no real big highways and traffic lights generally are not timed to each other, so it takes longer to get anywhere. But to add to this it's not uncommon for people to A) be residents of Canada/US and live near the border and commute for work or business, or B) marry one of those hot BC girls and move into Vancouver, esp since Blaine is "just across the street" from the border (well sort of.) ok... my useless comments, carry on...
      0 Not allowed!

What do you mean BC has no big highways and traffic lights are not timed to each other?

That's quite an untrue comment. Roads are roads, whether in Canada or the USA.
    --
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MStar
    What do you mean BC has no big highways and traffic lights are not timed to each other?

That's quite an untrue comment. Roads are roads, whether in Canada or the USA.
    I know this is getting completely off topic, but I feel the topic has been well discussed, so... having lived in BC and in different areas of the US, a. traffic lights around Vancouver are not timed *together* ... they are timed in the sense that they change after so many seconds, but where it really lacks is in traffic movement. Also if anyone has driven the 101, that is pretty much what the 1 is in BC. Most of its a 2 lane highway, with spots where it branches into 4 lanes (2 each way). It also ends far from downtown so you spend another 15 - 30 minutes driving thru congested traffic to get a short distance. Where as freeways, which are usually 3-4 lanes each way (6-8 total), go thru major cities, so you can take an exit into the downtown core.
      0 Not allowed!

Steamboat Springs created a "Transportation Director" position a decade ago, in response to public complaints about mistimed traffic lights on U.S. Highway 40 through town. Not the easiest thing for a municipal government to do on a federal highway. I grew up in Fort Collins, a city whose lights weren't properly timed until the past year or two.

It's a political hot potato, I believe you Marble.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by BigBison
    Steamboat Springs created a "Transportation Director" position a decade ago, in response to public complaints about mistimed traffic lights on U.S. Highway 40 through town. Not the easiest thing for a municipal government to do on a federal highway. I grew up in Fort Collins, a city whose lights weren't properly timed until the past year or two.

It's a political hot potato, I believe you Marble.

Its one of those things where Vancouver is growing extremely fast, yet somehow the roads haven't changed much. Plus BC drivers are horrible. I'm so glad I live downtown and don't have to drive on a regular basis. I'd be everyday...
      0 Not allowed!

Closed at the request of the thread starter.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12