How to install Cpanel on an Apache off XAMPP?

Hi guys,

I'm doing some offline testing at the moment and have installed XAMPP which includes Apache into a folder on my local machine.

I've heard good things about CPanel and want to try it out.

I already have the Cpanel-7[1].1.0-RELEASE_20-Linux-i686-glibc-2.1.tar.gz file.

How do I "install" the Cpanel to work with my offline test server? The instructions at doesn't seem to help me out.

Cpanel can't install on home network if you haven't dedicated ip's and it is not a public ip's.
    Also you not need any apache installer because Cpanel come with all required software include apache, php, mysql and etc.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Oh so you're saying that I can't do offline testing with Cpanel? Just like how I'm setting up a forums now but am doing it offline with Xampp and Vbulletin (offline using the or localhost address).

For Cpanel it must be installed on an webhosting IP address account?

I hope i am not correct on this one, and that i am not breaking the rules.

There is only one way you can get a cPanel7 file (a warez network) and it has been acknowledged by the cPanel crew that 7 was the version that was crackable (8 had the introduction of IP validation and 9 had the introduction of IP+Hardware validation.) and 7 operates off a serial code from what i know.

if you don't have static ips you cannot install cPanel on your home network, however, if you do have a static IP, you can do this.

However, judging by the name and age and version of that file, it was from a warez network of some type, I would really suggest not using it, as cPanel does not take kindly to people pirating their software...