VrtServers

- Very SLOW response, near 3 days
    - 1 week server setup
    - Rude service
    - takes 3 days to reboot a server

Forget this provider.

Cherri ,

I know few things about VRT:
    1) They doing fullDesign to there company (phisicly)
    2) They Hiring now more tech admins
    3) VRT done contract with new hardware providers and this days will start install Remote Reboot ports on all servers - means all clients will enjoy from Remote Reboot without adding extra fee.
    4) Soon they will have Phone support that will be covered by 24x7 human stuff.

VRT's CEO knows about all the issues right now and he is working very hard in order to bring his company into another level.

I have no connection to VRT,I'm not working for VRT but i do know the owner very well and he is wonderful person and he really care of his clients.

You can always contact his NOC CTO at:
    [email protected]
    or contact CEO by [email protected]

Thank you for your comment, xpserv.com.

Yes, I know the "CEO" of Vrt - Jimmy.

I DID have a MSN experence to him, not a rude person. However, he is doing thing extraordinarily. We are just requesting a OS restore, but what he is replying is:

"It SEEMS that the server was requested to be cancelled."

You don't have a record?? We haven't cancelled any server. After we have receive this KIND of response, no more response in next 7 days.

Our customer's sever has been stopped for 7 days till the renewal date.

Do youi think he's caring his customer?

I don't think so.

Yes, if you are a busy guy. ONE response per day is far more acceptable than NO response at all.

When I started they were very good, quick and stay with me all the time till the problem was fix. However technically they were so so, but they made up for it by been there till it was resolved.

Frankly I like their network. Their connection to Asia is very good. Ping is always below 200ms.

Finally I have to give up the service, it become very slow and Jimmy is not there all the time anymore. I can't blame him he has to rest. I wonder was there anyone else beside him. So I decided to move on.

When VRT grow, I might reconsider their service again, provided feedback about them improve.

One update.

All of my servers has been shuted down for no reason.

There are three sides to every story. The customers side, the host side and the truth

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by vaserv
    There are three sides to every story. The customers side, the host side and the truth

Rus

Yes. We have paid but the servers are all down.

Red face The VrtServers Story, The Big Fraud in Dedicated Servers.

Incident: All 10 Servers were closed down.

We: All servers are now inaccessible..

Vrt: The only server that can be put immediately is only:
    bah bah bah, I'm not sure with other server. If you want to re-order, we can do that.

We: What do you mean re-order? The server haven't been expired, why did you close them down?

Vrt: The log says that your account is closed by request from the owner.

We:
    No, we haven't request close down the server.
    We just asked you do not charge the credit card automatically, because we don't know whether our customer renew or not.
    Can you please re-open the servers?

Vrt:
    If you want to renew the server, then we require a payment in advance because we will probably have to put a new server.

We:
    The server HAS NOT expired..... why renew a server when the server hasn't expire?

Vrt:
    Because it was closed by request.

We:
    That means there is no way we can get back our server as well as data, right?

Vrt:
    It's possible depending on the server is already reformatted or not.

What we can say is:
    "We have trusted a fraud".

Sigh.

I tried calling them, the number on their website is a cell phone!

I'm sure there is another side to this story, but you should have seen this coming. Their order page is taking credit cards over a standard http connection
    Mark

Yes there is another side of the story.. It's called "People need to stop being stupid and sending their money to "companies" that are little more then some kid on a PC in his basement"...

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    Yes there is another side of the story.. It's called "People need to stop being stupid and sending their money to "companies" that are little more then some kid on a PC in his basement"...
    I'm really disappointed in your kid stereotype.

If I recall correctly, here in Regina, SK, there were 2 kids who started up in their basement selling hosting to friends, and after 5 years of great service, it turned into a multi million dollar business.

Well that indeed is a great story and is about one in a million chance of happening again.. I'm afraid vrtservers does not fit into that business mold..

For lack of a better analogy you have a better chance of seeing god then making a million dollars hosting websites today..

I think someone needs a cookie.
    Adam Lawson - AQORN
    OpenStack Professional Services. Commercial Support. Open-Source Cloud Management
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member & Corporate Sponsor
    Our Clients: AT&T | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

Hah, well you never know!

I for sure is one of the victims as well. Paid for a server that was never put online and dozens of emails arent replied. Will probably try to call (but not sure as someone said its a cellphone).

We can say nothing more towards this company, just look out your steps when you decide to choose this company.

Actually we don't want there is another victim.

Being f**ked by 20 customers is surely not a good feel.

I feel sorry for the customers of the guy who got screwed by vrt. :/

Re: The VrtServers Story, The Big Fraud in Dedicated Servers.

Originally posted by Cherri-Jeffery
    Incident: All 10 Servers were closed down.

We: All servers are now inaccessible..

Vrt: The only server that can be put immediately is only:
    bah bah bah, I'm not sure with other server. If you want to re-order, we can do that.

We: What do you mean re-order? The server haven't been expired, why did you close them down?

Vrt: The log says that your account is closed by request from the owner.

We:
    We just asked you do not charge the credit card automatically, because we don't know whether our customer renew or not.

Vrt:
    If you want to renew the server, then we require a payment in advance because we will probably have to put a new server.

We:
    The server HAS NOT expired..... why renew a server when the server hasn't expire?

Vrt:
    Because it was closed by request.

We:
    That means there is no way we can get back our server as well as data, right?

Vrt:
    It's possible depending on the server is already reformatted or not.

What we can say is:
    "We have trusted a fraud".

Sigh.
    Well, No offense, but by the level of english you are typing, and or speaking, You could have accidentally canceled it. They could have mistakenly thought you wanted to cancel their servers. If I were you I would actually call them instead of emailing them. They have a phone number on their site. And If im not mistaken, THIS IS A DOUBLE or TRIPPLE thread. Anyways, If your hostile with them, your not going to get anywhere with them.

Also, I remember people on here talking to you about this, in another thread, and someone said, that their reorganizing and updating their company.

Seriously, why would you ever order from a company that uses standard, non SSL encrypted, pages to order? Your credit card information and everything needed to commit fraud is just put across the internet like every other webpage. That right there is the first clue that they have no business in web hosting, and you should have turned away from the beginning. Next time actually investigate a host before you sign up with them.
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.

Re: Re: The VrtServers Story, The Big Fraud in Dedicated Servers.

Originally posted by NitOxYs
    Well, No offense, but by the level of english you are typing, and or speaking, You could have accidentally canceled it. They could have mistakenly thought you wanted to cancel their servers. If I were you I would actually call them instead of emailing them. They have a phone number on their site. And If im not mistaken, THIS IS A DOUBLE or TRIPPLE thread. Anyways, If your hostile with them, your not going to get anywhere with them.

Yes, I admit that my level of English is not that good. We have tried to phone them, not that number is a cell phone number with voice mail only.

Anyways, If your hostile with them, your not going to get anywhere with them.
    There is no difference between "such answer" and "no answer".

If they do care customer as well as business, they can re-open the servers if I really accidentally cancelled it. Right?

Originally posted by SolidJoe
    Seriously, why would you ever order from a company that uses standard, non SSL encrypted, pages to order? Your credit card information and everything needed to commit fraud is just put across the internet like every other webpage. That right there is the first clue that they have no business in web hosting, and you should have turned away from the beginning. Next time actually investigate a host before you sign up with them.

Yes, this is actually a clue..

That's why we use PayPal to pay..

Re: Re: Re: The VrtServers Story, The Big Fraud in Dedicated Servers.

Yes, I admit that my level of English is not that good. We have tried to phone them, not that number is a cell phone number with voice mail only.

There is no difference between "such answer" and "no answer".

If they do care customer as well as business, they can re-open the servers if I really accidentally cancelled it. Right?
    Vrtservers, Has alot of ques, meaning they cycle their servers quickly, and If you cancelled your servers, their is no garentee, that they can get them back. If they didnt cycle them fast enough they would lose business, and never have enough hardware to fulfill customers. As for the order for, I totally agree, They should get a SSL certificate to encrypt their data. However their Mainly paypal, and they lost their paypal, account so, they SHOULD definately get a SSL certificate.

I also have had a bad experience with them. I recieved a server with cPanel and after only 2 days of trying to get it to work we did a soft reboot from the control panel that has sent the server into a permenant downtime now of almost 4 days on an account open less then a week. They tried telling me at first it was our fault and then found out that it was a bad kernel. This was fine to a point until they suddenly wanted to charge me for the software that was obviously on the server prior to our purchasing it. They do not want to do anything about the problem either according to their support. They also do have no phone system that is worth talking about, nor do they respond to emails in a timely manner.

I would highly reccommend not using them at this time until they fix their customer service issues.

Re: The VrtServers Story, The Big Fraud in Dedicated Servers.

We:
    I would need some clarification on this issue before bashing the dedicated server provider. Cherri-Jeffery, it seems you were not sure if the credit card was valid? Is this correct? Why didn't you update your credit card info with a credit card that was valid?!

And you're using paypal, but you're not sure if your customer (are you paying these servers with the customer's credit card info?) renewed his credit card info?!

I'm not going to defend the ded server provider, because it seems he has somes bad reviews here on WHT and I don't know them, but I'm a little confused here with your story Cherri.
    Last edited by host1net; 08-04-2005 at 08:33 AM.
    Lookup your IP: snoopmyip.com
    Proxy Guide: proxyspot.com